"Mixing" study materials??

d0rklord

"Mixing" study materials??

Postby d0rklord » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:25 pm

What are your thoughts on "mixing" study materials... Like... Using the Manhattan LSAT LR book coupled with the Powersore LR Bible?

Do you think it would help you master the skills better? Or would it just confuse you because they probably teach different techniques?

I really enjoy the Manhattan guide, but everyone keeps telling me the PS LR Bible is a must...

Happy studying!

pizzabrosauce

Re: "Mixing" study materials??

Postby pizzabrosauce » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:17 pm

d0rklord wrote:What are your thoughts on "mixing" study materials... Like... Using the Manhattan LSAT LR book coupled with the Powersore LR Bible?

Do you think it would help you master the skills better? Or would it just confuse you because they probably teach different techniques?

I really enjoy the Manhattan guide, but everyone keeps telling me the PS LR Bible is a must...

Happy studying!

Mixing is the best (unless you are pressed for time)!

It forces you to evaluate what works best, and also helps you discover areas you weren't as solid in as you originally thought. If you are confused, its probably b/c you could use more work in that area. Best of luck!

proxy

Postby proxy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:42 pm

pizzabrosauce wrote:
d0rklord wrote:What are your thoughts on "mixing" study materials... Like... Using the Manhattan LSAT LR book coupled with the Powersore LR Bible?

Happy studying!

Mixing is the best (unless you are pressed for time)!

It forces you to evaluate what works best, and also helps you discover areas you weren't as solid in as you originally thought. If you are confused, its probably b/c you could use more work in that area. Best of luck!

Agreed. I'm currently employing this method. I go a chapter in LR Bible, do some practice problems, then go over the equivalent chapter in Manhattan ( or vice versa) and it reinforces what I've learned. Then I do a ton of practice before moving on to the next chapter pair.

d0rklord

Postby d0rklord » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks! I'll do this then :)

Although I only plan to do this with LR...

I heard the RC Bible is useless and i'm pretty solid in LG... -0 to -2 tops usually :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”