February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

Kit Cloudkicker

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:27 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
Troll_444 wrote:Bernaldiaz, Troll_444 is very unconcerned with what you think. From all the past posts I have read, you seem like a rich condescending elitist.

Rich elitist probably, don't think I'm particularly condescending.

You're rich? Ok. Now I seriously want to be your friend.

RodionRaskolnikov

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:29 am

noleknight16 wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:
mehereuthere101787 wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:That story someone posted was tweeted by AustinDailyNews not too long ago.... and I heard and read that the curve is -10.

Where did you hear about the curve rr?

I talked to myself an hour ago and so I heard that the curve would be -10.. then I wrote it down not to forget but I did.. good thing I found the piece of paper and read it and remembered that the curve will be -10.. so I came here to tell you..

And the twitter thing I searched for LSAT on twitter and AustinDailyNews had a tweet about the girl who got top 4 or whatever..

Why do you think it will be -10? I don't think it was THAT easy.

Because every time I thought about PTs like I thought about these, where I thought I did well enough to get 170s, the curve ended up being like -10 and I didn't get 170s.. When I thought I did horribly and the curve was low, the curve ended up high and that's when I would get into 170s on PTs... so since I think I'll get 170+ and I'm feeling like I do when the curve normally ends up being -10... I have a feeling it's -10..

or -11 MAX.

RodionRaskolnikov

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:30 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:That story someone posted was tweeted by AustinDailyNews not too long ago.... and I heard and read that the curve is -10.

Where did you hear about the curve rr?

See Troll, the subtle trolling by RR here is an excellent example for you. He actually got this poor sap to believe him.

LOL not that hard to do if said sap just finished smoking a blunt

would it be racist of me to ask if you're black?

ampersand5

Postby ampersand5 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:31 am

and because I know all of you guys were wondering how Netanyahu's Aipac speech went, well he absolutely destroyed it.
Going to be extremely influential in the near future. I recommend you guys watch it.

Troll_444

Postby Troll_444 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
Troll_444 wrote:Bernaldiaz, Troll_444 is very unconcerned with what you think. From all the past posts I have read, you seem like a rich condescending elitist.

Rich elitist probably, don't think I'm particularly condescending.

You most certainly are. Using an avatar such as yours in a casual online forum also confirms this.

thomasjmai22

Postby thomasjmai22 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 am

ampersand5 wrote:and because I know all of you guys were wondering how Netanyahu's Aipac speech went, well he absolutely destroyed it.
Going to be extremely influential in the near future. I recommend you guys watch it.

"...influential in the near future" <-----are you serious?

Soconn13

Postby Soconn13 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:35 am

ampersand5 wrote:and because I know all of you guys were wondering how Netanyahu's Aipac speech went, well he absolutely destroyed it.

.....tldw

Kit Cloudkicker

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:35 am

Have you ever seen a movie called "Paradise Now?"

mehereuthere101787

Postby mehereuthere101787 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:35 am

Last edited by mehereuthere101787 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lsacqueen

Postby lsacqueen » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:37 am

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:

If you're talking about that Arabic film, yes I've seen it!

ampersand5

Postby ampersand5 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:38 am

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:

is that the one leading up to the suicide bombing...? if so, no; but I have heard lots about it. Anything in particular you want to discuss?

ampersand5

Postby ampersand5 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:41 am

heres the video for those who want to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH9HfEiSz_w

jigglebottom

Postby jigglebottom » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:42 am

bibi is wack paradise now is a dope film

Kit Cloudkicker

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 am

ampersand5 wrote:
Kit Cloudkicker wrote:

is that the one leading up to the suicide bombing...? if so, no; but I have heard lots about it. Anything in particular you want to discuss?

Your thoughts on the conflict in Palestine. You seem to be pro-Netanyahu. Do you believe that Israel shares some of the blame for the inability to attain sustainable peace? New Jewish settlements, etc. Just curious.

pancakelover

Postby pancakelover » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 am

who here thinks scores will release tomorrow vs. wednesday? my vote's for tomorrow.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 am

Questions for you guys!

Are LG really as learn-able as people imply? I'm thinking they are honestly, I can see myself getting better with them already, and I didn't have much time. I'm already studying for June, even as we speak (break on pt!)... I anticipate about a 165 because that's where I was testing consistently before the Feb test. I only had about a month to study, and took a Kaplan course. I just started getting better at LG when the test came up. I consistently score -1 on LR(per section), and maybe -3 on RC... I lose all my points on games, usually hybrid games because I never had time to get consistently good at them. The more I read about people genuinely mastering LG the higher I'm setting my goals for June. That's where my points go, and that seems to be the best chance at improvement. I also never really prepped RC, because I wasn't doing terribly and didn't see it as my best opportunity time wise before the Feb, I assume with some actual work I can bring that up a bit as well. Opinions? My plan is to order Manhattan RC book, and LGb and LRb from powerscore, as well as join the velocity LG online course. I have 97 days, is that sufficient for the improvement I'm looking for? I have a hell of an LSAT work ethic and have no problem with a few hours a day. Unfortunately I'm in my last semester and have 22 credits which I'm viewing as my last chance to pull up my pretty bad GPA (3.3). My plan is destroy the June, pull up to a 3.4-3.5 and ED UVA. Do you think balancing 22 credits with the needed improvement in LSAT is possible?

I was also considering Oct, as it would relieve me of the burden of the credits, but put me further into the cycle. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

tl;dr = Just read it lazy, it's better then biting your nails waiting for your score.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:45 am

pancakelover wrote:who here thinks scores will release tomorrow vs. wednesday? my vote's for tomorrow.

I think it's a toss up.

pancakelover

Postby pancakelover » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:47 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Questions for you guys!

blahblahblahblahblahblahblah

tl;dr = Just read it lazy, it's better then biting your nails waiting for your score.

I don't think so.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:50 am

pancakelover wrote:

I don't think so.

Man do I want a pancake right now.

ampersand5

Postby ampersand5 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:51 am

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
ampersand5 wrote:
Kit Cloudkicker wrote:

Your thoughts on the conflict in Palestine. You seem to be pro-Netanyahu. Do you believe that Israel shares some of the blame for the inability to attain sustainable peace? New Jewish settlements, etc. Just curious.

not really something I can answer in a short neat manner because there are too many components to it. I hope for a two state solution in the near future. Although I do support Bibi, there is consensus from Lieberman, Livini and Barak on the Iranian issue, so it doesn't matter which Israeli party one supports, because they all are saying the same thing at this moment in time.

There are things that Israel does which I do not support and there are areas where they screw up/do the wrong things, but in the grand scheme of things, I would place minimal blame on them.

There haven't been new jewish settlements in a very long time. If you are referring to building new homes in already existing settlements that are going to be part of a future Israel no matter what, then I am indifferent. If they were to build a new settlement in a non-contiguous area, I'd be very against it.

If there is anything specific you want to discuss or are curious about, please let me know.

pancakelover

Postby pancakelover » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:52 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
pancakelover wrote:

I don't think so.

Those are the yummiest-looking pancakes I could find that fit in the tiny pixel limit. Not bad eh?

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:53 am

pancakelover wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
pancakelover wrote:

I don't think so.

Those are the yummiest-looking pancakes I could find that fit in the tiny pixel limit. Not bad eh?

The mix of melted butter and syrup. God damn.

Also, I'm hungry.

Kit Cloudkicker

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:54 am

Are LG really as learn-able as people imply? I'm thinking they are honestly, I can see myself getting better with them already, and I didn't have much time. I'm already studying for June, even as we speak (break on pt!)... I anticipate about a 165 because that's where I was testing consistently before the Feb test. I only had about a month to study, and took a Kaplan course. I just started getting better at LG when the test came up. I consistently score -1 on LR(per section), and maybe -3 on RC... I lose all my points on games, usually hybrid games because I never had time to get consistently good at them. The more I read about people genuinely mastering LG the higher I'm setting my goals for June. That's where my points go, and that seems to be the best chance at improvement. I also never really prepped RC, because I wasn't doing terribly and didn't see it as my best opportunity time wise before the Feb, I assume with some actual work I can bring that up a bit as well. Opinions? My plan is to order Manhattan RC book, and LGb and LRb from powerscore, as well as join the velocity LG online course. I have 97 days, is that sufficient for the improvement I'm looking for? I have a hell of an LSAT work ethic and have no problem with a few hours a day. Unfortunately I'm in my last semester and have 22 credits which I'm viewing as my last chance to pull up my pretty bad GPA (3.3). My plan is destroy the June, pull up to a 3.4-3.5 and ED UVA. Do you think balancing 22 credits with the needed improvement in LSAT is possible?

I was also considering Oct, as it would relieve me of the burden of the credits, but put me further into the cycle. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

I think LG is definitely the easiest section to improve on. If you're getting -1 LR and -3 RC ..... Drill logic games till you're -0, you're looking at a 176+.

And.... 22 credits is a metric fuckton. Especially while studying for the LSAT.

oldtype

Postby oldtype » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:54 am

I mostly just feel like punching somebody now. Was 100% sure I'd have my score this morning and not getting it just makes the wait 10x worse.

pancakelover

Postby pancakelover » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:55 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
pancakelover wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Man do I want a pancake right now.

The mix of melted butter and syrup. God damn.

Also, I'm hungry.

You better watch those calories, night-eater. Shit goes straight to your thighs.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”