June or October

bumblebeetuna

June or October

Postby bumblebeetuna » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi there. I am would like to go to a good school. My GPA is not good (3.0). So, I obviously need a very good LSAT in order to have a chance getting into anywhere worth going to.

I have just started studying (5 days ago). I took a diagnostic, scored a 163. I would like a 173+. Should I wait until October, self study, maybe take a course over the summer? Or should I hurry up and get into a Testmasters (or whatever) course pronto for the June exam?

The reason why I am torn between the two is, one, I do not want to rush, however I know that the earlier I apply the better, especially since I will be a splitter (if all goes according to plan, of course).

What do you think? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

gaud

Re: June or October

Postby gaud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:42 pm

DO NOT rush your studying.

A 163 is a very solid diagnostic. I'd continue prepping as if you were going to take the June administration and if you're not satisfied with your level or prep come then, take it in October.

Good luck!

EDIT: with a diagnostic score like that, self study should be sufficient

bumblebeetuna

Postby bumblebeetuna » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:16 am

gaud wrote:DO NOT rush your studying.

A 163 is a very solid diagnostic. I'd continue prepping as if you were going to take the June administration and if you're not satisfied with your level or prep come then, take it in October.

Good luck!

Thank you for your helpful reply.

EDIT: And for the good luck!

boiseman

Postby boiseman » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:01 am

Good question, I am in a similar situation...I will be interested to see what the consensus is regarding any advantages (or disadvantages) in the upcoming admissions cycle.

bne

Postby bne » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:02 pm

gaud wrote:DO NOT rush your studying.

Good luck!

This.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”