February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

Circle Guy

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby Circle Guy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:24 pm

rglifberg wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
rglifberg wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Anyone else officially starting to get nervous? I feel a pit in a stomach.

Yes sir! You have nothing to worry about though, if you're PTing in the 170's. Me on the other hand....

Well what are you aiming for? I mean in my opinion, PTing in the high 170's sort of even puts more pressure on getting a good score. I'll feel like a choked if I don't get at least a 172.

I hear ya man, and I envy you quite a bit lol. I'll be happy with anything over 160, but I'm about 80% sure I'll be retaking in June. LG owned me. I read that you took the Velocity course. How did you like their approach to Games?

Likewise... that damn logic games section haha. Did you have the unfortunate event of having 2 LG sections as well?

rglifberg

Postby rglifberg » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Circle Guy wrote:
Likewise... that damn logic games section haha. Did you have the unfortunate event of having 2 LG sections as well?

Fortunately not lol. I had two RC sections, I completely aced the experimental (of course), and I did decently on the actual RC. But yeah, games definitely owned me lol

LSATDecimator

Postby LSATDecimator » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:29 pm

rglifberg wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Anyone else officially starting to get nervous? I feel a pit in a stomach.

Yes sir! You have nothing to worry about though, if you're PTing in the 170's. Me on the other hand....

I just submitted a 5 page paper, yet it feels like I've competed major thesis papers with more ease. Admittedly, the nerves are beginning to wear....

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:40 pm

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
Love Mad Men, but for the most part Don Draper is a dick. And a coward. At least imo.

I agree he is a dick, but I can't help myself from loving the guy. I think pretty much everyone on the show feels the same way.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri May 31, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

mehereuthere101787

Postby mehereuthere101787 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:01 am

Last edited by mehereuthere101787 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:01 am

rglifberg wrote:Did you like Velocity approach to games?

Yeah I ended up doing a mixture of Velocity and LGB in my approach. I used LGB's set up, but that is really just preference and not really all that important. I loved the way Dave taught logic games. Instead of passively trying to figure out the games, Dave shows how to really attack the games. Just watching him do a few games made me change my approach entirely.

rglifberg

Postby rglifberg » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:07 am

mehereuthere101787 wrote:
rglifberg wrote:
Circle Guy wrote:

Fortunately not lol. I had two RC sections, I completely aced the experimental (of course), and I did decently on the actual RC. But yeah, games definitely owned me lol

How many questions did the RC section u feel you aced have?

I believe 27. I can't really remember what the topics were. I think one had to do with Indians and their methods of farming. I think I got every question right. I was so disappointed when I found out that was the experimental.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 am

anteater1

Postby anteater1 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:17 am

On a completely separate subject, I'm in the midst of possibly my first 24 hour hang-over :?

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:22 am

Kit Cloudkicker

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:27 am

anteater1 wrote:On a completely separate subject, I'm in the midst of possibly my first 24 hour hang-over :?

After a hard night of partying/drinking, when you get home always drink as much water as humanly possible before you pass out. Works like a charm for me. The shitty “hangover” feeling is largely caused by dehydration. My last few drinks at the bar are often bottles of water, just to be safe.

wakka!

Postby wakka! » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:29 am

anteater1 wrote:On a completely separate subject, I'm in the midst of possibly my first 24 hour hang-over :?

I find that no matter how drunk you get, if you drink enough water before you go to sleep, and also as much as you can as soon as you wake up, you really never get a bad hangover (although your stomach might still be really upset depending on what you were drinking). You seriously need to drink like a gallon of water before you pass out though.

Kit Cloudkicker

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 am

wakka! wrote:

I find that no matter how drunk you get, if you drink enough water before you go to sleep, and also as much as you can as soon as you wake up, you really never get a bad hangover (although your stomach might still be really upset depending on what you were drinking). You seriously need to drink like a gallon of water before you pass out though.

Great minds think alike.

anteater1

Postby anteater1 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:34 am

Jsa725 wrote:

...and this is why we should justnkeep this thread alive after we get our scores....TwoTwelveMafia

This thread fucking rocks! Lol, waaaaaay better than those other shitfests

+1

And I normally drink water after a long night of drinking but I blacked out and ended up hitchhiking home. I'm sure it'll make for a good story somewhere down the line but right now I'm just stupid hungover.

mehereuthere101787

Postby mehereuthere101787 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:36 am

Last edited by mehereuthere101787 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

roflmaozedong

Postby roflmaozedong » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:54 am

So what is the range of time for release tomorrow? Like how likely would it be for me to wake up to it at around 10 central?

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 am

roflmaozedong wrote:So what is the range of time for release tomorrow? Like how likely would it be for me to wake up to it at around 10 central?

Rumor is anywhere from 7 am until 6pm or so. Have a fun day refreshing your email!

RodionRaskolnikov

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:59 am

How many questions did the RC section u feel you aced have?[/quote]

I believe 27. I can't really remember what the topics were. I think one had to do with Indians and their methods of farming. I think I got every question right. I was so disappointed when I found out that was the experimental.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the real section had 27 questions..my exp reading sec had 26 so unless both urs had 27 that was the.real one I'm pretty sure...literally just reread the first 10 pgs of this thread to make sure[/quote]

Yea.. the non-exp one had Indian/White farming methods, Bankrupt laws on companies, the debate on how the fossils ended up where they were, and some other one... I better not be banned for this because this is GENERAL and a bunch of ppl already mentioned it before and didn't get any bans. The fossil one was the hardest, followed by bankrupt laws, and the easiest was the indian/white farming where all you had to do was pick the most anti-white/pro-indian answer.

Forgot the 4th one.

rglifberg

Postby rglifberg » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:05 am

Yeah the fossil one was definitely the hardest
Last edited by rglifberg on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

wakka!

Postby wakka! » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:06 am

RodionRaskolnikov wrote:

Fortunately not lol. I had two RC sections, I completely aced the experimental (of course), and I did decently on the actual RC. But yeah, games definitely owned me lol[/quot[/quote
How many questions did the RC section u feel you aced have?[/quote

I believe 27. I can't really remember what the topics were. I think one had to do with Indians and their methods of farming. I think I got every question right. I was so disappointed when I found out that was the experimental.[/quote

I'm pretty sure the real section had 27 questions..my exp reading sec had 26 so unless both urs had 27 that was the.real one I'm pretty sure...literally just reread the first 10 pgs of this thread to make sure

Yea.. the non-exp one had Indian/White farming methods, Bankrupt laws on companies, the debate on how the fossils ended up where they were, and some other one... I better not be banned for this because this is GENERAL and a bunch of ppl already mentioned it before and didn't get any bans. The fossil one was the hardest, followed by bankrupt laws, and the easiest was the indian/white farming where all you had to do was pick the most anti-white/pro-indian answer.

Forgot the 4th one.

farming, bankruptcy, comparative tax subsidies for art (pro and con), and fossils found in sand.
I only had one RC so those were definitely the topics. And there were 27 questions.

I believe it was given in that order. And I really didn't find any of them to be more than average difficulty. In past practice tests I never seem to completely understand sections that start with "XXXXXX Person, who was of XXXX decent, refined the field of literature/poetry/art/etc by doing x and y whereas others only did x or y,..." or whatever. For some reason I read those and can't focus on them; I just think who the fuck cares at all about this garbage?

RodionRaskolnikov

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:10 am

wakka! wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:

Fortunately not lol. I had two RC sections, I completely aced the experimental (of course), and I did decently on the actual RC. But yeah, games definitely owned me lol[/quot[/quote

I believe 27. I can't really remember what the topics were. I think one had to do with Indians and their methods of farming. I think I got every question right. I was so disappointed when I found out that was the experimental.[/quote

I'm pretty sure the real section had 27 questions..my exp reading sec had 26 so unless both urs had 27 that was the.real one I'm pretty sure...literally just reread the first 10 pgs of this thread to make sure

Forgot the 4th one.

farming, bankruptcy, comparative tax subsidies for art (pro and con), and fossils found in sand.
I only had one RC so those were definitely the topics. And there were 27 questions.

I believe it was given in that order. And I really didn't find any of them to be more than average difficulty. In past practice tests I never seem to completely understand sections that start with "XXXXXX Person, who was of XXXX decent, refined the field of literature/poetry/art/etc by doing x and y whereas others only did x or y,..." or whatever. For some reason I read those and can't focus on them; I just think who the fuck cares at all about this garbage?

Yea you're right. The tax subsidies were hard though.. that was the compare one and they seemed to agree vaguely (sp?) but then oppose on more specific terms and the questions were killer..

rglifberg

Postby rglifberg » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:12 am

RodionRaskolnikov wrote:
wakka! wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:

Forgot the 4th one.

Yea you're right. The tax subsidies were hard though.. that was the compare one and they seemed to agree vaguely (sp?) but then oppose on more specific terms and the questions were killer..

i agree

wakka!

Postby wakka! » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:15 am

RodionRaskolnikov wrote:
wakka! wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:

Forgot the 4th one.

I don't know why but I find that if the reading topic is something I'm at least somewhat familiar with, it is a lot easier for me. Being an business major I know all about taxes, bankruptcy, subsidies, etc. so for me personally I didn't think it was that hard. When I read something about a topic i have no prior knowledge of or exposure to, I find it difficult to focus on and sometimes I miss the overall point and stuff.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:16 am

anteater1 wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:

...and this is why we should justnkeep this thread alive after we get our scores....TwoTwelveMafia

This thread fucking rocks! Lol, waaaaaay better than those other shitfests

+1

And I normally drink water after a long night of drinking but I blacked out and ended up hitchhiking home. I'm sure it'll make for a good story somewhere down the line but right now I'm just stupid hungover.

Drink a lot of water while you drink. Never get hangovers. Ever.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”