Enough prep time left for June LSAT?

media2law

Enough prep time left for June LSAT?

Postby media2law » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:49 pm

I had been planning to take the Oct. LSAT but I am thinking about taking it in June. Is there enough prep time left between now and then?

I work full-time and have been doing moderate prep until now and would need to ramp it up with LSAT just about two months away,

Just wondering if there is enough time left for prep.

Alan

Re: Enough prep time left for June LSAT?

Postby Alan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Can you put in a few hours a day for the next 10 weeks? If so, then yeah, there is enough time.

LOLyer

Postby LOLyer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 pm

Real men don't study for the LSAT

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Very interested in this topic as a future June test taker :mrgreen:

Postby 20130312 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:08 pm

How long have you been studying already? I'm planning on ramping up hard for the June LSAT soon, but I already have a lot of studying under my belt from taking the LSAT previously.

Psib337

Postby Psib337 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:27 pm

I'd like to think so. I work full time too but I was planning on applying in the fall so waiting until October to take the test is an option but not one I like. I'm taking a prep class which takes up 8 hours a week and the two days I don't have class I can get in 2-3 hours (I refuse to do anything with the LSAT on a Friday) and then on the weekends I usually do more of the homework from class and take a PT or two (we were told not to, but after a low diagnostic I was getting impatient with just answering question after question without seeing how or if it was helping me). I will say that I do feel like I've backed myself into a corner by taking the test in June because I feel like it's my only shot. By October I'd like to have all my applications in, not taking the test again.

twenty

Postby twenty » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Don't commit suicide if you need to retake in October. Looking at LSN, a majority of applicants actually end up submitting their completed applications in November or later (coincidentally, right after the October LSAT scores come out.)

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:03 pm

You provided literally no information at all...
How are you scoring?
What do you need to be scoring?
Have you studied before? Been studying? How long?

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:38 am

In the complete abstract, yes, there is still enough time to prep for June.

However, in your specific case, the answer might be different. What is your diagnostic? For what score are you aiming? How much time do you have to devote to studying/week?

media2law

Postby media2law » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:51 pm

I am about 10 to 15 points from my goal and have about 30 hours a week to devote to prep.
I'm thinking about June because it is an afternoon exam and I have a 1.5 hour commute to the nearest LSAT location.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:54 pm

media2law wrote:I am about 10 to 15 points from my goal and have about 30 hours a week to devote to prep.
I'm thinking about June because it is an afternoon exam and I have a 1.5 hour commute to the nearest LSAT location.

Holy shit that sucks. Again, 10 to 15 points away from your goal really doesn't tell us much. If you have done literally zero prep and you are completely butchering LG, then yes, it's very possible to make that climb in 2 months. However, if you have already put in some effort and have a general understanding of the test and its questions, then it may be a bit more difficult.

ehall20

Postby ehall20 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:34 pm

As far as the 1.5 hour commute, if you end up taking the October test it's not a big deal to just get a hotel room for the night before that's closer to the testing center. I would also say your decision depends largely on how the schools you're targeting view multiple LSAT scores. If you're targeting a school that only looks at the highest score, I can't see any significant reason not to take the June LSAT if you feel prepared for it. On the other hand, if the school averages the scores I'd make damn sure you're confident that you're going to score close to as high as you're capable of by test day.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:42 am

2 months is enough time with some background, especially if you will put in 30 hours/week. I had done some minimal prep for a previous test when I started an LSAT class this time last year, and did fine on the June test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”