What's your study schedule? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Platinum

What's your study schedule?

Post by 03152016 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:48 am

Last edited by 03152016 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PolarBear

New

Re: What's your study schedule?

Post by PolarBear » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 am

I have just started ramping up my study schedule. I am still in college, and work part-time as well, so my schedule goes something like this:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Get up at 7, commute to work via light rail (provides about 40 minutes of studying). Get off work at 5 or 6 and walk to the local Starbucks. There i'll study until they close at 8:30. Light rail back home (another 40 minutes). If I still have energy, I'll study again after midnight, otherwise i'll sleep or watch a movie. Grand total of 3-4 hours a day.

Tuesday, Thursday: I have classes from 10-5. I'll usually come back to my apartment and study for 2-3 hours on those days.

On weekends I'm usually really busy with random tasks and schoolwork, but will squeeze in some studying if I can.

fashiongirl

Bronze

Post by fashiongirl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 am

This is what I used for 4 months before the Dec 2011 LSAT and what I will be using again for June. I work full-time.

Mon-Fri:
Up at 6, at work by 7.
Study at work when I can.
Gym at lunch.
Off at 4.
Study 6-10pm.

Sat & Sun:
Study 6-8 hours with breaks depending on if I have anything going on.

It was rough when I took an LSAT class and had to be at class after work for so long. I prefer self-studying. I usually drill and refresh my memory on LR/RC/LG during the week and then PT and review on weekends in addition to more drilling. When I'm down to a month left, I add timed sections into my review and work on my timing with every RC and LG passage. Also at that time it's good to build endurance... so I try to do 5 sections without a break for my PTs.

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

I work full time so I've been on a five month schedule because I don't have the time to do 10 hours of prep a day. This is what I've been doing. I'm up at 7.45 and at work by 9.00. I try to squeeze in an hour at lunch and another hour at some point in the afternoon when things slow down a bit. I leave work at 5.30 and I'm home by 6. I try to do anything that I need to get done between 6 and 7. Then I study for 2.5 - 3 hours. I do this during the week. At the weekends I'll do 5-6 hours. I try not to study at night at the weekend but if I do I'll make sure to at least leave the house in the day. I'm trying to maintain some kind of social life so I don't get burned out.

doclover

New

Post by doclover » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:44 pm

fashiongirl wrote:This is what I used for 4 months before the Dec 2011 LSAT and what I will be using again for June. I work full-time.

Mon-Fri:
Up at 6, at work by 7.
Gym at lunch.
Off at 4.
Study 6-10pm.

Sat & Sun:

It was rough when I took an LSAT class and had to be at class after work for so long. I prefer self-studying. I usually drill and refresh my memory on LR/RC/LG during the week and then PT and review on weekends in addition to more drilling. When I'm down to a month left, I add timed sections into my review and work on my timing with every RC and LG passage. Also at that time it's good to build endurance... so I try to do 5 sections without a break for my PTs.
You guys are rockstars...

I work full time so I am doing ~2 hrs of study a day (for 15 hrs/week) in preparation for the October '12 test. I'll probably ramp it up a bit after June (to 20 hrs/week). That's my plan, anyways. It's hard enough to get two hours in sometimes on week nights...

Oh, and to answer OP Q: I study mainly at home in my office. Can't study at work or I'd probably get the boot (notice that I am browsing TLS at work, though... :? )

fashiongirl

Bronze

Post by fashiongirl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm

doclover wrote:
fashiongirl wrote:This is what I used for 4 months before the Dec 2011 LSAT and what I will be using again for June. I work full-time.

Mon-Fri:
Up at 6, at work by 7.
Gym at lunch.
Off at 4.
Study 6-10pm.

Sat & Sun:

You guys are rockstars...

I work full time so I am doing ~2 hrs of study a day (for 15 hrs/week) in preparation for the October '12 test. I'll probably ramp it up a bit after June (to 20 hrs/week). That's my plan, anyways. It's hard enough to get two hours in sometimes on week nights...

Oh, and to answer OP Q: I study mainly at home in my office. Can't study at work or I'd probably get the boot (notice that I am browsing TLS at work, though... :? )
It's easy since I don't have kids and my job is low-key (on the comp all day, no micro-managing). But it CAN be done!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”