My circumstances and when to take the LSAT

ryanfaro

My circumstances and when to take the LSAT

Postby ryanfaro » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Hey guys,

I am an 82 credit student, this means I will graduate after the fall semester of 2013. AKA I will have completed four and a half years of college as opposed to the four year 'norm.'

When is my best option to the LSAT the first time? Keep in mind I am a t14 hopeful.

Thank you

tomwatts

Re: My circumstances and when to take the LSAT

Postby tomwatts » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Being a t14 hopeful doesn't matter at all for this.

If you're going to graduate after the fall semester of 2013, you're probably going to try to enroll in law school in fall of 2014. So assume that you're just like someone who is graduating in spring of 2014; you'll take the LSAT some time in 2013, probably in June or October.

Of course, this changes if you're planning to take more than a semester off before law school. If you're planning to enroll in fall of 2015, then push the timing back a year.

marlo45

Postby marlo45 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:06 pm

At the end of this semester i'll have 76 credits. Best believe i'm graduating next spring, though. I'll be taking 9 credits in the summer, 18 in the fall, and 18 in spring.

Since it appears you wont be going the express route like myself, i'll assume you'll be free this summer so spend it doing some heavy LSAT practicing. If you're taking 15 or less credits this fall, keep practicing but a little lighter and go hard between semesters. I'd aim to be ready for June 2013, and again in October if necessary.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:04 pm

ryanfaro wrote:Hey guys,

I am an 82 credit student, this means I will graduate after the fall semester of 2013. AKA I will have completed four and a half years of college as opposed to the four year 'norm.'

When is my best option to the LSAT the first time? Keep in mind I am a t14 hopeful.

Thank you

Best time is June of the year when you'll have the least amount of work to do. Even if that's 2 years before you'll apply, having that extra free time to prep will be worth more than a more recent score.

Should you have to wait 3+ years after taking it, then you might run into some issues with a few T14 schools who will want a more recent LSAT score.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:06 pm

This thread makes me feel like I have way more credits than I should have but I am just a Jr on your typical track....

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”