There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby 20130312 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:33 pm

HeavenWood wrote:Shoofly or bust, mothafuckaz.


NEW FAVORITE POASTER

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby Drake014 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Drake014 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
LexLeon wrote:(Except the 180.) I want to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter.

No.


Please stay on topic. We're discussing pies.

Shoofly or bust, mothafuckaz.
Image



i don't like Shoe Flies.

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
moneybagsphd
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby moneybagsphd » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Crack pie. Doesn't look like much, but it lives up to the name.
Image

User avatar
180asBreath
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby 180asBreath » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Sorry to derail the culinary treats, but I'd just like to say that I feel students should reject the notion of an LSAT 'ceiling'. Even if there is such a thing, there is no way of knowing what one's is. I remember feeling choked up the first time I broke into the 170's on a PT (-9 for a 173); I had limited myself, thinking I was incapable of achieving such a high score.

Just ignore all limitations and go after this mother of a test like a rabid dog.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby 20130312 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:42 am

180asBreath wrote:Sorry to derail the culinary treats, but I'd just like to say that I feel students should reject the notion of an LSAT 'ceiling'. Even if there is such a thing, there is no way of knowing what one's is. I remember feeling choked up the first time I broke into the 170's on a PT (-9 for a 173); I had limited myself, thinking I was incapable of achieving such a high score.

Just ignore all limitations and go after this mother of a test like a rabid dog.


You got choked up over scoring well on a practice standardized test?

noggo10
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:23 am

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby noggo10 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:16 am

I don't think there's necessarily a ceiling as long as you're willing to put in enough time. I went from a 157 diag to a 173 on test day. But, on the other hand games were the section I initially struggled with the most so I had a lot of room for improvement there. If I had another 7 months to prep would I have gotten a 180....probably not because I had run out of test prep materials. But, I do think that most people in undergrad/w/a degree can get to a 170 if they're willing to put in the time.

User avatar
180asBreath
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby 180asBreath » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:29 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
180asBreath wrote:Sorry to derail the culinary treats, but I'd just like to say that I feel students should reject the notion of an LSAT 'ceiling'. Even if there is such a thing, there is no way of knowing what one's is. I remember feeling choked up the first time I broke into the 170's on a PT (-9 for a 173); I had limited myself, thinking I was incapable of achieving such a high score.

Just ignore all limitations and go after this mother of a test like a rabid dog.


You got choked up over scoring well on a practice standardized test?


I could see the uninitiated asking this question, but it seems a bit disingenuous coming from a TLS'er.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby 20130312 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:06 am

180asBreath wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
180asBreath wrote:Sorry to derail the culinary treats, but I'd just like to say that I feel students should reject the notion of an LSAT 'ceiling'. Even if there is such a thing, there is no way of knowing what one's is. I remember feeling choked up the first time I broke into the 170's on a PT (-9 for a 173); I had limited myself, thinking I was incapable of achieving such a high score.

Just ignore all limitations and go after this mother of a test like a rabid dog.


You got choked up over scoring well on a practice standardized test?


I could see the uninitiated asking this question, but it seems a bit disingenuous coming from a TLS'er.


That's taking the burgers to a whole new level.

User avatar
BuckinghamB
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby BuckinghamB » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:06 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
180asBreath wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
180asBreath wrote:Sorry to derail the culinary treats, but I'd just like to say that I feel students should reject the notion of an LSAT 'ceiling'. Even if there is such a thing, there is no way of knowing what one's is. I remember feeling choked up the first time I broke into the 170's on a PT (-9 for a 173); I had limited myself, thinking I was incapable of achieving such a high score.

Just ignore all limitations and go after this mother of a test like a rabid dog.


You got choked up over scoring well on a practice standardized test?


I could see the uninitiated asking this question, but it seems a bit disingenuous coming from a TLS'er.


That's taking the burgers to a whole new level.


+1

why hasnt anyone mentioned key lime yet?

User avatar
foosbol21
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby foosbol21 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Can someone help me with a very important question:

WTF is the difference between sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie? They're identical:

Image

Image

Hope the pictures worked...

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby Drake014 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:33 pm

foosbol21 wrote:Can someone help me with a very important question:

WTF is the difference between sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie? They're identical:

Hope the pictures worked...


I asked someone whose favorite pie was pumpkin. Their explanation was so unhelpful I can't even remember it.

I therefore conclude they're the same fucking thing. HTH.

User avatar
foosbol21
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby foosbol21 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Drake014 wrote:
foosbol21 wrote:Can someone help me with a very important question:

WTF is the difference between sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie? They're identical:

Hope the pictures worked...


I asked someone whose favorite pie was pumpkin. Their explanation was so unhelpful I can't even remember it.

I therefore conclude they're the same fucking thing. HTH.


Thanks for the confirmation. I always thought this was a pie company conspiracy to get us to buy two of the same pies and think we're getting variety.

Also, didn't mean for my post to sound so literal. Just expressing my frustration with the current pie categorization system we have going on. Good to know I'm not the only one getting worked up over it though.

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby Drake014 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:19 pm

foosbol21 wrote:
Drake014 wrote:
foosbol21 wrote:Can someone help me with a very important question:

WTF is the difference between sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie? They're identical:

Hope the pictures worked...


I asked someone whose favorite pie was pumpkin. Their explanation was so unhelpful I can't even remember it.

I therefore conclude they're the same fucking thing. HTH.


Thanks for the confirmation. I always thought this was a pie company conspiracy to get us to buy two of the same pies and think we're getting variety.

Also, didn't mean for my post to sound so literal. Just expressing my frustration with the current pie categorization system we have going on. Good to know I'm not the only one getting worked up over it though.


I have long suspected similar types of conspiracies. For instance, I've long suspected that Michael Bluth and Nathan Fillion were the same guy but made into separate people for nefarious Hollywood purposes.

Image

Image

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: There is no LSAT 'ceiling'

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:21 pm

This isn't the lounge. You don't get to treat it like the lounge.

OP, feel free to restart the thread.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests