LSAT iPhone Apps

Jeffort

Re: LSAT iPhone Apps

Postby Jeffort » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:03 pm

LexLeon wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:I didnt find any worth it. Your time is best spent on real prep materials, whether it be bundles of LR questions/RC passages/Logic games.

+1

+989783457346587

Trying to prep for the LSAT on an iPhone or iPad is a giant waste of time. It may also lead to needing to see an eye doctor due to symptoms caused by trying to read the questions on the small screen, including eye strain and headaches. It may also lead to car accidents from prepping while driving, anger when bill comes in the mail for bandwidth usage, loss of friends because you are not texting or talking to them when out and about, etc.

A) Appeals to propositions, that are tangential and themselves unsupported, in an attempt to bolster its conclusion.

Using an iPhone app certainly won't help you get in shape for performing well on test day under officially proctored conditions.

B) Expresses an unwarranted amount of certainty in its conclusion.

Nice try Lex, I laughed!

iPhones are great for fun, communication, and spending a bunch of $$ every month, but not for LSAT prep.

The main reason is simple:

If you keep the font size of questions the same on the screen as they are on paper, you cannot fit a full LR question on the iPhone 1.9inch X 2.76inch screen, not even the entire stimulus w/o the stem and answer choices since an LR stimulus is ~3 inches wide as are the answer choices.

For anyone considering prepping with an iPhone, sure, go ahead, shrink down the font size, grab a magnifying glass or keep scrolling up, down, sideways and drill away. Sounds like a great way to get ready for test day! lol

gobosox

Re: LSAT iPhone Apps

Postby gobosox » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Jeffort wrote:Nice try Lex, I laughed!

iPhones are great for fun, communication, and spending a bunch of $$ every month, but not for LSAT prep.

The main reason is simple:

If you keep the font size of questions the same on the screen as they are on paper, you cannot fit a full LR question on the iPhone 1.9inch X 2.76inch screen, not even the entire stimulus w/o the stem and answer choices since an LR stimulus is ~3 inches wide as are the answer choices.

For anyone considering prepping with an iPhone, sure, go ahead, shrink down the font size, grab a magnifying glass or keep scrolling up, down, sideways and drill away. Sounds like a great way to get ready for test day! lol
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:03 pm

LSutton721
  Post subject:  Re: LSAT iPhone Apps

Haha, I don't think anyone would use it primarily to study (well, at least I thought, before this thread) but it seems to be something you could do vice words with friends when you don't HAVE books on you. Obviously anyone exclusively using the iPhone to study will be setting themselves up for failure, IMO.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”