December 2012 or bust

willwash

December 2012 or bust

Postby willwash » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:34 am

Greetings all from the USS ENTERPRISE. I decided to postpone from my original test date of February 2012 until after deployment. My LSAT prep was cutting too deep into my family time (right before leaving) and I figured I'd be able to do plenty of studying on the boat. I think my decision to postpone was a smart one.

I just started fooling around with the LSAT again after an extended layoff (since late December). Just some LG drills. id the LG from PTs 40 and 41 and got -4 on both. I'm actually pretty happy with that, since even in my peak of LSAT shape I only got about -2 on LG. Shouldn't take too long to knock all the rust off.

willwash

Re: December 2012 or bust

Postby willwash » Thu May 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Hey all,

Greetings from Bahrain! ENTERPRISE is in port and I am drinking! I've been really diligent with my LSAT prep, and now I've got two of my buddies in the squadron interested in the JAG transition too...we're working the LSATS together.

So I restarted my LSAT prep about a month into cruise with SuperPrep A. I tanked like I never knew I was still capable of tanking and got a 164 (with an abysmal -7 on the LG). I realized just how perishable the skill of taking the LSAT is and resumed my intense preparation.

The results were promising. Being on deployment with no distractions of the domestic type (and lots of down time from work) has been a dream come true for LSAT prep purposes. After weeks of nightly drills, I took PT 8 and scored a 174, tying my two-time personal best. I followed this up a week later with a 177 on PT 9, and then another 2 to 3 weeks later with the holy grail: a 180 on preptest 11 (missed 2 questions, one LR and one LG). My God, if that could only have been the real test!

I tried really hard not to let these results go to my head, but needless to say I kind of figured I had it all figured out and stopped studying...then just recently I decided I had to keep my skills sharp (deployment doesn't end until the fall and I'm not taking the LSAT until December or maybe October if I get lucky) and took PT 38 and scored a 173...I knew it had to come down at some point, but I'd definitely still be happy with that score on test day.

Problem is, the only PrepTests I've literally never ever snuck a peek at in my life are SuperPrep C and PT 65 (I've extracted all the LGs from the others). I will also have PT 66 at my disposal by the time I take the test. That's only 2 dead fresh, recent PTs I'll have to diagnose my progress at the end of deployment. Still hoping all goes well.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”