144 Diagnostic Today

LSATsmasher

Re: 144 Diagnostic Today

Postby LSATsmasher » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:05 pm

So uh....now that you've all bashed Kaplan, does anyone have experience with Blueprint other than the one previous post? I'm starting a course on the 18th and planning for the June test.

ktenasni

Postby ktenasni » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:46 pm

I used Kaplan and raised my score 18 points from my diagnostic. I found that the tools they give you online were very helpful.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:55 pm

LSATsmasher wrote:So uh....now that you've all bashed Kaplan, does anyone have experience with Blueprint other than the one previous post? I'm starting a course on the 18th and planning for the June test.

Blueprint is better than Kaplan, by far. As most of us have said, though, self-study is the way to go for most people.

Have you looked into a Powerscore course?

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:10 pm

LSATsmasher wrote:So uh....now that you've all bashed Kaplan, does anyone have experience with Blueprint other than the one previous post? I'm starting a course on the 18th and planning for the June test.

Blueprint is great. If you want to take a class, they are among the best out there. From other users, I gather that powerscore, manhattan, and velocity are all pretty well-respected. It's mostly Kapland and Princeton Review that TLSers shit on.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:30 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:

Blueprint is great. If you want to take a class, they are among the best out there. From other users, I gather that powerscore, manhattan, and velocity are all pretty well-respected. It's mostly Kapland and Princeton Review that TLSers shit on.

For good reasons. I shit all over Kaplan because I took the course for a while before I realized I was being shit on.

*edit: Ill never stop shitting on them because I didn't get a refund and I had been only 2 weeks into the course after I decided it wasn't for me. They can't even imagine the amount of business I'm going to steer away from them for shitting on me. And yes, I do believe it is their policy to not give a refund after X amount of days, but I still think its fucked up.

LSATsmasher

Postby LSATsmasher » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:12 am

I'm taking the class because after talking with a few people they said it would be good. I don't like the $$$ I had to spend but whatever. I know my study habits so just buying the books from LSAC and the bibles wouldn't benefit me all that much. Thanks for the responses! ktenasni, what was your initial diagnostic?

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:54 pm

LSATsmasher wrote:I'm taking the class because after talking with a few people they said it would be good. I don't like the $$$ I had to spend but whatever. I know my study habits so just buying the books from LSAC and the bibles wouldn't benefit me all that much. Thanks for the responses! ktenasni, what was your initial diagnostic?

Dude, I'll back your decision with taking a BluePrint course. Theres a user on here by the name of BP Shinners, who works for BP and is very knowledgeable about the LSAT. With that being said, BP course smokes Kaplan is most aspects.

ETA: The only aspect I can think of that they don't smoke them is with the number of in-person Kaplan offices that Kaplan has. Even then, Kaplan sucks.

d0rklord

Postby d0rklord » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:21 am

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:Hahahaha...I started off at a 149. Took the LSAT three times.

166/166/172.

Don't be discouraged. Work hard and you will see results!!

How long did it take you to go from the 149 to 172? A full year?

Thx :)

LSATsmasher

Postby LSATsmasher » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:45 am

Geetar Man wrote:
LSATsmasher wrote:I'm taking the class because after talking with a few people they said it would be good. I don't like the $$$ I had to spend but whatever. I know my study habits so just buying the books from LSAC and the bibles wouldn't benefit me all that much. Thanks for the responses! ktenasni, what was your initial diagnostic?

Dude, I'll back your decision with taking a BluePrint course. Theres a user on here by the name of BP Shinners, who works for BP and is very knowledgeable about the LSAT. With that being said, BP course smokes Kaplan is most aspects.

ETA: The only aspect I can think of that they don't smoke them is with the number of in-person Kaplan offices that Kaplan has. Even then, Kaplan sucks.

I have a Kaplan and BP right across the street from Each other here in Berkeley and I live close enough to both to walk. As for BP Shinners, I'm a little skeptical. Or jealous.....c'mon! Answering questions without reading the passage? Well, I hope BP Shinners is my instructor. They obviously know the LSAT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”