Blueprint Prep
65%
Testmasters
35%

Total votes: 26

nmjd11

Blueprint Prep or Testmasters?

Postby nmjd11 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:04 am

I know there are a bunch of forums about this topic already but honestly they haven't been really helpful. I'm planning on taking the LSAT in a few months and I'm going to be using the Powerscore bibles but I'd also like to take a prep course. I can't figure out which course to go with so any info would be great!

Re: Blueprint Prep or Testmasters?

Postby 062914123 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:49 am

Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:25 am

nmjd11 wrote:I know there are a bunch of forums about this topic already but honestly they haven't been really helpful.

I'm sure this one will be different!

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Hey nmjd,

If you have any questions about our class (or want to arrange some time to talk with the instructor in your area), just shoot me a pm.

Matt from Blueprint

srfngdd6

Postby srfngdd6 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:22 pm

I thought test masters was awesome went up 20 points

Kurst

Postby Kurst » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:23 pm

suspicious android wrote:
nmjd11 wrote:I know there are a bunch of forums about this topic already but honestly they haven't been really helpful.

:)

nmjd11

Postby nmjd11 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:32 pm

It's replies like these that make some forums completely useless. Thanks for proving my point. :roll:

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:46 pm

IMHO, I would take Blueprint, Manhattan, or anything but Testmasters.

I didn't really like TM at all. You do receive every question ever released in their books, which is legit. But I would look elsewhere if I had to invest that sort of $$ again.

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Blueprint and Manhattan are just Testmatters offshoots/variants right? These classes all teach the same basic methods. Take whichever one is in the more convenient location/is cheaper. I took Blueprint (hey Matt) and it was fine but I took it because it was about a 30 second walk closer to my house than the other two.

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:57 pm

I actually took both. Although I took the Blueprint video course and not the live one. They're very similar in the materials they offer and the way they teach. Blueprint is funnier and more entertaining but with Testmasters it can also be that way depending on what instructor you get.

Both are good companies so you can't really go wrong, in my opinion. So go for the one that's more convenient to go to? AND MAKE SURE YOU DO THE HOMEWORK! Don't be one of the 123908940328 people in my TM class who paid over a thousand dollars for a prep course and barely touched the homework.

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:00 pm

^ Solid advice OP.

A majority of the people who don't do well after taking a course probably didn't do the homework.

Make sure, whichever course you take, that you do the homework and ASK QUESTIONS when you need the help. It's their job to help you!

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:44 pm

nmjd11 wrote:It's replies like these that make some forums completely useless. Thanks for proving my point. :roll:

You had no point, you asked a question that you knew had been asked 500 times and can't be substantively answered except for generalizations and anecdotes. Hope these generalizations and anecdotes seem more valuable since they're in response to your unique snowflake of a question.

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:14 pm

gaud wrote:
A majority of the people who don't do well after taking a course probably didn't do the homework.

Make sure, whichever course you take, that you do the homework and ASK QUESTIONS when you need the help. It's their job to help you!

Yes, this is true. It's been the bane of my existence since I started teaching and tutoring people to help them perform well on the LSAT.

The test is a gatekeeper in many ways that filters out people that would not perform well in law school even before many of them take an officially administered LSAT. People that do not have enough self discipline and motivation to put in the time to do LSAT prep homework wouldn't last more than a few weeks in law school and would be miserable during that time if they make it that far.

You have to enjoy or at least be able to get yourself motivated to do a lot of reading, writing, and studying on a regular basis to get into law school and to work as a lawyer.

Most of the daily work in law school and beyond is reading, writing and shuffling around lots of paperwork almost every day, unlike how a day in the life of a lawyer or law student is typically portrayed and frequently glamorized in TV shows and movies.

nmjd11

Postby nmjd11 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 pm

nmjd11 wrote:It's replies like these that make some forums completely useless. Thanks for proving my point. :roll:

You had no point, you asked a question that you knew had been asked 500 times and can't be substantively answered except for generalizations and anecdotes. Hope these generalizations and anecdotes seem more valuable since they're in response to your unique snowflake of a question.

Some of the forums aren't helpful because just when you think you got a reply that has even a small bit of info related to the question you asked....SURPRISE! it's actually a pointless sarcastic comment.

I asked the question because the questions specifically asking about Blueprint and Testmasters weren't very recent. News flash: Opinions may change overtime. So yes actually the poll and these general answers were quite valuable especially when compared to your sarcastic one. Thanks for your concern.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:27 am

I'd go for the class with an experienced instructor. My Testmasters instructor had taught the class a few times before and was a big reason why I did so well.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”