LSAT section breakdown chart Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

LSAT section breakdown chart

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:45 pm

was kinda bored, so i made an interactive chart which breakdown of the types of questions in each lsat section. i guess it could be helpful if you want to concentrate your study plans for more frequently occuring q-types/game types. here you go, please don't hurt my feelings.. --LinkRemoved--

you can hover over a slice of any pie to see what the relevant question type/game type is, and also to see it's probability of occurrence for that section in general.

also have historical law school rankings visualization, if you're interested in seeing how the rankings have fluctuated over course of the last decade or so. (it's here: --LinkRemoved-- and I am attempting to give this one to Ken for this site, if he'll ever answer his private messages.. it does really seem like this one belongs here though.

BlueDiamond

Silver

Re: LSAT section breakdown chart

Post by BlueDiamond » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm sure this will be helpful to people.. and I'll admit it is kind of cool

However, go drink a beer.. please

Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:51 pm

i'm open to you buying me one :D

Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:54 pm

..oh and if you're using internet explorer, i believe you may possibly see nothing. i would recommend downloading a real browser?

TheColonel

New

Post by TheColonel » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:22 am

Wow, that is much more elegantly displayed than I expected. Looks great!

Did you think about doing a classification of the type of RC section? (Science, Law, humanities etc)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:33 am

TheColonel wrote:Wow, that is much more elegantly displayed than I expected. Looks great!

Did you think about doing a classification of the type of RC section? (Science, Law, humanities etc)
you keep saying nice things like that and i'll make anything you want :wink:

yeah i think i could manage something like that. in fact, i'm open to suggestions, any ideas are welcome

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:58 am

Last edited by 03152016 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:55 am

TheColonel wrote:Wow, that is much more elegantly displayed than I expected. Looks great!

Done.
Max324 wrote:Looks great, nice looking site!

Small correction, there are actually 70 released PTs (65 PTs, 3 SuperPrep tests, the June 2007 test and the February 1997 test). :D The February '97 test was stolen on test day, so they released it as the Official LSAT Prep Test with Explanations. They stopped publishing it in hard copy form, but you can still buy it on Amazon, or take the test online at LSAC's website (it's called Itemwise).
And corrected. :D with attribution

---

I should point out (before anyone gets the wrong idea) that I am in no way trying to replace TLS (I mean, I love this place, look at my post count). While there is great content on here, and definitely great answers to questions which people have on the LSAT, I remember that it was really kinda hard to find the deeply archived ones when I had a question about a specific LSAT question. I'm hoping to solve that problem..

Mr.Binks

Silver

Post by Mr.Binks » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:30 pm

This is quite interesting. It looks cool also! If I could, I would give you an upvote.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LexLeon

Bronze

Post by LexLeon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:25 pm

Pretty sweet; thanks for sharing.

How many (or which) tests did you use as data?

Alex

SingleLadies

New

Post by SingleLadies » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Hype!

Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:This is quite interesting. It looks cool also! If I could, I would give you an upvote.
you guys are super nice, i was actually kinda nervous about showing it at all.. making stuff is a pretty personal process and it's easy to get overly sensitive about it.. or at least it is for me..
LexLeon wrote:Pretty sweet; thanks for sharing.

How many (or which) tests did you use as data?

Alex
it's be easier to let you know which ones were omitted:

Superprep Tests (A,B,C), PrepTest 63-65 (this will be corrected soon), and feb 1997 (the ancient and rare prep test).
SingleLadies wrote:Hype!
what do you mean?

SingleLadies

New

Post by SingleLadies » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Sorry I use that idiosyncratically. Great job nice work!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:21 pm

This is good stuff! Informative and cool

agcl0913

New

Post by agcl0913 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:58 pm

How about sufficient assumption/justify LR questions?

Thanks for putting the time into this! It's pretty nifty.

SingleLadies

New

Post by SingleLadies » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:08 pm

also. the next step is to have someone click on that a subject and for a brief FYI to pop up. eg. methods, strategies and examples of questions.

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:11 am

Haha cool.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SaintsTheMetal

Bronze

Post by SaintsTheMetal » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:07 am

Seems like you could easily combine some classifications... Such as for LR, Main Point and Main Conclusion... I don't see any difference between the two. Also not sure there is a difference between "Most strongly supported" and "Must be true." I only used powerscore books so maybe another company does those apart but I don't really see why you would

Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Tue May 01, 2012 1:26 am

agcl0913 wrote:How about sufficient assumption/justify LR questions?

No problem! And thanks for pointing out the suff/justify (though I haven't actually fixed it yet). It's a bug, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to fix it.

In the meantime though, did make this!

--LinkRemoved--

It'll grade your lsats for you and give you a breakdown chart! It's not done yet though, so fair bit of warning to all you adventurous types..

edit: [saw another post]
SaintsTheMetal wrote:Seems like you could easily combine some classifications... Such as for LR, Main Point and Main Conclusion... I don't see any difference between the two. Also not sure there is a difference between "Most strongly supported" and "Must be true." I only used powerscore books so maybe another company does those apart but I don't really see why you would
Yeah I considered this, and your points are valid, but the categories I take out may be great for Powerscore students but horrible for, say, Princeton Review or something.. Not sure that freeware should really be discriminating the prep test companies, since that seems kinda shady.

Aesthetician

New

Post by Aesthetician » Wed May 02, 2012 2:25 am

Any chance of UCLA knocking off Cornell next year?

outlookingin

Bronze

Post by outlookingin » Wed May 02, 2012 1:39 pm

yo this is nice!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Wed May 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Lyov Myshkin wrote:
agcl0913 wrote:How about sufficient assumption/justify LR questions?

No problem! And thanks for pointing out the suff/justify (though I haven't actually fixed it yet). It's a bug, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to fix it.

In the meantime though, did make this!

--LinkRemoved--

It'll grade your lsats for you and give you a breakdown chart! It's not done yet though, so fair bit of warning to all you adventurous types..

edit: [saw another post]
SaintsTheMetal wrote:Seems like you could easily combine some classifications... Such as for LR, Main Point and Main Conclusion... I don't see any difference between the two. Also not sure there is a difference between "Most strongly supported" and "Must be true." I only used powerscore books so maybe another company does those apart but I don't really see why you would
Yeah I considered this, and your points are valid, but the categories I take out may be great for Powerscore students but horrible for, say, Princeton Review or something.. Not sure that freeware should really be discriminating the prep test companies, since that seems kinda shady.
OMG, I love the lsat preptest grader thing. Now I can take preptests online and just fill in my answers there, so cool.

Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Wed May 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Micdiddy wrote:OMG, I love the lsat preptest grader thing. Now I can take preptests online and just fill in my answers there, so cool.
:D Glad you like it! I'm planning on expanding it so that you can actually track your prep-test scores over a time-series so that you can see how much you're improving in a section-type or just in general. I think it may end up being a pretty useful tool for people to use while studying, and I'm still working on it pretty actively with a friend and we think it's only gonna get cooler (or that's what we hope anyway).

VasaVasori

Silver

Post by VasaVasori » Fri May 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Sat May 12, 2012 3:49 pm

VasaVasori wrote:I found this to be helpful in evaluating the actual importance of working on pattern games (not very important) so thought I'd bump the topic.

Also, based upon the second graph by the OP, I think that a "T18" designation might be more appropriate than "T14".
you should see what me and a friend have planned for logical reasoning data visualization. :D it's not ready yet but soon..

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”