Without getting into specifics... Game # 2. How was it?

justbubbles

Without getting into specifics... Game # 2. How was it?

Postby justbubbles » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:43 pm

I know we are not allowed to discuss the content... but I just wanted to gauge some feedback from people (sorry, I took the test alone).

That was the only game (pets) that OWNED me, especially the last few questions of that game.

Thoughts?

bananashotgun

Re: Without getting into specifics... Game # 2. How was it?

Postby bananashotgun » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:09 pm

I didn't think it was too bad. It took me a couple minutes to setup the game but i didn't even write down a very good diagram. i think i got lucky in that i picked up on the gist of the game and was able to work through the possible answers/scenarios very quickly and without hesitation. i don't think there was some major epiphany that I've found a lot of the harder games have.

i did surprisingly well on the LG section and finished everything but the last question due to time. I usually run out of time while setting up or doing the first question of the 4th section but felt relatively confident all the way through.

beebela

Postby beebela » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Was that the monday/friday interviews? If so, I skipped past it originally because it looked like it'd be nasty and then came back to it with ~15 minutes to go once I'd finished the others. I did have to go through all of the answer choices for a lot of the questions which was annoying but luckily I had the time.

justbubbles

Postby justbubbles » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:18 pm

beebela wrote:Was that the monday/friday interviews?

No. This was # 2, the one with apartments occupying with pet owners + no pet owners. The interviews one was a blast!

bananashotgun wrote:i did surprisingly well on the LG section

Yah, same here. I'd say I'd have scored a perfect 23/23 on LG, but that just that last few questions on this stupid pet owner game PWN3D me. I pretty much guessed on the last 3 questions of this pets game.

beebela

Postby beebela » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:22 pm

justbubbles wrote:
beebela wrote:Was that the monday/friday interviews?

No. This was # 2, the one with apartments occupying with pet owners + no pet owners. The interviews one was a blast!

Oh wow haha yeah my bad the interviews one was first right? The pets one is the one I skipped. You can see how dead my brain is...

I was surprised because there hasn't been a game/setup like that on a test in a while, it definitely took me off guard when I read through the info. Hopefully it means we'll get a good curve though!

941law

Postby 941law » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:26 pm

justbubbles wrote:
(pets) OWNED

caitriona

Postby caitriona » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Yes, I feel the same. Last two questions on this game. I started to think what I didn't do some important inferences in process of finding right answers, but I don't know. I had to guess as well!

chewdak

Postby chewdak » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Last edited by chewdak on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:46 pm

caitriona wrote:Yes, I feel the same. Last two questions on this game. I started to think what I didn't do some important inferences in process of finding right answers, but I don't know. I had to guess as well!

This happened to me also. Glad I'm not alone

justbubbles

Postby justbubbles » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:21 pm

beebela wrote:I was surprised because there hasn't been a game/setup like that on a test in a while

Yep, it was a never-seen-before kinda thing. I've done pretty much every single LG type ever produced by LSAC, and I must say, this caught me off guard. It was a crazy mixture of Grouping/Advance Sequencing/etc. Oh well, that's what we get for taking an "undisclosed test".

noleknight16 wrote:
caitriona wrote:Yes, I feel the same. Last two questions on this game. I started to think what I didn't do some important inferences in process of finding right answers, but I don't know. I had to guess as well!

This happened to me also. Glad I'm not alone

I will second and third that.

I chatted with few others (who were averaging late 160-ish to mid-170ish) and even they too found this game (the last few questions) to be brutal. Hopefully our guesses hit some right ones! ;)

CalamityJen

Postby CalamityJen » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:22 pm

bananashotgun wrote: i think i got lucky in that i picked up on the gist of the game and was able to work through the possible answers/scenarios very quickly and without hesitation.

I'm usually not very good at LG, but I think I got lucky on this game, too. It was a scenario that I could relate to personally, so something just *clicked* and I was able to recall the conditions/restrictions without constantly referring to my diagram for reassurance.

justbubbles

Postby justbubbles » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:20 am

I think the consensus is close to unanimous.

* Interviews - Straight-forward.
* Short/Long commercials - Fun and easy.
* Wednesday/Friday (afternoon & morning) - Tough game, but doable (getting the set-up and inferences was key).
* Pets/Apartments - Got OWNED. :( First three questions was okay, but the rest, OMFG, WTF!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”