February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

lsacqueen

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby lsacqueen » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:21 pm

941law wrote:AP: BREAKING: Publicist Kristen Foster says singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48

omg i thought you were trolling but this is real!!! how sad :(

hurryuppp

Postby hurryuppp » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:21 pm

941law

Postby 941law » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:24 pm

hurryuppp wrote:http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/01/980107070006.htm

sound familiar guys?

son of a bitch

what if some science nerd was taking this test and perused this article the night before. damn you lsac.

luuma

Postby luuma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:25 pm

sound familiar guys?

Oh my... LSAC, just when I thought you'd outsmarted us all with your anomaly exams... you fail. How the heck did you find this?

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:26 pm

luuma wrote:

sound familiar guys?

Oh my... LSAC, just when I thought you'd outsmarted us all with your anomaly exams... you fail. How the heck did you find this?

Haha guys you didn't dig up anything extraordinary. On the last page of the test there is a "bibliography" where the LSAT gave their sources for all of the articles they used. One of them was from the Economist, I forget where the other one was from. I think they make up the one that has two passages.

Ronburgandy2468

Postby Ronburgandy2468 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:27 pm

luuma wrote:

sound familiar guys?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Wow, to the person who found this- Kudos.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Ronburgandy2468 wrote:
luuma wrote:

sound familiar guys?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Wow, to the person who found this- Kudos.

Again haha the LSAC puts the sources of all their articles on the last page of the exam

PrincetonBound

Postby PrincetonBound » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Checking in! Retaker from the June LSAT. Didn't think this one was significantly harder or easier.

luuma wrote:
941law wrote:luuma, has anyone with 2 LG's also posted about these balls Image you speak of?

LOL @ quagmire smilie. Thanks I really needed that laugh.

No, no one else has. I'm waiting. Because now I really can't decide if I should cancel or not.. This sucks.

Luuma, I know this probably doesn't help, but I specifically remember a question about those same brightly colored balls on the June test...

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:42 pm

LSAC always uses published material for their science passages. Always. I'm pretty sure they do the same for other topics, too.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Luuma,

You need to contact LSAC about it before you cancel. If you're POSITIVE the games section was some screw up you owe it to yourself and your score to follow up with LSAC on it and see if they can do anything about it

jjlee

Postby jjlee » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:47 pm

lsacqueen wrote:Can anyone explain why they chose the curve that they did for the poll? How did this test compare with the last year's tests? I took the December '11 exam and most people were saying the LG was easy, LR average, and RC was exceptionally difficult, and the curve ended up being -14 though most of us on TLS predicted -12.

This time it seems like most people think the LG were normal/harder, LR average, and RC easy - and most people think the curve will be -11 or -12. Thoughts?

Also, I can't find any curve info for Feb tests - is it out there anywhere, or hidden because it's an undisclosed test?

This is fact and was the real RG, I ONLY HAD ONE. SUCKS!

luuma

Postby luuma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Nick18 wrote:
luuma wrote:Ok thank you both for you prompt responses.. Sadly, I am *positive* there was a game about balls of different colors that was the last one in the section with pets to apartments and law firm interviews. If anyone else here has gotten two logic games, please let me know so I can figure this out. I'm starting to think my exam was an anomaly. :?

That's very strange. I had two LG sections. The one that I had that everyone is saying is real had 1. law student arrangement, 2. short/long commercials 3. pet owner/apartments, 4. Wed afternoon, friday morning, friday afternoon.

Did you have one or two games sections?

Do you remember which ones were on your experimental?

CalamityJen

Postby CalamityJen » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:51 pm

luuma wrote:
Nick18 wrote:
luuma wrote:Ok thank you both for you prompt responses.. Sadly, I am *positive* there was a game about balls of different colors that was the last one in the section with pets to apartments and law firm interviews. If anyone else here has gotten two logic games, please let me know so I can figure this out. I'm starting to think my exam was an anomaly. :?

That's very strange. I had two LG sections. The one that I had that everyone is saying is real had 1. law student arrangement, 2. short/long commercials 3. pet owner/apartments, 4. Wed afternoon, friday morning, friday afternoon.

I had two LG sections, too. There was a game about scheduling/reserved seating for sporting events...still trying to recall the others after much chardonnay...

jjlee

Postby jjlee » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:54 pm

luuma wrote:
Nick18 wrote:

The long commercial, Wed afternoon Friday etc is real, only LG section I had

CalamityJen

Postby CalamityJen » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:56 pm

luuma wrote:
Nick18 wrote:

There was one about nonstop and layover flights, too...

Nick18

Postby Nick18 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:00 pm

luuma wrote:
Nick18 wrote:

Trying to think. I remember feeling very good about it; I found them all to be pretty easy. I remember one that required you to arrange 5 parks or something into seven spaces, and, without getting too specific, there were rules about having the same park being in two spots. (I.E. 1st and 7th, that nature) There was another one where there were six elements that had to be put into three days and two elements went for each day. QNPWT were some of the elements. There was another game that was a selection game (if this is in, this is out; if blank is out, then blank must be in). the last game I am forgetting. Did anyone else have this experimental section?

jigglebottom

Postby jigglebottom » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:11 pm

That people thought the logic games were difficult is concerning....makes me think there is a possibility that I just burned through them, missing many problems without knowing it... I had the cat one, commercials, work schedule, and a random ordering one (Is this TMI? Not sure what the deal is with LSAC etiquette) ... I thought they were totally doable! I'm not particularly better at games either. Also, I have no idea which of my two LRs ended up being the experimental. I kinda wish my experimental was a games section. LRs burn me out!

jjlee

Postby jjlee » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:19 pm

jigglebottom wrote:That people thought the logic games were difficult is concerning....makes me think there is a possibility that I just burned through them, missing many problems without knowing it... I had the cat one, commercials, work schedule, and a random ordering one (Is this TMI? Not sure what the deal is with LSAC etiquette) ... I thought they were totally doable! I'm not particularly better at games either. Also, I have no idea which of my two LRs ended up being the experimental. I kinda wish my experimental was a games section. LRs burn me out!

My issue wasn't that I felt it was difficult. I felt i was stumped for no apparent reason on the first question and it completely through me off. It was sequencing I usually kill those. Not sure why it stumped me. Weird.

luuma

Postby luuma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:21 pm

jigglebottom wrote:That people thought the logic games were difficult is concerning....makes me think there is a possibility that I just burned through them, missing many problems without knowing it... I had the cat one, commercials, work schedule, and a random ordering one (Is this TMI? Not sure what the deal is with LSAC etiquette) ... I thought they were totally doable! I'm not particularly better at games either. Also, I have no idea which of my two LRs ended up being the experimental. I kinda wish my experimental was a games section. LRs burn me out!

Commercials..? Long and short ones? Were these you just mentioned all in one section? Nvm. I just read your post over. I'm too anxious about this whole thing, sorry.

jigglebottom

Postby jigglebottom » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:25 pm

jjlee wrote:

My issue wasn't that I felt it was difficult. I felt i was stumped for no apparent reason on the first question and it completely through me off. It was sequencing I usually kill those. Not sure why it stumped me. Weird.

Interesting. I actually started with the last game for some odd reason (commercials)..looked easy after a shallow glance. I did all the games in reverse, I have never done that before. I actually was stumped during LR in my first sections. did this stupid thing where I did the first 15 then worked my way back from 25 to 16.... terrible idea. "worked" in practice though.

jjlee

Postby jjlee » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:28 pm

jigglebottom wrote:
jjlee wrote:

Interesting. I actually started with the last game for some odd reason (commercials)..looked easy after a shallow glance. I did all the games in reverse, I have never done that before. I actually was stumped during LR in my first sections. did this stupid thing where I did the first 15 then worked my way back from 25 to 16.... terrible idea. "worked" in practice though.

Should have done the back to front of those. Would have been on a roll and figured it out. Think I was nervous spent over 10 mins on the first. At first glance I should be able to do it in 6 mins. Crazy

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:36 pm

jjlee wrote:
jigglebottom wrote:
jjlee wrote:

Should have done the back to front of those. Would have been on a roll and figured it out. Think I was nervous spent over 10 mins on the first. At first glance I should be able to do it in 6 mins. Crazy

I spent ten minutes on that game too... For a first question seq it was tough time wise, Lot of options, few deductions...too much trial and error, fortunately I did the Wed/Friday in like 4.5 minutes and helped balance it out. I really didnt destroy the games, the lack of any selection game really sucks on time...I truly think we're gonna see a friendly curve.

CalamityJen

Postby CalamityJen » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:45 pm

luuma wrote:
Commercials..? Long and short ones? Were these you just mentioned all in one section? Nvm. I just read your post over. I'm too anxious about this whole thing, sorry.

Yes, the consensus is that the real LG section consisted of games about commercials, apartments/pet owners (aka "cats"), interviews, and an otherwise nondescript sequencing game.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:48 pm

CalamityJen wrote:
luuma wrote:

Yes, the consensus is that the real LG section consisted of games about commercials, apartments/pet owners (aka "cats"), interviews, and a lettered sequencing game.

Lol @ cats...funny how as a group everyone just changed the game to cats... Wish we could change the real test like that... "ok guys, we're changing pets to cats, and also, instead of matching them, we just have to spell "cat".. Notify lsac!"

bjokay

Postby bjokay » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:20 pm

I took the test in Guam and literally had a COMPLETELY test from the ones are all talking about. I did have an rc on Rawls, which I think was the exper. Does lsac administer different tests in diff time zones?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”