Best Test Centers in NYC??

lsathopeful101

Best Test Centers in NYC??

Postby lsathopeful101 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:33 pm

So, I go to sign up for the June 2012 LSAT today and shocked to find that all the Manhattan locations (a whopping 3) are already booked up!!

The only options that are relatively close are:

1. BROOKLYN COLLEGE - CUNY BROOKLYN, NY
2. TOURO COLLEGE BROOKLYN, NY
3. RUTGERS UNIVERSITY NEWARK, NJ
4. QUEENS COLLEGE FLUSHING , NY
5. CUNY SCHOOL OF LAW FLUSHING , NY

Please comment if you've tested at any of these centers! There were some posts about how Brooklyn College is way cramped and overcrowded.

What's my best option at this point?

Please and thank you! :D

ahnhub

Re: Best Test Centers in NYC??

Postby ahnhub » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:41 pm

They were booked when I tried to register for 2011 June too. I had to register in New Jersey. But a couple of months before the test a few more Manhattan locations opened up, and I ended up taking at New York Law School in Tribeca. Register somewhere else and keep checking.

lsathopeful101

Postby lsathopeful101 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks, I'm slightly reassured. I don't understand why there are so few test centers in Manhattan!

Ok but lets say nothing in Manhattan opens up, which of these 5 would be best?

NYCLSATTutor

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 pm

You usually want to take it at a law school, if possible. If I were you I would take it at CUNY Law. Its a bit of a pain to get there, but the building should actually be super-quiet as well since pretty much everyone in the building is moving out of there in May.

imos

Postby imos » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:07 pm

2. TOURO COLLEGE BROOKLYN, NY

This one for sure is the best, its near a train and the desks when I took it were individual large tables, a lot of space between you and the next person over so the chances of anyone disturbing you go down drastically.

lsathopeful101

Postby lsathopeful101 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 pm

imos wrote:2. TOURO COLLEGE BROOKLYN, NY

This one for sure is the best, its near a train and the desks when I took it were individual large tables, a lot of space between you and the next person over so the chances of anyone disturbing you go down drastically.

thanks a bunch, this makes me feel a lot better.

did you just take the february lsat at touro? how do you feel?

imos

Postby imos » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:57 am

Personally the wait to get my score is driving me crazy, but at least I know that the test centers conditions didnt screw me 8)

I took my first lsat in Brooklyn college and not only was it overcrowded, but we shared tables that shook (to add some guy decided he was going to try a switcharoo during the test, they caught him and they made a huge fuss for about 5 min)

lsathopeful101

Postby lsathopeful101 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:06 pm

imos wrote:

Personally the wait to get my score is driving me crazy, but at least I know that the test centers conditions didnt screw me 8)

I took my first lsat in Brooklyn college and not only was it overcrowded, but we shared tables that shook (to add some guy decided he was going to try a switcharoo during the test, they caught him and they made a huge fuss for about 5 min)

im sorry :/. the proctors should have handled that better.

my friend took the lsat in feb and the girl sitting directly behind her freaked out during the 4th section for 5min and pretty much ruined my friends concentration for the rest of the test. so much for proctors -..-

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”