Bad PT

Bad PT

Postby alink09 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:43 pm

This may be somewhat of a rant, so I apologize in advance!

I've been studying for the LSAT for about a month and a half now and I feel like I've made a significant improvement and I'm all around just really understanding things better and taking my time to see why I get questions wrong when I do. I haven't been studying as much in the past 2 weeks as normal, because I got a nasty case of strep, bronchitis, and a sinus infection, but I still went to my LSAT classes, did most of my homework, and went through the Manhattan Logic book over break.

So, after spending a few hours finally figuring out In/Out games this morning I was really excited to take my second PT today and see my improvement. Well, instead the highway was closed to one lane so I got to my test over a half hour late and had to skip the first section and jump right in on the next. Halfway through, I realized I was taking the wrong PT. Then my stomach just started growling incessantly for the rest of the test. So, I feel like I wasn't in the right frame of mind to take the test, but I'm still upset because I feel like I took steps backwards today. I scored one LR section and went -11, which is more than I've ever gotten wrong, even on my diagnostic. Then, I didn't finish RC (did on my diagnostic). I stayed after the test to finish the first section I missed (LG) and I was having trouble doing a regular ordering game. Needless to say, I'm hoping that it was just a bad day for me, but I'm extremely frustrated that I've been working so hard and now I'm doing worse than ever. I'm considering taking my test in September rather than June at this point.

Sorry for the rant, I just tried to explain to my mom and boyfriend, but neither understood why I was so upset over a practice test, and I knew you guys would.

Geetar Man

Re: Bad PT

Postby Geetar Man » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Chill out bro. You have plenty of time. Make sure you are getting almost everything right untimed before you start doing timed tests.

Second, there is no September test this year; its in October. This works in your favor.

Good luck!

Re: Bad PT

Postby iowalum » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:54 pm

EVERYONE has at least one bad PT. Don't worry about it and don't let it effect your next PT. Taking in June is still usually a good idea (especially if you have some prep time). You'll probably do fine next time - look at your overall average instead of any one on its own.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”