LSAT test center - rutgers, newark, NJ - good site?

aa220

LSAT test center - rutgers, newark, NJ - good site?

Postby aa220 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:48 am

hey everyone,
i'm trying to decide between taking a spot at rutgers in newark, NJ for my upcoming LSAT or staying on the NY waitlist. being waitlisted means i could get something even further from newark, NJ (i live on the upper west side so would only have to travel about 1.5 hours) or i could luck out and get something super close. but if the rutgers newark site is a good one, might make sense to just stick to that one.
does anyone have any advice re the rutgers newark test site and whether it's a good one to go to?
thanks!

yankees42789

Re: LSAT test center - rutgers, newark, NJ - good site?

Postby yankees42789 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:54 am

I took a Kaplan-administered practice test there and thought it was fine. There's ample parking and it's pretty easy to find since there are plenty of street signs pointing you in the right direction, but I found the desks to be on the smaller side and was disappointed that there was no clock in the room. I don't think I'd want to travel 1.5 hours to get to the LSAT given how early the test is given (though I think I recall someone saying it's administered in the afternoon in June so that could be a moot point) and how focused you have to be for it, but Newark isn't that bad - you'll be fine there.

aa220

Postby aa220 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:00 am

thanks so much! just wondering - how many people were in the room with you? was there a lot of noise outside? was the lighting decent? sorry for all the questions, but i'm taking it for the 4th time (medical extenuating circumstances) and i want to make sure nothing messes me up!

yankees42789

Postby yankees42789 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:03 am

There were maybe about 30 total people in the room, but again, that was a practice test so I'm not sure how representative that would be of the real thing. It was shockingly quiet outside (the campus looked dead, though I guess that's typical for a college campus on an early Saturday morning) and the lighting was totally fine.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 am

aa220 wrote:i'm taking it for the 4th time (medical extenuating circumstances) and i want to make sure nothing messes me up!

Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but would you mind giving more information on the extenuating circumstances? You're the first person I've heard granted an extra administration since LSAC changed their policies, and I've had several students denied despite medical circumstances.

Back to the topic - Rutgers is a pretty decent location, and I doubt it will take you 1.5 hours to get there. I'm UWS as well, and I'm down at Rutgers regularly for presentations and meetings; early in the morning, I can usually get there in an hour.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”