LGs to focus on Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
glucose101

Bronze

LGs to focus on

Post by glucose101 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Sorry if this has been posted a million times, but which PTs should I focus on for LG? The 40s? I know the older ones are a little more arbitrary, as opposed to the standardization of recent LG sections. Thanks everyone!

lovejopd

Silver

Re: LGs to focus on

Post by lovejopd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:50 pm

I would really try to solve every Game at least 1-2 times. We need to be somewhat flexible in order to overcome any possible curve ball on the LSAT...I heard that a lot of people make a 3 copies of games and redo 3 times. :!:

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Well, I've already done that (pithypike's method--well, I've done it more, lol). I'm redoing games one last time, but I just want to know which ones to focus on.

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:06 pm

glucose101 wrote:Well, I've already done that (pithypike's method--well, I've done it more, lol). I'm redoing games one last time, but I just want to know which ones to focus on.
Wow, I guess you already mastered Game section! Do you need more skills you need to master?...
You could redo game with a different game prep book (Manhattan etc) to pick up a better approach.

For me, it does not look like a really beneficial thing to focus on specific preps. I would drill more questions types, which are your weakness. I guess other savvy LSAT takers(not Me lol) will help you more :mrgreen:

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:08 pm

I used PS the first summer I started games. Then Manhattan the next. And now I'm looking @ Velocity's. I want to redo the modern games bc I like Velocity's method best, and want to apply them. [I can do them using the others, but I really like Velocity's more, so I want to be as comfortable with it as possible]

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:16 pm

glucose101 wrote:I used PS the first summer I started games. Then Manhattan the next. And now I'm looking @ Velocity's. I want to redo the modern games bc I like Velocity's method best, and want to apply them. [I can do them using the others, but I really like Velocity's more, so I want to be as comfortable with it as possible]
Yeah, I am doing Velocity too! I love the certain order of questions we need to attack and using 'previous works'. That being said, there are some set-ups that I don't feel comfortable to use. As you are already familiar with basic cores, it is good to see which methods save you more time...

Wish you the best :D

pizzabrosauce

New

Post by pizzabrosauce » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:24 pm

In my opinion, there's 2 main goals of drilling:
1. Getting fast at easy games (ex: basic linear)
2. Getting flexible at hard games (ex: grouping)

50's and 60's: are most modern and closest to what you'll see, do these often
40-50: are standardized, good practice, abit too easy though
20's and 30's: are somewhat harder than modern ones, but still fair-game and reasonable, these are supposedly the best ones to practice
1-20: eh, they more about figuring out what the rules mean, and once you had that figured out, Powerscore diagrams destroyed them. You'd be better off doing the 20's and 30's again and again.

glucose101

Bronze

Post by glucose101 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Thanks pizzabrosauce. Exactly what I was looking for!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”