RC Inference HELP Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LoveLife89

Bronze

RC Inference HELP

Post by LoveLife89 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:58 am

I have been studying for the LSAT for some time, but I am struggling with RC. More specifically, with inference questions. I don't know how I should be attacking these questions. Is there any method that is effective? Or maybe some of you have different ideas and I could try to see if it will work for me. I am taking the June LSAT, so it is imperative that I learn an effective method, immediately!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sloth Hero

Bronze

Re: RC Inference HELP

Post by Sloth Hero » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:33 am

'Inference' is a technical term. I read it as 'must* be true'

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:45 am

LoveLife89 wrote:I have been studying for the LSAT for some time, but I am struggling with RC. More specifically, with inference questions. I don't know how I should be attacking these questions. Is there any method that is effective? Or maybe some of you have different ideas and I could try to see if it will work for me. I am taking the June LSAT, so it is imperative that I learn an effective method, immediately!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I suppose most RC questions can be thought of as some kind of "inference" question; it's all about you can ascertain from the passage, and from that passage only. Try pre-phrasing your answers, as in, try to formulate an answer for the question BEFORE even looking at the answer choices. This is a tip from Velocity and I love it: try covering the answers with a post-it and writing your response on it, then go back and find the answer that matches yours. It's not the fastest method at first, but speed isn't your goal at this point, and it will come naturally with practice. Eventually, you should read a question and quickly know what the answer should tell you.

HTH.

LoveLife89

Bronze

Post by LoveLife89 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Thanks a lot! That's actually a great method. I used to do that for LR until I was able to master the questions without that technique. But, I've never thought to do that with RC. I will definitely do that for the next few days and will post back to let you know!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”