The Oh-How-Did-I-Miss-That-One Syndrome! :/

RodionRaskolnikov

The Oh-How-Did-I-Miss-That-One Syndrome! :/

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:31 am

I took my first LSAT this Feb and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to retake it. I noticed that a lot of high scorers (170+) can tell about how many they got wrong. I have NO idea. Sometimes I think I did well but do poorly and other times I think I did poorly but actually did well. I can never tell about how many I got wrong or which ones gave me trouble because I'll go through the entire section (talking about LR and RC since LG I can tell if I'm struggling) and think I answered them all correctly but then be surprised that I got wrong the ones I thought were surely right. BUT, I'll then reread them quickly and, without remembering the correct answer, will spot the correct answer and have that how-did-I-miss-that-one-the-answer-was-so-obvious moment.... I have this moment for 98% of my wrongly answered questions.

So does anyone have any advice to help me learn how to tell whether I'm truly tripping up on the problem and to somehow see the problem like I see it the second time I read it after the test but during the test??

Crowing

Re: The Oh-How-Did-I-Miss-That-One Syndrome! :/

Postby Crowing » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:40 am

Perhaps other people will have different experiences, but outside of maybe 2-3 questions the rest that I missed were in the middle of sections and were questions that I thought I had right. Significant practice might add clarity though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”