LSAT expiring before the term you matriculate/5+ years

sparrow

LSAT expiring before the term you matriculate/5+ years

Postby sparrow » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:37 am

Hello,

I have an LSAT score from Sept 2007. If I apply for spring admission 2013 while it is still 2012, will the score be considered invalid since the term I will be starting law school will be more than five years past Sept 2007?

Does anyone know any law schools that accept a score older than five years?

I realize that the materials that the LSAC sends out won't show the scores older than five years once they've expired, but what if you apply just before it is five years old?

I further realize that this answer could vary by school, but I am wondering if any of you can provide input.

Thanks.

bp shinners

Re: LSAT expiring before the term you matriculate/5+ years

Postby bp shinners » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:54 am

It won't vary school by school, as it's a policy of the reporting agency. No school will accept a score older than 5 years (that I'm aware of - if there is, I'd probably recommend not applying there, as that's a bit sketchy).

I think you'll be good on the 5 years if you apply with a 2007 score in 2012, but you might want to call up LSAC to clarify. I'm not 100% on this answer.

What will vary school by school, though, is whether they will ask you to retake the exam. Some schools request a score that's more recent - within the last 3 years.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”