When should I take my next Prep Test?

bchirco

When should I take my next Prep Test?

Postby bchirco » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Hey all,

I recently took my first diagnostic prep test for June and did horrible (158). I had studied for the lsat a year ago and was getting 168's on my practices but for one reason or another I decided not to take the test.

I'm studying using Exam Krackers RC, and the Power Score bibles (LR,LG). I had planned to take a test every Saturday and Sunday from here on out excluding today (I'm hoping to get at least 20 prep tests in). Now my question is, should I finish these study guides first before doing another prep test? It seems to make sense to me because you wouldn't run a 100 mile marathon without first exercising, training, and getting into shape. Or should I just keep doing the prep tests and monitor my progress??

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Alan

Re: When should I take my next Prep Test?

Postby Alan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:42 pm

bchirco wrote:Hey all,

I recently took my first diagnostic prep test for June and did horrible (158). I had studied for the lsat a year ago and was getting 168's on my practices but for one reason or another I decided not to take the test.

I'm studying using Exam Krackers RC, and the Power Score bibles (LR,LG). I had planned to take a test every Saturday and Sunday from here on out excluding today (I'm hoping to get at least 20 prep tests in). Now my question is, should I finish these study guides first before doing another prep test? It seems to make sense to me because you wouldn't run a 100 mile marathon without first exercising, training, and getting into shape. Or should I just keep doing the prep tests and monitor my progress??

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you were scoring 168 consistantly then you should be able to get the 158 up quickly.... riiiight?!

Just keep PTing. Read those on the side.

941law

Postby 941law » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:42 am

i see no need to limit yourself to 20 pts.

take a pt - review it - repeat until test day. maybe you'll do 15 or maybe 40. Some people on here have done every single PT that lsac sells including the few they don't sell.

ngogirl

Postby ngogirl » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:59 am

I would get the LR bundle preptests 1-38 from Cambridge LSAT, RC preptests 1-40, and LG 1-40 and use those to drill.

Maybe do 1 preptest a week/review for endurance until you have the strategies/methodologies down. Then start taking preptests with review.

I would use Manhattan for LR and RC and PowerScore for LG.

Good luck!!

bchirco

Postby bchirco » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Awesome feed back. Thank you guys! I think I might take a pt every week for endurance and then gradually increase them once I finish the books.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”