Took the Non-Saturday Test in Asia

Quelle

Took the Non-Saturday Test in Asia

Postby Quelle » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:17 am

What a scam! I don't know if all non-Saturday tests resemble the one I took earlier today, but if they do, I will never take another one. Not only was it totally different in style from all the previously published LSATs, but you don't ever get a chance to know which ones you've got right and which ones wrong. Garbage content printed on a booklet made of recycled garbage paper with horrible texture.

MLBrandow

Re: Took the Non-Saturday Test in Asia

Postby MLBrandow » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:29 am

Quelle,

Could you elaborate? I'm planning to take the June test in Korea. How exactly was the style different?

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:57 am

Quelle wrote:What a scam! I don't know if all non-Saturday tests resemble the one I took earlier today, but if they do, I will never take another one. Not only was it totally different in style from all the previously published LSATs, but you don't ever get a chance to know which ones you've got right and which ones wrong. Garbage content printed on a booklet made of recycled garbage paper with horrible texture.

have you seen the October/December 2011 LSAT questions? They are slightly different imo from the older ones.

PrincetonBound

Postby PrincetonBound » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:59 am

This doesn't surprise me. I was going to take the October test in China but was warned off by many friends to wait until I got back in the states because of horrible testing conditions.

FinallyGoing

Postby FinallyGoing » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Quelle wrote:What a scam! I don't know if all non-Saturday tests resemble the one I took earlier today, but if they do, I will never take another one. Not only was it totally different in style from all the previously published LSATs, but you don't ever get a chance to know which ones you've got right and which ones wrong. Garbage content printed on a booklet made of recycled garbage paper with horrible texture.

My US Sat Feb test was printed on horrible recycled paper too...just assumed this was normal.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:17 pm

This happens every year, and I can understand and sympathize. Taking the LSAT is stressful enough, knowing that you'll never get to see the exact results adds an extra jolt of worry. But really, you're overreacting, it's not a scam.

I've taken both an overseas (China) test and a February test in America. They're not weird or deficient in anyway that a regular LSAT isn't. The problem is that every LSAT has some curveball questions or games. People are just hyper-sensitive to this on February and other non-disclosed tests because they are never going to be able to see those questions again and many people are under the impression that the questions they get on these undisclosed tests are "experimental" or not up to the same standards of other LSATs.

Rest assured, though there might have been some unusual questions on your LSAT, that is normal. Your test was produced under the same rigorous quality-control measures that everyone else's LSAT did. The questions you had to do have all appeared previously on other tests as experimental sections. Foreign sites don't get some second-tier LSAT, it would be completely contrary to the entire point of the LSAT to have a significant portion of test-takers getting a non-standard testing experience.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”