. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FryBreadPower

Silver

Re: Integrating Blueprint Material...

Post by FryBreadPower » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:36 pm

The progression of the material in the BP course and the way the bibles are laid out is actually very similar. I would actually recommend that you try and move through the bibles and the BP outlines at roughly the same pace. Use on or the other as your guide if they don't match up perfectly (i.e. you may have to go out of order Chapter wise with one of your study aids). Start taking PTs before you finish going through all the material (roughly how the course worked). Also make sure that you drill sections before you hit that last "only PTs" section of testing the month before the exam.

Your goal is to build up stamina and that can't be done super effectively by just jumping into the deep end of the pool. If you can go from drilling questions to drilling sections to drilling tests super fast then you may be able to tackle "two tests one after another". I never did this but almost any high 170/180 guide on this site seems to advocate for its merit.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Integrating Blueprint Material...

Post by bp shinners » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Hey bee,

Having gone through our course (and scored a few 170s - congrats, btw), you have a basic understanding of the logic and methods needed for the test.

Going through the Bibles (while not necessary) will help you really get a grasp of the underlying logic, however. As FBP said, I think your best bet would be to go through them at the same time. This way, you can see how each company derived their methods/tricks for answering the questions. When you can explain how, using the same question type, we came up with different ways to get to the same answer, you have a grasp of the principles underlying the exam. That's when you start to see those high-170 scores.

If you go through our homework, you'll have done a large majority of the released questions (though there are still a number of tests we don't pull questions from because we use them as practice tests - especially some of the newer exams). Don't worry about that too much - you will see some repetition in the questions, but the practice will still be good. At that level, it's more about diagnosing your particular weaknesses and not making the same mistake on a future practice test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”