February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

ratner

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby ratner » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Or maybe they've downsized for economic reasons and have fewer employees now? All I know is I want my score!

ratner

Postby ratner » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Also, just curious, how did you guys prepare for the LSAT? Did you teach yourself from a book? If so, which ones? Or did you invest in some fancy tutoring? I feel like my preparations were meager compared to my peers on this forum. I just took a free proctored PT my freshman year without studying (scored 168), and then used Kaplan's LSAT Advanced: Your Only Guide to a 180 to work on timing and the LSAC PT. Maybe if I get an unsatisfactory score this time I'll invest more time/money in books or tutoring.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:42 pm

ratner wrote:Also, just curious, how did you guys prepare for the LSAT? Did you teach yourself from a book? If so, which ones? Or did you invest in some fancy tutoring? I feel like my preparations were meager compared to my peers on this forum. I just took a free proctored PT my freshman year without studying (scored 168), and then used Kaplan's LSAT Advanced: Your Only Guide to a 180 to work on timing and the LSAC PT. Maybe if I get an unsatisfactory score this time I'll invest more time/money in books or tutoring.

I did the Logic Games Bible, the Velocity course, then did about 30 practice tests, and a lot of drilling by quesiton type that I bought off Cambridge LSAT.

My first diagnostic was a 164 (with a -11 logic games though). If your diagnostic was at 168 I'd recommend just drilling the shit out of LG and getting consistently -2 or less, then drill LG and LR with a PT or two every week. You'd probably only need 4-5 weeks to really get prepared.

If my score comes out how I want (need) tomorrow and I don't need to retake, I have access to about $250 dollars worth of stuff from Cambridge LSAT (they give you a certain number of page views to a PDF link) that I could send your way if you want to retake.

ratner

Postby ratner » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:52 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
ratner wrote:Also, just curious, how did you guys prepare for the LSAT? Did you teach yourself from a book? If so, which ones? Or did you invest in some fancy tutoring? I feel like my preparations were meager compared to my peers on this forum. I just took a free proctored PT my freshman year without studying (scored 168), and then used Kaplan's LSAT Advanced: Your Only Guide to a 180 to work on timing and the LSAC PT. Maybe if I get an unsatisfactory score this time I'll invest more time/money in books or tutoring.

I did the Logic Games Bible, the Velocity course, then did about 30 practice tests, and a lot of drilling by quesiton type that I bought off Cambridge LSAT.

My first diagnostic was a 164 (with a -11 logic games though). If your diagnostic was at 168 I'd recommend just drilling the shit out of LG and getting consistently -2 or less, then drill LG and LR with a PT or two every week. You'd probably only need 4-5 weeks to really get prepared.

If my score comes out how I want (need) tomorrow and I don't need to retake, I have access to about $250 dollars worth of stuff from Cambridge LSAT (they give you a certain number of page views to a PDF link) that I could send your way if you want to retake.

Yeah, LG is really the only part that gets me. I was thanking the heavens when I didn't get an experimental LG. LR and RC is a piece of cake, I wouldn't be surprised if the only section I got some wrong is LG (not that we'll ever know...). I just don't have the patience to map it out so I try to ride it bareback, but that takes more time, I think. It never affected me enough for me to study it too hard, which I am now regretting in my current state of anxiety. If my score's less than 173 or maybe 172, I might be interested in the stuff you have on LG.

ratner

Postby ratner » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Also, did you guys find the LG to be relatively easy? Usually for me, I can ace it or I get muddled up with all the details but the section on the Feb test didn't seem too bad. I ran out of time and had to guess on one or two though.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:58 pm

ratner wrote:Also, did you guys find the LG to be relatively easy? Usually for me, I can ace it or I get muddled up with all the details but the section on the Feb test didn't seem too bad. I ran out of time and had to guess on one or two though.

Yeah exact samesies. I had to guess on one at the end, but I didn't think I did too awful. I'd be surprised if I got worse than -3.

Kit Cloudkicker

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:03 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
ratner wrote:Also, did you guys find the LG to be relatively easy? Usually for me, I can ace it or I get muddled up with all the details but the section on the Feb test didn't seem too bad. I ran out of time and had to guess on one or two though.

Yeah exact samesies. I had to guess on one at the end, but I didn't think I did too awful. I'd be surprised if I got worse than -3.

Alas.... you'll never know.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
Alas.... you'll never know.

Never with certainty, but if my score dips below 170 it's pretty safe to assume I bombed LG.

unitball

Postby unitball » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Anyone think we'll make it to 50 pages by Monday?

guys?

ross1004

Postby ross1004 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Really wish I had a time machine right now.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:43 pm

ross1004 wrote:Really wish I had a time machine right now.

Eh, withing 24 hours we will all have our scores. I'm definitely nervous now about what my score will be, but I don't feel that anxiety anymore about needing to get my score. It will be here soon enough :|

ratner

Postby ratner » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:48 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
ross1004 wrote:Really wish I had a time machine right now.

Eh, withing 24 hours we will all have our scores. I'm definitely nervous now about what my score will be, but I don't feel that anxiety anymore about needing to get my score. It will be here soon enough :|

Agreed. I've exhausted my capacity for the anxious itch.

Kit Cloudkicker

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Random…. But thanks to whoever recommended “Breaking Bad.” Watched the entire first season today. Great show; definitely making the wait a lot easier.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:Random…. But thanks to whoever recommended “Breaking Bad.” Watched the entire first season today. Great show; definitely making the wait a lot easier.

It's so good. All four season are easily accessible online too. I watched the first season of Mad Men and fell in love with that show. Is right up there with Dexter, Breaking Bad, and a couple others in my opinion.

Kit Cloudkicker

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:09 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
Kit Cloudkicker wrote:Random…. But thanks to whoever recommended “Breaking Bad.” Watched the entire first season today. Great show; definitely making the wait a lot easier.

It's so good. All four season are easily accessible online too. I watched the first season of Mad Men and fell in love with that show. Is right up there with Dexter, Breaking Bad, and a couple others in my opinion.

Ya. I'm a big fan of Mad Men too. The new season starts soon. Crazy.... I absolutely HATE watching TV, but I often find myself randomly addicted to shows online. Damn you Netflix.

wakka!

Postby wakka! » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Breaking Bad is awesome. It's pretty believable and the acting is great.

I just hope they don't ruin it by extending it too long. It's already 4 seasons in; I think they should end it after another season or two and make sure it's a well written ending.

I love Dexter also but I feel like they're trying to stretch it out too much and the story line gets a little dumb sometimes. The first two seasons of Dexter were amazing, the third one with Miguel Prada was ehh, the fourth one with the Trinity Killer was great. The Lumen storyline wasn't too great, and I thought this past season was pretty terrible up to the finale. I think that show also should end after another season or two otherwise they are probably going to ruin it, you know?

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:17 pm

wakka! wrote:

I just hope they don't ruin it by extending it too long. It's already 4 seasons in; I think they should end it after another season or two and make sure it's a well written ending.

I love Dexter also but I feel like they're trying to stretch it out too much and the story line gets a little dumb sometimes. The first two seasons of Dexter were amazing, the third one with Miguel Prada was ehh, the fourth one with the Trinity Killer was great. The Lumen storyline wasn't too great, and I thought this past season was pretty terrible up to the finale. I think that show also should end after another season or two otherwise they are probably going to ruin it, you know?

You know what is interesting about Breaking Bad? I love the show but I hate almost all of the characters. At times I like Jesse, but then he ruins it by being a depressed punk. At time I like Walter, but then he is sociopath who treats everyone around him like shit. Skylar is a bitch. Walter Jr. pisses me off. Marie is psychotic. Most of the time I like Hank, but last season when he was being a little bitch and wouldn't get out of bed he was annoying. Idk, it's just interesting that there isn't really a super likable protagonist like there is in most shows. Like I love Don Draper and Dexter (despite their faults).

wakka!

Postby wakka! » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:21 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
wakka! wrote:

You know what is interesting about Breaking Bad? I love the show but I hate almost all of the characters. At times I like Jesse, but then he ruins it by being a depressed punk. At time I like Walter, but then he is sociopath who treats everyone around him like shit. Skylar is a bitch. Walter Jr. pisses me off. Marie is psychotic. Most of the time I like Hank, but last season when he was being a little bitch and wouldn't get out of bed he was annoying. Idk, it's just interesting that there isn't really a super likable protagonist like there is in most shows. Like I love Don Draper and Dexter (despite their faults).

Did you watch "American Horror Story"? That's how I felt about that show; I just hated every character and wanted them all to die (and I got my wish!).

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm

wakka! wrote:

Did you watch "American Horror Story"? That's how I felt about that show; I just hated every character and wanted them all to die (and I got my wish!).

I had an interesting relationship with AHS. Fucking loved the first 6 episodes or so. Then something clicked, and I just started thinking the show was worse and worse. I got like midway through the season finale, and I just said fuck it, this show is stupid I'm done haha. I did like Violet though. I would rail that ghost so hard.

wakka!

Postby wakka! » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:24 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
wakka! wrote:

And I used to really like Walt, but he really "broke bad" this season and now I don't know if I'm on his side anymore.

rglifberg

Postby rglifberg » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
rglifberg wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Anyone else officially starting to get nervous? I feel a pit in a stomach.

Yes sir! You have nothing to worry about though, if you're PTing in the 170's. Me on the other hand....

Well what are you aiming for? I mean in my opinion, PTing in the high 170's sort of even puts more pressure on getting a good score. I'll feel like a choked if I don't get at least a 172.

I hear ya man, and I envy you quite a bit lol. I'll be happy with anything over 160, but I'm about 80% sure I'll be retaking in June. LG owned me. I read that you took the Velocity course. How did you like their approach to Games?

ratner

Postby ratner » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:07 pm

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Dexter... All good. I would also recommend Walking Dead! Surprised no one's mentioned that yet. Entourage is a fun mindless watch. I've also become weirdly into Law and Order: SVU

Kit Cloudkicker

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:11 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
wakka! wrote:

Love Mad Men, but for the most part Don Draper is a dick. And a coward. At least imo.

wakka!

Postby wakka! » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:13 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
wakka! wrote:

I had an interesting relationship with AHS. Fucking loved the first 6 episodes or so. Then something clicked, and I just started thinking the show was worse and worse. I got like midway through the season finale, and I just said fuck it, this show is stupid I'm done haha. I did like Violet though. I would rail that ghost so hard.

Yea she was really cute; but idk here character was kind of a bitch. And the story just went no where it was kind of ridiculous. I wasn't really interested in the whole mystery of the house.

Also a second season of that would be terrible; who would the characters even be? I also thought the acting wasn't even very believable.

mehereuthere101787

Postby mehereuthere101787 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:21 pm

If you want a show to keep your mind off things try prison break...every scene and every episode ends with a cliffhanger to a climactic part...you might even forget to check to see if scores are out for a few hours...maybe not tho haha

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”