LSAT Prep courses

tomjennings

LSAT Prep courses

Postby tomjennings » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:26 pm

I am going to ask that question that has been asked a million times and that is entirely subjective: which prep course is the best for scoring high quickly? I hope to take one this summer and then score high enough to be done with the LSAT before next spring. I am typically an independent learner, but I need a structure and an incentive to study for this test - on and off studying is tough to do in the middle of the academic year, and I cannot independently stay focused on this test right now. I do not want to pay for a course with a lousy instructor that cannot stop saying "like" or that assumes we know what he or she does so we cannot communicate or empathize with him or her. What do you recommend?

Addicted to LSAT

Re: LSAT Prep courses

Postby Addicted to LSAT » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:37 am

Last edited by Addicted to LSAT on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:43 am

I think if you search these forums, you'll find Velocity has a sterling reputation. I took it and loved it. I've written my reasons tons of times, but for the long and short, I was like you. I just needed some structure and some good teaching. It got me from a 163 to a 174, and the 174 was a mild under-performance. I didn't test under 170 on my last 20 or so (maybe more?) PT's and had several 179's. Basically, Velocity helped me get to the point where even when I didn't do as well as I wanted I got in the 99th percentile.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=151670

I'm obviously biased, but the link above should give you a ton of reviews on all the major courses.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”