UTampa Feb LSAT Takers Must Retake Due To Lost Answer Sheets Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LSAT Blog

Silver

UTampa Feb LSAT Takers Must Retake Due To Lost Answer Sheets

Post by LSAT Blog » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:18 pm

WTSP (Tampa Bay's News Leader) just reported that the Feb LSAT answer sheets were lost for "54 perspective law students" (sic) at the University of Tampa. There's even a video.
[W]hen Cohen went online to check his scores he got an e-mail that he thought was a joke. It was from Admissions saying:

"As of this date, the answer sheets and test-related documents from that test center have not arrived at the Law School Admission Council. We have declared the answer sheets to be lost. To protect the integrity of the scores, we will not score these answer sheets even if they are found."

For the past three years, UT has administered the LSAT three times a year. In this case, once the exam was over the test administrator Janis Law followed the precise instructions prescribed by the LSAT and shipped back the test booklets with the questions in one packet and the answers in another package and sent via UPS. A couple of days later, she got a call informing her the booklets had arrived but the answers never made it.
Looks like those claiming this in the waiting thread weren't trolling, after all.

Ronburgandy2468

New

Re: UTampa Feb LSAT Takers Must Retake Due To Lost Answer Sheets

Post by Ronburgandy2468 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Thank you for this post LSAT Blog.
I thought it was trolling as well, but I guess LSAC really LOLFAILED.
or UPS or that admin lady did (she's pretty sketchy).
Whatever the case, sympathies for the UTampa test takers.

d0rklord

Bronze

Post by d0rklord » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:27 pm

I think i would throw up...

I'm actually a bit nauseous just thinking about it.

Poor LSATers :(

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Damn, that sucks. My sympathies go out for the 54 people affected.

I wouldn't blame LSAC for this. It had to have been the proctor screwing up by not putting the shipping form on/in the envelope properly (or not even getting it to UPS!) or a UPS failure. There being no record of a tracking number in the system exonerates LSAC (not the proctor).

UPS drivers have a hand held scanning device they use to scan the label of each pick-up item once it is in their hands before they drive away with it, then the tracking number automatically goes into the system immediately via wireless communication.

Even when you drop an envelope off into a UPS bin or at a mail drop place, the UPS driver that picks them up is supposed to scan each one before driving away to the next stop.

I say that either the UPS driver messed up and failed to scan and/or lost the envelope or that the proctor failed to put the shipping sheet with the bar code on the envelope/messed it up somehow or just failed to get it into the hands of UPS. It has to be one of those scenarios, UPS driver failure or proctor failure.

I'm glad LSAC is being understanding and giving a fast re-take for all involved while they're still hopefully in LSAT mode and are going to expedite scoring the tests and reporting the scores for people that go with that option.
Last edited by Jeffort on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Jeffort wrote:Damn, that sucks. My sympathies go out for the 54 people affected.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”