Prep 44.4.10 Point of disagreement Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lovejopd

Silver

Prep 44.4.10 Point of disagreement

Post by lovejopd » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Hello,

Can anyone explain what it means by the sentence in Council Member Q: "Principle: actions tend to follow the 'the path of least resistance'" so it is easier to pollute? I believe the sentence explains the people's general disposition/behavior. What does "the path of least resistance" have to do with "polluting"?... I cannot wrap my head around it...:oops:

lovejopd

Silver

Re: Prep 44.4.10 Point of disagreement

Post by lovejopd » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:34 am

I already checked this one

cfrob14

New

Post by cfrob14 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:53 am

Ok. You might be making the question harder than it is... maybe burn out? Whenever you get stuck on a question, especially if it's before #18, come back to it after you've taken a break.

P is saying that people generally do not pollute.

Q is trying to rationalize the argument of the alarmists by citing a supposedly well known principle. From this he concludes that it is easier for people to pollute.

Your job is to figure out what P & Q disagree on. Clearly, they disagree on whether or not people are generally disposed to polluting.

You might be having a hard time trying to understand Q's argument because it's fucking horrible. Don't get caught up on the ancillary details for these types of questions. Just find what both speakers reference-usually explicitly- and then see where they disagree.

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:09 am

cfrob14 wrote:Ok. You might be making the question harder than it is... maybe burn out? Whenever you get stuck on a question, especially if it's before #18, come back to it after you've taken a break.

P is saying that people generally do not pollute.

Q is trying to rationalize the argument of the alarmists by citing a supposedly well known principle. From this he concludes that it is easier for people to pollute.

Your job is to figure out what P & Q disagree on. Clearly, they disagree on whether or not people are generally disposed to polluting.

You might be having a hard time trying to understand Q's argument because it's fucking horrible. Don't get caught up on the ancillary details for these types of questions. Just find what both speakers reference-usually explicitly- and then see where they disagree.
Thank you so much~
yeah my brain stopped working if the argument is too short/convoluted/ to explain what they are trying to argue in LR...That's why I don't like LR :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”