February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
42
24%
161-162
11
6%
163-164
18
10%
165-166
15
9%
167-168
16
9%
169-170
10
6%
171-172
22
13%
173-174
14
8%
175-176
6
3%
177+
19
11%
 
Total votes: 173

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Clearly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:40 pm

maxmartin wrote:only one LG has Wednesday, Friday morning and afternoon, but no movies.


luuma wrote:Ummm... okay this is weird.

Did anyone get TWO logic games? Everyone here is posting about getting two LR or LC.. but mine went like this -


LG (hard as balls) LR, LG (easy, please god tell me this one was real), RC, LR

Did anyone get a logic game about movies.. and their order... like horror and sci-fi? (this is the one I'm hoping was the real LG)
I'm almost sure if my memory serves me right.. that this one also had a game about Wednesday, Friday, Friday (which the original poster talked about).. but I want to be double sure.
What were the logic games people who didn't have two of, about?
I'm hoping the experimental one was about balls. white, green and red. Did anyone get this one?!
...semi-freaking out.
This is killing me now. What if something was wrong with my exam?

Also both of my LR had no more than 25 questions... Both LG had 23 questions and I think the RC had 27. Usually I have a LR with 26 questions on my practice tests...

Thanks in advance!



A few pages back I posted the four real games.
Sequencing HMJKLP
Pets to apartments
Short commercial long commercial
Wed morning friday afternoon friday morning matching

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:41 pm

thomasjmai22 wrote:Is anyone completely clueless about what they think they did?


Yeah I really have no clue. There's probably a 10 point range that if you told me that was score, I'd entirely believe you.

User avatar
lsacqueen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby lsacqueen » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Can anyone explain why they chose the curve that they did for the poll? How did this test compare with the last year's tests? I took the December '11 exam and most people were saying the LG was easy, LR average, and RC was exceptionally difficult, and the curve ended up being -14 though most of us on TLS predicted -12.

This time it seems like most people think the LG were normal/harder, LR average, and RC easy - and most people think the curve will be -11 or -12. Thoughts?

Also, I can't find any curve info for Feb tests - is it out there anywhere, or hidden because it's an undisclosed test?

User avatar
luuma
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:04 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby luuma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
maxmartin wrote:only one LG has Wednesday, Friday morning and afternoon, but no movies.


luuma wrote:Ummm... okay this is weird.

Did anyone get TWO logic games? Everyone here is posting about getting two LR or LC.. but mine went like this -


LG (hard as balls) LR, LG (easy, please god tell me this one was real), RC, LR

Did anyone get a logic game about movies.. and their order... like horror and sci-fi? (this is the one I'm hoping was the real LG)
I'm almost sure if my memory serves me right.. that this one also had a game about Wednesday, Friday, Friday (which the original poster talked about).. but I want to be double sure.
What were the logic games people who didn't have two of, about?
I'm hoping the experimental one was about balls. white, green and red. Did anyone get this one?!
...semi-freaking out.
This is killing me now. What if something was wrong with my exam?

Also both of my LR had no more than 25 questions... Both LG had 23 questions and I think the RC had 27. Usually I have a LR with 26 questions on my practice tests...

Thanks in advance!



A few pages back I posted the four real games.
Sequencing HMJKLP
Pets to apartments
Short commercial long commercial
Wed morning friday afternoon friday morning matching



...Wow, well here goes my cancellation notice.. How are you certain of this?

Nick18
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Nick18 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Does anyone know the process in which the curve is calculated? Is it based on how the whole test taking population does on average? Or is the curve already determined by LSAC before the exam is distributed?

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Nick18 wrote:Does anyone know the process in which the curve is calculated? Is it based on how the whole test taking population does on average? Or is the curve already determined by LSAC before the exam is distributed?


There's a clusterf*** of info. As far as I know, the curve is predetermined by how previous test takers do on the sections when they were experimental.

Don't quote me on that.

User avatar
luuma
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:04 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby luuma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
maxmartin wrote:only one LG has Wednesday, Friday morning and afternoon, but no movies.


luuma wrote:Ummm... okay this is weird.

Did anyone get TWO logic games? Everyone here is posting about getting two LR or LC.. but mine went like this -


LG (hard as balls) LR, LG (easy, please god tell me this one was real), RC, LR

Did anyone get a logic game about movies.. and their order... like horror and sci-fi? (this is the one I'm hoping was the real LG)
I'm almost sure if my memory serves me right.. that this one also had a game about Wednesday, Friday, Friday (which the original poster talked about).. but I want to be double sure.
What were the logic games people who didn't have two of, about?
I'm hoping the experimental one was about balls. white, green and red. Did anyone get this one?!
...semi-freaking out.
This is killing me now. What if something was wrong with my exam?

Also both of my LR had no more than 25 questions... Both LG had 23 questions and I think the RC had 27. Usually I have a LR with 26 questions on my practice tests...

Thanks in advance!



A few pages back I posted the four real games.
Sequencing HMJKLP
Pets to apartments
Short commercial long commercial
Wed morning friday afternoon friday morning matching


Wait a minute. Sorry to double-post..

But the first game I had (which you say isthe real one).. with Pets to Apartments and Short Long Commercial DEFINITELY had a game at the end about balls that were red, white and green.

User avatar
beebela
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby beebela » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:53 pm

lsacqueen wrote:Can anyone explain why they chose the curve that they did for the poll? How did this test compare with the last year's tests? I took the December '11 exam and most people were saying the LG was easy, LR average, and RC was exceptionally difficult, and the curve ended up being -14 though most of us on TLS predicted -12.

This time it seems like most people think the LG were normal/harder, LR average, and RC easy - and most people think the curve will be -11 or -12. Thoughts?

Also, I can't find any curve info for Feb tests - is it out there anywhere, or hidden because it's an undisclosed test?

Bingo.

maxmartin
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby maxmartin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:55 pm

I am certain, that is what i got for the only LG

luuma wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
maxmartin wrote:only one LG has Wednesday, Friday morning and afternoon, but no movies.


luuma wrote:Ummm... okay this is weird.

Did anyone get TWO logic games? Everyone here is posting about getting two LR or LC.. but mine went like this -


LG (hard as balls) LR, LG (easy, please god tell me this one was real), RC, LR

Did anyone get a logic game about movies.. and their order... like horror and sci-fi? (this is the one I'm hoping was the real LG)
I'm almost sure if my memory serves me right.. that this one also had a game about Wednesday, Friday, Friday (which the original poster talked about).. but I want to be double sure.
What were the logic games people who didn't have two of, about?
I'm hoping the experimental one was about balls. white, green and red. Did anyone get this one?!
...semi-freaking out.
This is killing me now. What if something was wrong with my exam?

Also both of my LR had no more than 25 questions... Both LG had 23 questions and I think the RC had 27. Usually I have a LR with 26 questions on my practice tests...

Thanks in advance!



A few pages back I posted the four real games.
Sequencing HMJKLP
Pets to apartments
Short commercial long commercial
Wed morning friday afternoon friday morning matching



...Wow, well here goes my cancellation notice.. How are you certain of this?

User avatar
941law
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby 941law » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:56 pm

luuma wrote:
Wait a minute. Sorry to double-post..

But the first game I had (which you say isthe real one).. with Pets to Apartments and Short Long Commercial DEFINITELY had a game at the end about balls that were red, white and green.



The above comment about pet-owners, law firm interviews, etc was the ONLY LG section I had.

User avatar
beebela
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby beebela » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:57 pm

941law wrote:
luuma wrote:
Wait a minute. Sorry to double-post..

But the first game I had (which you say isthe real one).. with Pets to Apartments and Short Long Commercial DEFINITELY had a game at the end about balls that were red, white and green.



The above comment about pet-owners, law firm interviews, etc was the ONLY LG section I had.

Same, I didn't have any games about red/white/green balls.

rickitick
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby rickitick » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:59 pm

beebela wrote:
941law wrote:
luuma wrote:
Wait a minute. Sorry to double-post..

But the first game I had (which you say isthe real one).. with Pets to Apartments and Short Long Commercial DEFINITELY had a game at the end about balls that were red, white and green.



The above comment about pet-owners, law firm interviews, etc was the ONLY LG section I had.

Same, I didn't have any games about red/white/green balls.

Same

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby FinallyGoing » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:00 pm

beebela wrote:
941law wrote:
luuma wrote:
Wait a minute. Sorry to double-post..

But the first game I had (which you say isthe real one).. with Pets to Apartments and Short Long Commercial DEFINITELY had a game at the end about balls that were red, white and green.



The above comment about pet-owners, law firm interviews, etc was the ONLY LG section I had.

Same, I didn't have any games about red/white/green balls.


Same.

Nick18
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Nick18 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:00 pm

beebela wrote:
941law wrote:
luuma wrote:
Wait a minute. Sorry to double-post..

But the first game I had (which you say isthe real one).. with Pets to Apartments and Short Long Commercial DEFINITELY had a game at the end about balls that were red, white and green.



The above comment about pet-owners, law firm interviews, etc was the ONLY LG section I had.

Same, I didn't have any games about red/white/green balls.



How sure are you that the game with pet owners in apartments and short/long commercials also had a game about red/white/green balls?

User avatar
luuma
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:04 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby luuma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Ok thank you both for you prompt responses.. Sadly, I am *positive* there was a game about balls of different colors that was the last one in the section with pets to apartments and law firm interviews. If anyone else here has gotten two logic games, please let me know so I can figure this out. I'm starting to think my exam was an anomaly. :?

Nick18
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Nick18 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:03 pm

luuma wrote:Ok thank you both for you prompt responses.. Sadly, I am *positive* there was a game about balls of different colors that was the last one in the section with pets to apartments and law firm interviews. If anyone else here has gotten two logic games, please let me know so I can figure this out. I'm starting to think my exam was an anomaly. :?



That's very strange. I had two LG sections. The one that I had that everyone is saying is real had 1. law student arrangement, 2. short/long commercials 3. pet owner/apartments, 4. Wed afternoon, friday morning, friday afternoon.

Did you have one or two games sections?

Ronburgandy2468
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:49 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Ronburgandy2468 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:07 pm

luuma wrote:Ok thank you both for you prompt responses.. Sadly, I am *positive* there was a game about balls of different colors that was the last one in the section with pets to apartments and law firm interviews. If anyone else here has gotten two logic games, please let me know so I can figure this out. I'm starting to think my exam was an anomaly. :?


I'm sorry to say Luuma, but your test was an anomaly. LSAC likes to be unpredictable ... sometimes in a very frustrating way lol (for us).
But yes, the real LG had the W F(pm) F(am) and the Pets. I say this because, for me as well, that was the ONLY LG that I had.
Hey, many people found it to be quite challenging so, don't worry about it too much.


Aside from that, are the icons going to go grey for the Feb LSATs as well?

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Clearly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:08 pm

luuma wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
maxmartin wrote:only one LG has Wednesday, Friday morning and afternoon, but no movies.


luuma wrote:Ummm... okay this is weird.

Did anyone get TWO logic games? Everyone here is posting about getting two LR or LC.. but mine went like this -


LG (hard as balls) LR, LG (easy, please god tell me this one was real), RC, LR

Did anyone get a logic game about movies.. and their order... like horror and sci-fi? (this is the one I'm hoping was the real LG)
I'm almost sure if my memory serves me right.. that this one also had a game about Wednesday, Friday, Friday (which the original poster talked about).. but I want to be double sure.
What were the logic games people who didn't have two of, about?
I'm hoping the experimental one was about balls. white, green and red. Did anyone get this one?!
...semi-freaking out.
This is killing me now. What if something was wrong with my exam?

Also both of my LR had no more than 25 questions... Both LG had 23 questions and I think the RC had 27. Usually I have a LR with 26 questions on my practice tests...

Thanks in advance!



A few pages back I posted the four real games.
Sequencing HMJKLP
Pets to apartments
Short commercial long commercial
Wed morning friday afternoon friday morning matching



...Wow, well here goes my cancellation notice.. How are you certain of this?


Only had 1 logic game. If you'd like to test my memory, PM me, il send you the rules for them all

User avatar
luuma
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:04 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby luuma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Nick18 wrote:
luuma wrote:Ok thank you both for you prompt responses.. Sadly, I am *positive* there was a game about balls of different colors that was the last one in the section with pets to apartments and law firm interviews. If anyone else here has gotten two logic games, please let me know so I can figure this out. I'm starting to think my exam was an anomaly. :?



That's very strange. I had two LG sections. The one that I had that everyone is saying is real had 1. law student arrangement, 2. short/long commercials 3. pet owner/apartments, 4. Wed afternoon, friday morning, friday afternoon.

Did you have one or two games sections?



Yes I did! :( What were your experimental/second LG games about?

Nick18
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Nick18 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Ronburgandy2468 wrote:
luuma wrote:Ok thank you both for you prompt responses.. Sadly, I am *positive* there was a game about balls of different colors that was the last one in the section with pets to apartments and law firm interviews. If anyone else here has gotten two logic games, please let me know so I can figure this out. I'm starting to think my exam was an anomaly. :?


I'm sorry to say Luuma, but your test was an anomaly. LSAC likes to be unpredictable ... sometimes in a very frustrating way lol (for us).
But yes, the real LG had the W F(pm) F(am) and the Pets. I say this because, for me as well, that was the ONLY LG that I had.
Hey, many people found it to be quite challenging so, don't worry about it too much.


Aside from that, are the icons going to go grey for the Feb LSATs as well?



How can a test be an anomaly? Apparently strange things happen during the undisclosed February exam. :/

User avatar
941law
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby 941law » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:12 pm

luuma, has anyone with 2 LG's also posted about these balls Image you speak of?

User avatar
LSATDecimator
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby LSATDecimator » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:14 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
ross1004 wrote:Do you guys think it will have a generous or ungenerous curve? Also, what did you think of the games section?


Thought the game section was the hardest overall. One of the LR was harder than average, one was about average, and one was much easier (but I'm almost sure this was my experimental), and the RC was super easy. I think that it will be a -11 or -12 curve



I agree with you on the difficult LR section, it was about the most difficult I have seen yet, even after having taken 32 PT's -- I was probably hurt on that one. As for the rest of the test, I found it ranging between moderate and easy. My experimental was in RC.

User avatar
941law
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby 941law » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:15 pm

AP: BREAKING: Publicist Kristen Foster says singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48

User avatar
luuma
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:04 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby luuma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:17 pm

941law wrote:luuma, has anyone with 2 LG's also posted about these balls Image you speak of?


LOL @ quagmire smilie. Thanks I really needed that laugh.

No, no one else has. I'm waiting. Because now I really can't decide if I should cancel or not.. This sucks.

User avatar
941law
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby 941law » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:19 pm

luuma wrote:
941law wrote:luuma, has anyone with 2 LG's also posted about these balls Image you speak of?


LOL @ quagmire smilie. Thanks I really needed that laugh.

No, no one else has. I'm waiting. Because now I really can't decide if I should cancel or not.. This sucks.


to rephrase, have other posters with 2 LG's today posted yet? Maybe your exp. section was the balls and you're mixing up questions.

Anyway, how'd you do on the other questions (pet-owners)?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: #gobroncos, 34iplaw, Alexandros, cctv, charmonster, EinassA, maybeman, Roddy618, wildquest8200 and 13 guests