June test harder/more brutal curve than other LSATs?

Helicio

June test harder/more brutal curve than other LSATs?

Postby Helicio » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:46 pm

I've heard this from various sources and was wondering if it is true.

Thanks!

pizzabrosauce

Re: June test harder/more brutal curve than other LSATs?

Postby pizzabrosauce » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:56 pm

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/ea ... -june.html

June seems to be have the tightest curves, December the looser curves.

As a person who does better on easier (more tightly curved) tests, I'm stoked for June

LSATsmasher

Postby LSATsmasher » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:45 pm

You guys should just check out LSAC. The curve is based on all tests for the year not the people you're with at the time you take the test.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:01 pm

LSATsmasher wrote:You guys should just check out LSAC. The curve is based on all tests for the year not the people you're with at the time you take the test.

Even if this is true, doesn't it still provide evidence that historically speaking the June LSATs have been "easier," meaning more people have gotten higher raw scores on them than in other months?

However, we could be confusing correlation with causation. Hypothetically, every LSAT could be equally difficult, but other factors make testakers who generally sign up for June either naturally smarter or more well prepared. If this was the case, individual raw scores may not vary at depending on which month one takes it, making it beneficial to take the LSAT a different month with a looser curve.

LSATsmasher

Postby LSATsmasher » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:21 pm

I also like to argue. The question was about a harder test/more brutal curve. The answer is the curve is an average of all tests for the year. As for the difficulty of the test, I have no idea. How many people do you know that took all 4?

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
LSATsmasher wrote:You guys should just check out LSAC. The curve is based on all tests for the year not the people you're with at the time you take the test.

Even if this is true.

it is true.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”