If you could get your hands on the LSAT...

DaRascal

If you could get your hands on the LSAT...

Postby DaRascal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:54 am

that you were planning to take... weeks before the exam was administered... would you dare...?

Or would you be ethical and set it on fire?

bernaldiaz

Re: If you could get your hands on the LSAT...

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:57 am

DaRascal wrote:that you were planning to take... weeks before the exam was administered... would you dare...?

If this is just an ethics question (so I wouldn't risk being caught), I would 100% look at it. Stakes are way too fucking high to let ethics get in the way. That test can be worth millions after scholarship and career earnings are taken in to account. Honestly, I wouldn't even feel guilty about it. Not really sure why I would.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 am

DaRascal wrote:that you were planning to take... weeks before the exam was administered... would you dare...?

If I had no way of being caught, id look at it.

Seriously though, pm me if you have it.hahahaha

There is no way the test could get out beforehand, unless you were extremely well connected with someone on the inside, which would be bad ass.

NoleMatt

Postby NoleMatt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 am

Not only would I look at it, I would do even more unethical things to do so. I would push 6 children out of the way on my way to get the test and commit voter fraud on my way back home.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:00 pm

NoleMatt wrote:Not only would I look at it, I would do even more unethical things to do so. I would push 6 children out of the way on my way to get the test and commit voter fraud on my way back home.

LMAO.

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Geetar Man wrote:
NoleMatt wrote:Not only would I look at it, I would do even more unethical things to do so. I would push 6 children out of the way on my way to get the test and commit voter fraud on my way back home.

LMAO.

:lol:

bruss

Postby bruss » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Geetar Man wrote:

LMAO.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:33 pm

I'd give $30,000 grand for the LSAT, if it was guaranteed to be the actual one.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:24 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:I'd give $30,000 grand for the LSAT, if it was guaranteed to be the actual one.

Really? Is this before or after you scored 174 haha.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Geetar Man wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:I'd give $30,000 grand for the LSAT, if it was guaranteed to be the actual one.

Still. If I had the test for even a couple hours extra I would 100% get a 180. I feel like that would be worth it.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:28 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:

Still. If I had the test for even a couple hours extra I would 100% get a 180. I feel like that would be worth it.

I wonder if anyone has actually tried to bribe the proctor, if they were testing alone, which a certain amount of cash.

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:31 pm

you could just steal it

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/jan/27/local/me-58227

don't really, though :D

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:34 pm

gaud wrote:you could just steal it

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/jan/27/local/me-58227

don't really, though :D

That was pretty awesome.

omninode

Postby omninode » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:38 pm

If I knew for sure I wouldn't get caught? Absolutely.

I deserve a 180.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Oddly, if I found a bag containing $150,000 US (which equals 3 years of law school tuition similiar to the immediate value of a high LSAT score), I'd probably keep it, but wouldn't touch the LSAT (even if I did, it would be the wrong version--just like the cash would likely be counterfeit).

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:50 pm

30,000 grand = $30000000? :mrgreen:

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:53 pm

http://www.usc.edu/student-affairs/dt/V ... y.45c.html

Taylor said one of the student suspects hired a non-USC student at a Hollywood bar to steal the exam from the Law Center during an exam session. The student then took the test in Hawaii and had the answers given to him via his pager, Taylor said. It is not known who actually answered the exam questions that were allegedly given to the student, he said.

The other student allegedly provided the non-student suspect with a fake student identification card in order to gain admittance into the testing area, Taylor said. He said the name of a current engineering student was used on the identification card used to register for the test, but that student was not involved in the robbery.

The suspect who was hired to steal the exam went to the Law Center and sat down to take the exam, Taylor said. About 15 minutes after the test was distributed, he left the room and was pursued by the proctor. Near the intersection of Trousdale and Exposition boulevards, he produced what the proctor described as a switchblade knife in his hand, got into a car and left, Taylor said.

Approximately 100,000 people take this test annually, Vaseleck said. He said this has been the first case he knows about of an armed robbery of an LSAT test.

LexLeon

Postby LexLeon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:49 pm

1. And nullify the value of the months I've spent studying? Hell no.

2. And secure a spot in my school of choice, the Best School, without actually having earned it? Hell no.

3. And act out of such dishonesty, when the truthful option is available and more fun? Hell no.

4. And doubt that I can do as well without having seen it beforehand. Hell no.

5. And count myself as entitled to such a sharp advantage while my brothers and sisters, who have taken the Correct route, may not get what they deserve, due to my dishonest actions? Hell no.

In short, my friend, Hell no, I would not look at it.

Elston Gunn

Postby Elston Gunn » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:55 pm

The difference between a 174/4.0 and a 180/4.0 is what? Going from 90% to 99% at H and 50% to 75% at Y? No way is that worth $30,000.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:36 pm

LexLeon wrote:1. And nullify the value of the months I've spent studying? Hell no.

2. And secure a spot in my school of choice, the Best School, without actually having earned it? Hell no.

3. And act out of such dishonesty, when the truthful option is available and more fun? Hell no.

5. And count myself as entitled to such a sharp advantage while my brothers and sisters, who have taken the Correct route, may not get what they deserve, due to my dishonest actions? Hell no.

lmao, ethics nerd. The LSAT is so frustrating that I would love to see the damn thing beforehand. However, as for this type of action (doing things solely because I knew that I wouldnt be caught), I feel as if I would follow Lexleon and do the right thing (i.e., not cheat on my gf, not steal from a person/store, etc...). Therefore, I, too, am an ethics nerd for the most part.

Its the fucking LSAT we're talking about. Give me that sheeit.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Elston Gunn wrote:

The difference between a 174/4.0 and a 180/4.0 is what? Going from 90% to 99% at H and 50% to 75% at Y? No way is that worth $30,000.

I guess. I just think if I was truly secure at HYS then 30k wouldn't matter in the long run.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:

Hahah shit that's a lot of money. Not sure I could get a loan to cover that.

"And what are you planning to use this 30 million dollars for, sir?"

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:02 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:

Hahah shit that's a lot of money. Not sure I could get a loan to cover that.

"And what are you planning to use this 30 million dollars for, sir?"

When trying to take a loan that big out, you answer the question with "I'm spending the weekend in Vegas with Charlie Sheen" and they might be inclined to approve it! lol

Geetar Man wrote:
LexLeon wrote:1. And nullify the value of the months I've spent studying? Hell no.

lmao, ethics nerd. The LSAT is so frustrating that I would love to see the damn thing beforehand. However, as for this type of action (doing things solely because I knew that I wouldnt be caught), I feel as if I would follow Lexleon and do the right thing (i.e., not cheat on my gf, not steal from a person/store, etc...). Therefore, I, too, am an ethics nerd for the most part.

Its the fucking LSAT we're talking about. Give me that sheeit.

I must endorse the above quotes. Doing it with honor and pride is the only way to go.
Yeah, I'm an ethics nerd too.

Several years ago my ExGF (she was not my GF at the time, just a girl that contacted me online on the LSD forum for tutoring. We talked on the phone a lot for several months to get her ready for the test after meeting in person once for tutoring, she lived out of state) visited her test site the day before the administration to know where to go since she frequently gets lost.

Her admission ticket had the room# on it so she went to it to check out the desks and stuff and called me from inside the room. There was a closet in the room she looked in. The box of test booklets/materials clearly labeled was inside the closet. She asked if she should open it and take one. I blew a gasket! and told her "F'k no, I'll report you if you do, don't touch it, GTFO of the room NOWWWW". Unlike months later when we started a relationship she actually listened to me that time. In hindsight it is surprising given that she turned out to be ethically and law abidingly challenged and very crazy, which is why I have a restraining order against her and several still pending criminal cases against her for crimes she committed against me that she has been failing to appear for and deal with for a few years now while racking up several more criminal charges and cases against herself for all sorts of stuff.

She botched the test the next day and canceled because, as she told me months later, she decided to pop a bunch of adderall shortly before checking in at the test center.

Anyway, as tempting as it may sound and be fun to joke about, cheating on the LSAT is not a joking matter and is an issue I take very seriously, I'm just that way. Do it with merit, PWN the test and own the score(s) you achieve, for better or for worse. That's my view.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:18 am

Raise your hand if you expected Jeffort's anecdote to head in that direction...

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:19 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:Raise your hand if you expected Jeffort's anecdote to head in that direction...

raises hand

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”