Earplugs During LSAT?

echamberlin8

Earplugs During LSAT?

Postby echamberlin8 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 am

I was reading this thread on the GMAT Club Web site--http://gmatclub.com/forum/10-tips-to-improve-your-score-app-with-no-extra-studying-124393.html#p1012148--and they suggested that you wear ear plugs during both practice tests and during the real thing. I wear ear plugs to help me sleep every night, so I'm already in the habit of wearing them quite a bit. I also wear them during studying a lot, although as I get closer to the real test day, I was planning to start studying/PTing in crowded, noisy environments to adjust myself to test day conditions.

But this made me wonder if people can wear ear plugs during test day. Do you guys know?

Mr. Pancakes

Re: Earplugs During LSAT?

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 am

no ear plugs.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:32 am

I couldn't say for sure, but I feel like it could get you in trouble if you don't hear the proctor call time and keep working, or something. It just seems like a big risk to me, tbh.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:36 am

it states that ear plugs are not allowed.

http://www.lsac.org/jd/LSAT/day-of-test.asp

Items Prohibited at the Test Center
You may not bring into the testing center or use any of the following:

•electronic timers of any kind
•digital watches, alarm watches, beeping watches, calculator watches
•cell phones, pay phones, beepers, pagers, personal digital assistants (PDAs)
•personal computers
•calculators
•photographic or recording devices
•listening devices
•headsets, iPods, or other media players
•books, dictionaries, papers of any kind
•rulers
•mechanical pencils
•briefcases, handbags, backpacks of any kind
•earplugs
•hats/hoods (except religious apparel) may not be worn on the head
•weapons or firearms

princeR

Postby princeR » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:42 am

Don't ever study with ear plugs or take tests with them. I did this my first time and it was so much different during the real thing. Take PTs in the middle of the library so its not obnoxiously loud but still some distractions and noise.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:45 am

just grow some earwax

doclover

Postby doclover » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:59 pm

echamberlin8 wrote:I was reading this thread on the GMAT Club Web site--http://gmatclub.com/forum/10-tips-to-improve-your-score-app-with-no-extra-studying-124393.html#p1012148--and they suggested that you wear ear plugs during both practice tests and during the real thing. I wear ear plugs to help me sleep every night, so I'm already in the habit of wearing them quite a bit. I also wear them during studying a lot, although as I get closer to the real test day, I was planning to start studying/PTing in crowded, noisy environments to adjust myself to test day conditions.

But this made me wonder if people can wear ear plugs during test day. Do you guys know?

Just one of the many reasons that the GMAT is a much kinder test than the LSAT.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:18 pm

I wish.

AffordablePrep

Postby AffordablePrep » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 pm

I called lsac with this exact q in 2009. They laughed and said "obviously no".

Logically, you can't have labeled bottled water bec u can make ur own label to cheat. Seems earplugs are 10 times more useful to use to cheat if u so chose. Ever see old school?

gaud

Postby gaud » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:28 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:just grow some earwax

this. it's free

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Earplugs just to sleep? How would you have ever made it through WW1 trench warfare?

echamberlin8

Postby echamberlin8 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Tom Joad wrote:Earplugs just to sleep? How would you have ever made it through WW1 trench warfare?

Lol, I wouldn't have.

Thanks for the answers, guys. I shall save the ear plugs for the GMAT!

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:35 am

Strangely enough, this is the one upside to my current condition. I have complete hearing loss in my left ear and 50% in my right ear. I'm holding off the surgery to fix it till after the LSAT. I'm going to tell the proctor I'm deaf in my RIGHT ear, so I would prefer to sit on the right of the room so I could hear her instructions better...Thus all the noisy mofo's that show up will be on my deaf side. It's a gamble, eventually this fast growing growth will expand onto my facial nerve and paralyze my face, but I should be fine till June!

enigmabk

Postby enigmabk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Strangely enough, this is the one upside to my current condition. I have complete hearing loss in my left ear and 50% in my right ear. I'm holding off the surgery to fix it till after the LSAT. I'm going to tell the proctor I'm deaf in my RIGHT ear, so I would prefer to sit on the right of the room so I could hear her instructions better...Thus all the noisy mofo's that show up will be on my deaf side. It's a gamble, eventually this fast growing growth will expand onto my facial nerve and paralyze my face, but I should be fine till June!

I am genuinely jealous

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:16 am

enigmabk wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:Strangely enough, this is the one upside to my current condition. I have complete hearing loss in my left ear and 50% in my right ear. I'm holding off the surgery to fix it till after the LSAT. I'm going to tell the proctor I'm deaf in my RIGHT ear, so I would prefer to sit on the right of the room so I could hear her instructions better...Thus all the noisy mofo's that show up will be on my deaf side. It's a gamble, eventually this fast growing growth will expand onto my facial nerve and paralyze my face, but I should be fine till June!

I am genuinely jealous

Horray Tumor! :|

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”