Retake Prep: Need Advice

jtjrd10

Retake Prep: Need Advice

Postby jtjrd10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:26 pm

So, I have decided to re-take the LSAT in June. I scored a 159 on my first attempt in February, but was 163 for most practice tests. What is the best way to start re-prepping? Should I just take preptests from the past, even if I have already taken most? Thanks for the advice!

Mr. Pancakes

Re: Retake Prep: Need Advice

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:17 pm

jtjrd10 wrote:So, I have decided to re-take the LSAT in June. I scored a 159 on my first attempt in February, but was 163 for most practice tests. What is the best way to start re-prepping? Should I just take preptests from the past, even if I have already taken most? Thanks for the advice!

well, you should have started a long time ago.

I would start by doing a section at a time as slow as you can until you get all of them right.

What area gives you the biggest problems? How did you study last time?

dkb17xzx

Re: Retake Prep: Need Advice

Postby dkb17xzx » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm in the same position - I got a 166 on the October test and am retaking again in June. Forget preptests - the best way for you to prepare this time around is to focus on your weaknesses. If you know a particular type or LR question or LG gives you trouble, try and do as many questions as you can. Shoot for accuracy and then speed.

If you need to learn the fundamentals, I suggest going through the PS bibles; if you looking for something a little more advanced, go for Manhattan LSAT.

Set up a schedule whereby you are covering at least one section in detail every day. For LR and LG, you can break these off by the types of questions. Furthermore, try to do something for each section everyday. So suppose today is LR day - you focus over 50-60% of your prep time on that. If you have the time, try doing a few timed/untimed RC passages and games. 2-3 will be sufficient (I usually do a timed section for each) - takes me a little over an hour.

Also, I am not sure what your goals are or your commitment for the June test, but you have 73 days remaining. If you are shooting for a really high score or don't have a lot of time to study, I would suggest taking the test in October.

HTH

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”