February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
42
24%
161-162
11
6%
163-164
18
10%
165-166
15
9%
167-168
16
9%
169-170
10
6%
171-172
22
13%
173-174
14
8%
175-176
6
3%
177+
19
11%
 
Total votes: 173

crede
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby crede » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:37 am

Fyo'Couch wrote:
crede wrote:
Fyo'Couch wrote:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but this is pretty uncontroversial. 130 countries support Palestinian statehood and representation in the UN; the USA isn't one of them.


Do you understand the difference between supporting self-determination generally and a supporting a regime recognized by the UN as a terrorist organization?


Yes. Do you understand how labeling an organization as "terrorist" may also be a convenient way to justify forced displacement of peoples? I'm for a two-state solution; the middle east conflict is not a zero sum game as it's often construed. But the "terrorist" argument doesn't really work here. Until 2008 the United States designated Nelson Mandela as a terrorist, after all.


The last part sounds like a flaw in the reasoning question (are we still talking about the LSAT?). While I'm all for conspiracy theories that show Israel to be intentionally undermining their national security, I am particularly amused by people who suggest that Hamas is not a terrorist organization. I implore you take your girlfriend on an all inclusive vacation to Al-Bustan resort in Gaza and tell me about the bevy of rights and freedoms you enjoy on your stay there.


Ha yea I guess that part does kind of resemble a flaw stimulus but it's not actually fallacious because it undercuts your suggestion that simply labeling something as "terrorist" is sufficient to make said thing terrorist. I do appreciate your appeal to emotion fallacy, though :wink:

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:43 am

Fyo'Couch wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
NBA Finals.... KD/Westbrook vs. Lebron/D-Wade


I would watch the shit out of that.


This is no season for old men.

I think I should copyright that and sell it to David Stern as the official slogan of this season. Would the movie have likeness rights?


Well as a Celtics fan I entirely agree. This is the least interest i have had in the NBA for at least six or seven years. They are just a moribund franchise right now and impossible to be passionate about.

Fyo'Couch
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Fyo'Couch » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:57 am

Ha yea I guess that part does kind of resemble a flaw stimulus but it's not actually fallacious because it undercuts your suggestion that simply labeling something as "terrorist" is sufficient to make said thing terrorist. I do appreciate your appeal to emotion fallacy, though :wink:


haha.. well unfortunately its an inevitability of language that we must assign names and meanings to things. I didn't suggest that the name "terrorist" implies that Hamas is terrorist - that was your suggestion. I implied that engaging in activities that are widely acknowledged to be of a "terrorist" nature makes it a terrorist organization ( ie targeting civilians with bombs).
Last edited by Fyo'Couch on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fyo'Couch
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Fyo'Couch » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:59 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
Fyo'Couch wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
NBA Finals.... KD/Westbrook vs. Lebron/D-Wade


I would watch the shit out of that.


This is no season for old men.

I think I should copyright that and sell it to David Stern as the official slogan of this season. Would the movie have likeness rights?


Well as a Celtics fan I entirely agree. This is the least interest i have had in the NBA for at least six or seven years. They are just a moribund franchise right now and impossible to be passionate about.


Rondo is the best all around player at the point-guard position - I don't care what anybody says. 18 rebounds 20 points and 18 assists or whatever he had the other night - are you kidding me? I wouldn't count these guys out yet. They'll be ready for the playoffs...they just don't have the energy to expend in the regular season.

User avatar
Kit Cloudkicker
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:04 am

Fyo'Couch wrote:Rondo is the best all around player at the point-guard position - I don't care what anybody says. 18 rebounds 20 points and 18 assists or whatever he had the other night - are you kidding me? I wouldn't count these guys out yet. They'll be ready for the playoffs...they just don't have the energy to expend in the regular season.



Really? You're gonna sit there with a straight face and tell me you'd take Rondo over D. Rose?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:05 am

They won't. They're just too old. KG is done. Pierce and Allen are still serviceable but they are shells of what they used to be. They have no presence in the paint. I'd blow up this team immediately.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:07 am

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
Fyo'Couch wrote:Rondo is the best all around player at the point-guard position - I don't care what anybody says. 18 rebounds 20 points and 18 assists or whatever he had the other night - are you kidding me? I wouldn't count these guys out yet. They'll be ready for the playoffs...they just don't have the energy to expend in the regular season.



Really? You're gonna sit there with a straight face and tell me you'd take Rondo over D. Rose?


Yeah Rondo is a top 5 point guard, but not a very top tier guard. I'd take Rose, Westbrook, Paul, and Deron Williams over Rondo. Teams don't have to guard him outside the paint, he can't shoot free throws, and he is such a petulant child that the team has desperately been trying to trade him despite the fact that he can put up a triple double any night. Think about that. All the talent he has and no one will take him. Where there's smoke there's fire. He must be a really bad teammate. There have been plenty of stories.

User avatar
Kit Cloudkicker
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:09 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
Fyo'Couch wrote:Rondo is the best all around player at the point-guard position - I don't care what anybody says. 18 rebounds 20 points and 18 assists or whatever he had the other night - are you kidding me? I wouldn't count these guys out yet. They'll be ready for the playoffs...they just don't have the energy to expend in the regular season.



Really? You're gonna sit there with a straight face and tell me you'd take Rondo over D. Rose?


Yeah Rondo is a top 5 point guard, but not a very top tier guard. I'd take Rose, Westbrook, Paul, and Deron Williams over Rondo. Teams don't have to guard him outside the paint, he can't shoot free throws, and he is such a petulant child that the team has desperately been trying to trade him despite the fact that he can put up a triple double any night. Think about that. All the talent he has and no one will take him. Where there's smoke there's fire. He must be a really bad teammate. There have been plenty of stories.



THIS.

Fyo'Couch
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Fyo'Couch » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:09 am

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
Fyo'Couch wrote:Rondo is the best all around player at the point-guard position - I don't care what anybody says. 18 rebounds 20 points and 18 assists or whatever he had the other night - are you kidding me? I wouldn't count these guys out yet. They'll be ready for the playoffs...they just don't have the energy to expend in the regular season.



Really? You're gonna sit there with a straight face and tell me you'd take Rondo over D. Rose?


Rose gets all the hype but Rondo is the better all around player. Rose mainly impacts the game with his scoring, and play-making to a lesser degree. You will never see Rose impact a game like Rondo did the other night (20 Assists and 20 rbs). If I have a team full of scrubs, I take Rose. If I have a solid all around team with role players, I take Rondo.

Fyo'Couch
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Fyo'Couch » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:12 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
Fyo'Couch wrote:Rondo is the best all around player at the point-guard position - I don't care what anybody says. 18 rebounds 20 points and 18 assists or whatever he had the other night - are you kidding me? I wouldn't count these guys out yet. They'll be ready for the playoffs...they just don't have the energy to expend in the regular season.



Really? You're gonna sit there with a straight face and tell me you'd take Rondo over D. Rose?


Yeah Rondo is a top 5 point guard, but not a very top tier guard. I'd take Rose, Westbrook, Paul, and Deron Williams over Rondo. Teams don't have to guard him outside the paint, he can't shoot free throws, and he is such a petulant child that the team has desperately been trying to trade him despite the fact that he can put up a triple double any night. Think about that. All the talent he has and no one will take him. Where there's smoke there's fire. He must be a really bad teammate. There have been plenty of stories.


True, Rondo's shooting is the only weakness in his game. For a guard this is problematic. Rose is a better shooter, but I don't think anyone would call him a "great" shooter - although i did notice his shooting improve a lot this year. Those other guys are definitely superior Point Guards, but Rondo is the better all around basketball player at the position. I stand by that statement!

Edit: I agree with your list, except for Westbrook. He has the shooting and attitude issues of Rondo, but Rondo impacts the game more with his rebounding, and defense and playmaking. Westbrook is more explosive and flashy but don't let that fool you. I think you guys in Boston are taking Rondo for granted. I would love that dude on my team. Jerryd Bayless for Rondo straight up?
Last edited by Fyo'Couch on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:16 am

Are you guys NCAA hoops fans too?

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:16 am

bernaldiaz wrote:Are you guys NCAA hoops fans too?


I'm a big college basketball and football fan

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:20 am

noleknight16 wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Are you guys NCAA hoops fans too?


I'm a big college basketball and football fan


I'm a huge NCAAF fan. I go to ND so I'm a nut for the Irish, but I watch pretty much every relevant game during the season. By far the best league out of any of them. I live for college football.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Clearly » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:22 am

Oh cool, all 3 of the remaining NBA fans are in this thread.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:24 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Are you guys NCAA hoops fans too?


I'm a big college basketball and football fan


I'm a huge NCAAF fan. I go to ND so I'm a nut for the Irish, but I watch pretty much every relevant game during the season. By far the best league out of any of them. I live for college football.


FSU fan here. Sorry about that bowl loss ;)

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:27 am

noleknight16 wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Are you guys NCAA hoops fans too?


I'm a big college basketball and football fan


I'm a huge NCAAF fan. I go to ND so I'm a nut for the Irish, but I watch pretty much every relevant game during the season. By far the best league out of any of them. I live for college football.


FSU fan here. Sorry about that bowl loss ;)


Haha who gives a shit? If it was a meaningful bowl I'd care. Both teams looked pathetic. The difference between a 9-4 and an 8-5 season wasn't enough to get worked up about. After the absolutely devestating losses to USF and Michigan, the bowl game wasn't even that bad.

User avatar
Kit Cloudkicker
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:27 am

noleknight16 wrote:
FSU fan here. Sorry about that bowl loss ;)



-_- Now I really don't like you.

Fyo'Couch
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Fyo'Couch » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:28 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Oh cool, all 3 of the remaining NBA fans are in this thread.


haha

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:28 am

bernaldiaz wrote:Haha who gives a shit? If it was a meaningful bowl I'd care. Both teams looked pathetic. The difference between a 9-4 and an 8-5 season wasn't enough to get worked up about. After the absolutely devestating losses to USF and Michigan, the bowl game wasn't even that bad.


That USF loss was pretty nuts. No team gets luckier than they do in big games.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:29 am

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:
FSU fan here. Sorry about that bowl loss ;)



-_- Now I really don't like you.


por que?

User avatar
Kit Cloudkicker
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:32 am

noleknight16 wrote:
Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:
FSU fan here. Sorry about that bowl loss ;)



-_- Now I really don't like you.


por que?



--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:33 am

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:
Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:
FSU fan here. Sorry about that bowl loss ;)



-_- Now I really don't like you.


por que?



--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)


Haha you guys ready to get your asses handed to you for the next few years?

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:34 am

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:
Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:
FSU fan here. Sorry about that bowl loss ;)



-_- Now I really don't like you.


por que?



--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)


Meh. I respect Miami (despite the Shapiro incident). Never backed down from a challenge and a strong program.

It's those cowards at UF I can't stand.

User avatar
Kit Cloudkicker
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:35 am

bernaldiaz wrote:Haha you guys ready to get your asses handed to you for the next few years?



Does it suck to go to school/live in Indiana?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:38 am

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Haha you guys ready to get your asses handed to you for the next few years?



Does it suck to go to school/live in Indiana?


Unequivocally yes.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests