Help on time? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
meandme

New

Help on time?

Post by meandme » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Hey Guys
When I am doing my drilling I get most of the answer correct. But when I am under the clock I get my ass kicked. For instance, today I tried doing 15 LR questions in 20 mins. I had someone check the answers for me and I got like 3 right. Then I redid the same question without knowing which ones I missed and taking my time I got 14 right. I haven't really taken a full PT yet because I can't even seem to do 15 questions without caving under pressure. So would someone please let me know what I should do. All help is appreciated.

Thanks
God bless.

TheColonel

New

Re: Help on time?

Post by TheColonel » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:18 am

A few more details would help. How long have you been prepping? Do you usually have trouble on tests under time constraints? Were they a random sampling of 15 questions or were they the first 15 from an actual section (generally, LR increases in difficulty from beginning to end) or something else?

From what I have gathered, the conventional wisdom (and what has worked for me) is to drill questions untimed and then move to timed sections after you have a solid grasp on how to approach each question. Depending on the score you are aiming for, there are some timing strategies that may be beneficial such as planning on skipping the final questions or avoiding time consuming Parallel Reasoning questions.

If you can answer them correctly without a time constraint then you are well on your way.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”