Having problem with last 5-7 questions on LR section

lawschool4

Having problem with last 5-7 questions on LR section

Postby lawschool4 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:18 pm

I've been concentrating on the Logical Reasoning section for the past week or 2 and am having A LOT of trouble with the last few questions.

I will do about 3 or 4 timed LR sections and I always miss the last 5 to 6. I tried working backwards, but still had the same problem, missed the last 6 but did perfectly fine from 1-19/20

I know that the questions are a little harder, but does anybody have any advice on how to go about this issue?

Thanks

Micdiddy

Re: Having problem with last 5-7 questions on LR section

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Extensive review of the questions you're missing? If it is this consistent, chances are you're missing the same thing, or a few things, consistently.
Go back and look at the type of answers you're picking and the right answers and ask yourself why the wrong one was so appealing. Then, the next time a similar tough question comes up you can recognize similar characteristics in the answer choices and avoid the answer that most often trips you up.

Also Drill, Baby, Drill.

princeR

Postby princeR » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Lots of times there's a parallel reasoning/flaw in those last 6, so I'm assuming you are consistently missing that type of question. Like it's been said, look at the Q types and drill. Nothing special about the last 6, how could anyone possibly tell you how to improve on those last 6... there isn't any specific set of 6 questions that will be asked.

gaud

Postby gaud » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:26 pm

You could start at question 15 and go through to the end. Once you finish them, simply go back to the beginning. I've heard a lot of people mention doing this before.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:33 pm

gaud wrote:You could start at question 15 and go through to the end. Once you finish them, simply go back to the beginning. I've heard a lot of people mention doing this before.

Really? Has it been shown that the later questions really are more difficult??
I guess I'm used to breezing by the first few, hmm maybe I will try this as well.

gaud

Postby gaud » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
gaud wrote:You could start at question 15 and go through to the end. Once you finish them, simply go back to the beginning. I've heard a lot of people mention doing this before.

Really? Has it been shown that the later questions really are more difficult??
I guess I'm used to breezing by the first few, hmm maybe I will try this as well.

I don't know if it's ever actually be proven that they're more difficult... for me they always seemed to be, though. Either that or they're more time-consuming.

Try it out. There's certainly nothing to lose in trying. To reiterate, I've heard a lot of people mention doing it AND that they prefer it.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:39 pm

All the prep test companies will tell you the questions get harder..and I agree as will 99.99 percent of everyone else..I think.

Having said that, I wouldnt recommend you do what the other poster said about starting halfway then going back to the beginning..mainly because if you get bogged down and waste time on those harder questions, you might run out of time for questions you would get. So always go from easy to hard.

And usually the ones that come later, like others have said, are parallel reasoning/flaw...study those types with a good prep guide. I used powerscore, I liked it.

gaud

Postby gaud » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:41 pm

thederangedwang wrote:All the prep test companies will tell you the questions get harder..and I agree as will 99.99 percent of everyone else..I think.

Having said that, I wouldnt recommend you do what the other poster said about starting halfway then going back to the beginning..mainly because if you get bogged down and waste time on those harder questions, you might run out of time for questions you would get. So always go from easy to hard.

And usually the ones that come later, like others have said, are parallel reasoning/flaw...study those types with a good prep guide. I used powerscore, I liked it.

That's a very good point. OP, don't forget that the harder questions aren't worth more points than the easy ones (not that I think you forgot that).

I want to make it clear that I never used the 'starting half-way' method, I was simply suggesting what I've heard.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”