Letter to LSAC requesting retake. HELP

JD Janitor

Letter to LSAC requesting retake. HELP

Postby JD Janitor » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Ok so heres my situation/timeline:

-Took the LSAT December 2010 unprepared. Scored 153
-Studied for about 3 months prior to October 2011 test averaging 168.
-Started new meds (aderall) in July before the October test because doc said I had adhd.
-Actually started taking the meds in august.
-by test day i still did not feel completely comfortable with the way the meds made me feel.
-cancelled my test halfway through
-Signed up for Dec 2011 LSAT
-took test, scored 159. Very disappointed as I was averaging 168

Now I want a retake but I must wait tillDecember 2012. This essentially kills another year! Sigh

I want to write LSAC requesting that I be allowed to retake in June.

What is the best way to do this? What should the letter look like? How should i approach my medication issue?

Thanks guys

Re: Letter to LSAC requesting retake. HELP

Postby asdflawyer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:13 pm

you can ask them by e-mail if you can re-take, but from posts I've read on this site they usually don't allow it. but it couldn't hurt just to ask in your case.

bp shinners

Re: Letter to LSAC requesting retake. HELP

Postby bp shinners » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 pm

I don't think they'll give you another shot at the LSAT, as they're really, really against giving people a 4th retake. Also, several of our students wrote in with explanations very similar to yours, and they were rejected.

However, you might as well try. If I was writing the letter, I'd focus on how your first retake shouldn't count because the medication was affecting your thought process negatively. You've since stabilized on the meds/stopped taking them, but you don't feel that administration should count.

However, not to be mean, don't get your hopes up. People with serious illnesses (not to downplay yours, but I'm talking hospitalized) and deaths in the family have been rejected (especially since they implemented the new last-minute-withdraw policy) for another retake.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”