Cambridge Ultimate Prep Package??

rocknugg89

Cambridge Ultimate Prep Package??

Postby rocknugg89 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:09 am

Hey has anyone used the Cambridge Ultimate Prep Package? --LinkRemoved--

I was going to just look around for the kaplan mastery practice book and drill with that but this package seems pretty legit. I was going to buy these prep tests anyway so I might as well get it all together. The $250 price tag is throwing me but I guess I'll be paying that one way or another. I figure if I couple this package with the powerscore bibles then I'll be good to go.

But my concern is this: Doing this method will basically ruin the first 40 prep tests for me - but as long as I'm drilling hard on the grouping books then it shouldn't be a problem, right? After all, I'll still have 25 prep tests to work with (#41-65)

I think the drilling method would be a much more efficient use of my time but I'm not completely sure. It's basically a trade-off between lots and lots of drilling questions or the opportunity to work on 40 extra prep tests.

If anyone wants to weigh in on the matter, I'd appreciate it.

Easy-E

Re: Cambridge Ultimate Prep Package??

Postby Easy-E » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:18 am

rocknugg89 wrote:Hey has anyone used the Cambridge Ultimate Prep Package? --LinkRemoved--

I was going to just look around for the kaplan mastery practice book and drill with that but this package seems pretty legit. I was going to buy these prep tests anyway so I might as well get it all together. The $250 price tag is throwing me but I guess I'll be paying that one way or another. I figure if I couple this package with the powerscore bibles then I'll be good to go.

But my concern is this: Doing this method will basically ruin the first 40 prep tests for me - but as long as I'm drilling hard on the grouping books then it shouldn't be a problem, right? After all, I'll still have 25 prep tests to work with (#41-65)

I think the drilling method would be a much more efficient use of my time but I'm not completely sure. It's basically a trade-off between lots and lots of drilling questions or the opportunity to work on 40 extra prep tests.

If anyone wants to weigh in on the matter, I'd appreciate it.

My opinion is you don't want to just do everything as full tests. Use those older sections for drills and timed individual sections. You need to learn the material before you jump into full tests. Reserve the newest 10-15 tests (or more or less, that's just my range) for full PTs. I would check out pithypike's Study Guide sticky.

pizzabrosauce

Re: Cambridge Ultimate Prep Package??

Postby pizzabrosauce » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 am

A lot of the tests 1-40 are "ruined" anyways simply because Powerscore/Manhattan etc use real questions. That shouldn't stop one from using these resources, as they are far more useful than 40 more untouched tests. I personally like the way Cambridge broke things up since it gives me 25 of the most modern tests, and having less forces me to only use them when I've made genuine improvement.

Best of luck

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”