February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
42
24%
161-162
11
6%
163-164
18
10%
165-166
15
9%
167-168
16
9%
169-170
10
6%
171-172
22
13%
173-174
14
8%
175-176
6
3%
177+
19
11%
 
Total votes: 173

User avatar
hotspur
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:05 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby hotspur » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Morpheus69 wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:
agcl0913 wrote:
barrotmartin wrote:biology internship ftw.


No way, no way. She should have spent that summer working :D


I perm'd.


most def. should have worked. What good is the internship if you won't even be in school come fall since you can't afford it? I wrote some more about it, but got straight to the point and finished it all on the first page. I treated it as a strengthen or weaken question, just on a grander scale.


uh oh. what about student loans?

User avatar
kerflux
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby kerflux » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:36 pm

.
Last edited by kerflux on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
buck
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby buck » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:46 pm

kerflux wrote:I felt great about this test until I realized that I forgot to apply one of the premises in the games to all of the questions; something like this guy has no pets AND (part I left out) always lives in certain #. How fkd do you think I am? I've been hoping the answers would be pretty much the same either way, but I've been giving myself an ulcer over it for the last few days.


I think you dropped at least 4 questions. But probably more because that was one of only two limitations in that game. I did something similar in October and still ended up with a decent score (166) but, now I do wish I cancelled that test FWIW.

User avatar
kerflux
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby kerflux » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Is that a guess, or do you think that particular portion was that important? I am planning on going next year, so I was hoping on just using this to get off any waitlists I'm put on... though if I really bombed it that badly I suppose I may try it in June

User avatar
beebela
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby beebela » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:05 pm

kerflux wrote:Is that a guess, or do you think that particular portion was that important? I am planning on going next year, so I was hoping on just using this to get off any waitlists I'm put on... though if I really bombed it that badly I suppose I may try it in June

I mean it was definitely a major part because it was something you could build right into your master sketch to quickly rule out a lot of incorrect answer choices and without that limitation I'm guessing a lot of the other choices would've looked good...I don't remember the exact questions/answer choices and how that limitation played into them though so it's hard to tell exactly how important it was. Did you feel like you did well in the other games? How well do you usually do on LG? If you're counting on a -0/-1 it's probably not going to happen but if you have some room for error you could still be on target for the score you want.

User avatar
beebela
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby beebela » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:09 pm

As far as predictions go, my PT range was 173-178 (as it was before October, when I ended up with a 168...) but I definitely feel better about this test, probably 171-175, RC tripped me up more than it should have but I'm confident about LG and LR minus the meteor question.

User avatar
barrotmartin
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby barrotmartin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:11 pm

hotspur wrote:
Morpheus69 wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:
agcl0913 wrote:
No way, no way. She should have spent that summer working :D


I perm'd.


most def. should have worked. What good is the internship if you won't even be in school come fall since you can't afford it? I wrote some more about it, but got straight to the point and finished it all on the first page. I treated it as a strengthen or weaken question, just on a grander scale.


uh oh. what about student loans?


What about using your internship to get a rec for a paying pt biology dept job in the fall?
edit: what about THAT

User avatar
kerflux
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby kerflux » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:15 pm

beebela wrote:
kerflux wrote:Is that a guess, or do you think that particular portion was that important? I am planning on going next year, so I was hoping on just using this to get off any waitlists I'm put on... though if I really bombed it that badly I suppose I may try it in June

I mean it was definitely a major part because it was something you could build right into your master sketch to quickly rule out a lot of incorrect answer choices and without that limitation I'm guessing a lot of the other choices would've looked good...I don't remember the exact questions/answer choices and how that limitation played into them though so it's hard to tell exactly how important it was. Did you feel like you did well in the other games? How well do you usually do on LG? If you're counting on a -0/-1 it's probably not going to happen but if you have some room for error you could still be on target for the score you want.

I guessed on one of the last ones, but typically I get about 3-5 wrong on LG and still get 170+. I'm just hoping I messed one or two up because of the missed premise and aced the rest. I remember looking at it and realizing I'd forgotten to plug it in and thinking that it wouldn't have changed my answers much, but I was so pressed for time that I didn't examine each of them to see what it did. It could've just been my nerves telling me to hurry the (*$% up, everything is fine, finish the section.

User avatar
beebela
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby beebela » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:16 pm

barrotmartin wrote:What about using your internship to get a rec for a paying pt biology dept job in the fall?
edit: what about THAT

The professor with the internship was leaving the university before the fall and regardless any pt job would've prevented her from doing the clubs and taking the classes she wanted to. Restaurant ftw.

User avatar
beebela
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby beebela » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:18 pm

kerflux wrote:
beebela wrote:
kerflux wrote:Is that a guess, or do you think that particular portion was that important? I am planning on going next year, so I was hoping on just using this to get off any waitlists I'm put on... though if I really bombed it that badly I suppose I may try it in June

I mean it was definitely a major part because it was something you could build right into your master sketch to quickly rule out a lot of incorrect answer choices and without that limitation I'm guessing a lot of the other choices would've looked good...I don't remember the exact questions/answer choices and how that limitation played into them though so it's hard to tell exactly how important it was. Did you feel like you did well in the other games? How well do you usually do on LG? If you're counting on a -0/-1 it's probably not going to happen but if you have some room for error you could still be on target for the score you want.

I guessed on one of the last ones, but typically I get about 3-5 wrong on LG and still get 170+. I'm just hoping I messed one or two up because of the missed premise and aced the rest. I remember looking at it and realizing I'd forgotten to plug it in and thinking that it wouldn't have changed my answers much, but I was so pressed for time that I didn't examine each of them to see what it did. It could've just been my nerves telling me to hurry the (*$% up, everything is fine, finish the section.

Yeah it's hard to know how much that will affect you (and thanks to Feb secrecy, you'll never know) but if you usually can afford to miss that much on LG anyways hopefully you're fine!

User avatar
kerflux
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby kerflux » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Juggling a part-time job and school makes her look good to future employers, proves she can successfully multi-task. An internship is something she could use as a point of discussion in a future interview with potential employers in that field; makes her stand out. restaurant gig is restaurant gig

User avatar
kerflux
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby kerflux » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:26 pm

beebela wrote:
kerflux wrote:
beebela wrote:
kerflux wrote:Is that a guess, or do you think that particular portion was that important? I am planning on going next year, so I was hoping on just using this to get off any waitlists I'm put on... though if I really bombed it that badly I suppose I may try it in June

I mean it was definitely a major part because it was something you could build right into your master sketch to quickly rule out a lot of incorrect answer choices and without that limitation I'm guessing a lot of the other choices would've looked good...I don't remember the exact questions/answer choices and how that limitation played into them though so it's hard to tell exactly how important it was. Did you feel like you did well in the other games? How well do you usually do on LG? If you're counting on a -0/-1 it's probably not going to happen but if you have some room for error you could still be on target for the score you want.

I guessed on one of the last ones, but typically I get about 3-5 wrong on LG and still get 170+. I'm just hoping I messed one or two up because of the missed premise and aced the rest. I remember looking at it and realizing I'd forgotten to plug it in and thinking that it wouldn't have changed my answers much, but I was so pressed for time that I didn't examine each of them to see what it did. It could've just been my nerves telling me to hurry the (*$% up, everything is fine, finish the section.

Yeah it's hard to know how much that will affect you (and thanks to Feb secrecy, you'll never know) but if you usually can afford to miss that much on LG anyways hopefully you're fine!

Yeah, that's what gets me, I'll never know if that portion even affected me, lol. I'm just hoping I at least nailed the elimination question that pops up with every game and that that bit didn't come into play for most of the game

User avatar
beebela
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby beebela » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:27 pm

kerflux wrote:Juggling a part-time job and school makes her look good to future employers, proves she can successfully multi-task. An internship is something she could use as a point of discussion in a future interview with potential employers in that field; makes her stand out. restaurant gig is restaurant gig

Eh, she'll have time to worry about getting internships/jobs later (and probably better options once she's in college), transitioning to college and having a pt job is a lot of unnecessary stress at a time when she should just be thinking about enjoying herself. But to each their own, that's why they give us questions like that. :lol:

User avatar
bamalama
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby bamalama » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:50 pm

I brought six sharpened pencils into the LSAT and I used only one on the exam. For the essay though, I quickly ground all my pencils into thick/unreadable lines. I'd start on one side of the page, and by the other side it would look like I was writing in gray crayon.

But yeah, restaurant job all the way. Unpaid internships are only meant for those for whom money ain't a thang.

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby FinallyGoing » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:57 pm

bamalama wrote:I brought six sharpened pencils into the LSAT and I used only one on the exam. For the essay though, I quickly ground all my pencils into thick/unreadable lines. I'd start on one side of the page, and by the other side it would look like I was writing in gray crayon.

But yeah, restaurant job all the way. Unpaid internships are only meant for those for whom money ain't a thang.



You mean like a PI job? ;) My #1 has a great PI reputation...hmmm

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby maxmartin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:18 pm

I check back a few old waiting threads, it seems this forum always underestimate the curve, so hopefully this is a good news for everyone :D

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:33 pm

maxmartin wrote:I check back a few old waiting threads, it seems this forum always underestimate the curve, so hopefully this is a good news for everyone :D


Except that we'll never know the curve :?

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby FinallyGoing » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:45 pm

maxmartin wrote:I check back a few old waiting threads, it seems this forum always underestimate the curve, so hopefully this is a good news for everyone :D


Are you accurately using the word "always?"

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby maxmartin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:54 pm

there is seems before always :wink: , you can do the research by yourself
FinallyGoing wrote:
maxmartin wrote:I check back a few old waiting threads, it seems this forum always underestimate the curve, so hopefully this is a good news for everyone :D


Are you accurately using the word "always?"

User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby TIKITEMBO » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Could someone tell me how many questions were on this test? I went through quite a few pages in the beginning and couldn't find it.

Please don't call RC fail on me.

User avatar
barrotmartin
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby barrotmartin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:17 pm

beebela wrote:
barrotmartin wrote:What about using your internship to get a rec for a paying pt biology dept job in the fall?
edit: what about THAT

The professor with the internship was leaving the university before the fall and regardless any pt job would've prevented her from doing the clubs and taking the classes she wanted to. Restaurant ftw.


Leaving for an industry job doesn't preclude writing a rec letter directed at colleagues in the dept. Gunning for the possibility of being a pt lab assistant during the school year would be ideal and would fit in the "fully participating in what the university has to offer" criterion as well. A chance to work with a professor she's excited about is good. Familiarity with the lab and the dept will give her a heads up on students in the fall. Familiarity with the campus and what it has to offer will give her a better idea of what clubs/depts she wants to join/take classes in, which ones she wants to prioritize, etc.

Internship ftw. And it matters.

User avatar
beebela
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby beebela » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:29 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:Could someone tell me how many questions were on this test? I went through quite a few pages in the beginning and couldn't find it.

Please don't call RC fail on me.

100 - 25 for both LR, 23 LG, and 27 RC.

User avatar
lsacqueen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby lsacqueen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:37 pm

FWIW, I just went through this forum for the curve predictions on the last 4 lsats, and they each speculated a curve that was at least 1 less than the actual. So here's to hoping for a -13 :)

User avatar
BuckinghamB
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby BuckinghamB » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Morpheus69 wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:
agcl0913 wrote:
barrotmartin wrote:biology internship ftw.


No way, no way. She should have spent that summer working :D


I perm'd.


most def. should have worked. What good is the internship if you won't even be in school come fall since you can't afford it? I wrote some more about it, but got straight to the point and finished it all on the first page. I treated it as a strengthen or weaken question, just on a grander scale.


That's what student loans are for, bro :lol:

User avatar
zapcaz
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby zapcaz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Edited for RC failure on my part... (ie the SAME EXACT thing was posted right before me)
Last edited by zapcaz on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clyde Frog and 11 guests