February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

Todd Hanson

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Todd Hanson » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Last edited by Todd Hanson on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shempskidd

Postby shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

notaznguy wrote:Just to share my experience.

It was raining when I got to my center, so that wasn't the best way to start out since it was gloomy as hell. There was also a lot of older people. Like, the majority of people were in their late 20s or early 30s. Hardly any current undergrads or 1-2 years out of college kids. There was a few people in their 40s or 50s.

Some conversations interesting to say the least. One guy was wearing his fraternity jacket and some dude in his late 20s walks by and asks him what chapter he was in. The frat guy took like 10 seconds to think about this and realized they were both in the same fraternity. They then proceed to awkwardly shake each other's hands.

Another girl was bragging out loud how she was taking the LSAT for the 3rd time and how she didn't have to pay for them since she got a fee waiver. The guy she was talking to was like, "Well I had to pay for all of mine....and my applications..." and the girl was like "Wow that sucks. I don't know I'd do if I had to do that." What a bitch.

Overall my proctors and test environment were good. Couldn't have been better. It wasn't noisy, distracting, and the proctors timed it right.

My proctor kept getting in and out of his seat, up and down, whenever there was 10-15 minutes left. Every time I assumed he would say "5 minutes left" and would be freaked out at my seemingly horrid pace. Definitely kept me off my game.

Todd Hanson

Postby Todd Hanson » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:24 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:28 pm

My proctors were not very good. Whispered the first 10 min of about every section.... totally got me off my game for the first section. For my last section they didn't call time right....

should I talk to LSAC or is it a waste of time? I don't think they care unless a kid drops dead in class.... but it's just that I feel they could have cost me around 4-5 questions...

Horrible....

mlinz22

Postby mlinz22 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:36 pm

No game in LG was particularly hard and was probably about average overall. First LR was tough. 2nd LR was cake. I guess i am in the minority with thinking RC was challenging. It never seems to matter how I feel about RC though I generally get 4 or 5 wrong everytime regardless. I think the curve will be atleast 12. The general trend with the curve has been an increasingly generous one. Guessing I got anywhere between 165-171. Already applied this year with a 166 from October but if I do well ill apply again next year.

cynthia rose

Postby cynthia rose » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:38 pm

notaznguy wrote:Another girl was bragging out loud how she was taking the LSAT for the 3rd time and how she didn't have to pay for them since she got a fee waiver. The guy she was talking to was like, "Well I had to pay for all of mine....and my applications..." and the girl was like "Wow that sucks. I don't know I'd do if I had to do that." What a bitch.

Oh, I'm supposed to be proud of being so poor that I qualify for a fee waiver? Yes, being flat broke is really brag-worthy! :roll: That girl is a dolt.

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:40 pm

There were a lot of cute girls where I was taking the exam. If some of my future law school classmates look like that, I would probably do bad in LS.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:41 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:My proctors were not very good. Whispered the first 10 min of about every section.... totally got me off my game for the first section. For my last section they didn't call time right....

should I talk to LSAC or is it a waste of time? I don't think they care unless a kid drops dead in class.... but it's just that I feel they could have cost me around 4-5 questions...

Horrible....

I think the most they'll let you do is cancel before you find out what your score was, and retake at no cost.

941law

Postby 941law » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:41 pm

welp.

For those who took it for the 1st time, I highly recommend taking it in June/October (unless u'r starting fall 12'). I was so much more relaxed. The pressure/anxiety was knocked down 90%.

Some girl showed up with a family portrait and her printed ticket. They gave her scissors. :lol:

Kafka

Postby Kafka » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:43 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:There were a lot of cute girls where I was taking the exam. If some of my future law school classmates look like that, I would probably do bad in LS.

I swear I was going to post this: surprising number of cute girls at my testing site.

CA_Girl_333

Postby CA_Girl_333 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:44 pm

CA_Girl_333 wrote:Hey all! I agree that the games were really killer, it definitely hurt my confidence, especially since general consensus is that the curve won't be too generous. :(

Quick question: My friend said he accidentally marked an extra bubble (#26 when the section had only 25 questions) when he was correcting a recording mistake. Is that going to count against his score or will it not be counted?

Anyone have any clue? He is now saying he wants to cancel, I told him just to get it handscored if his score ends up being weird.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Does anyone remember a section or two from the fake RC section?

I'm trying to figure if my first or second RC was real. The first seemed a lot easier...

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:48 pm

CA_Girl_333 wrote:
CA_Girl_333 wrote:Hey all! I agree that the games were really killer, it definitely hurt my confidence, especially since general consensus is that the curve won't be too generous. :(

Quick question: My friend said he accidentally marked an extra bubble (#26 when the section had only 25 questions) when he was correcting a recording mistake. Is that going to count against his score or will it not be counted?

Anyone have any clue? He is now saying he wants to cancel, I told him just to get it handscored if his score ends up being weird.

If I was to take an educated guess, I doubt it would count against his score. But I don't work for LSAC so no clue. You or your "friend" should contact lsac and ask them.

hotspur

Postby hotspur » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:49 pm

CA_Girl_333 wrote:

Well either way it's not worth cancelling over so he should just chill

over9000

Postby over9000 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:51 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:Does anyone remember a section or two from the fake RC section?

I'm trying to figure if my first or second RC was real. The first seemed a lot easier...

multiplayer online games and taxing virtual property is fake

CA_Girl_333

Postby CA_Girl_333 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Were there seriously cats in that apartment LG? Everyone keeps mentioning them, but for the life of me I don't remember a mention of cats.

TIKITEMBO

Postby TIKITEMBO » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Were there seriously cats in that apartment LG? Everyone keeps mentioning them, but for the life of me I don't remember a mention of cats.

Not sure why they are saying cats. It was pets IIRC.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:58 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:Were there seriously cats in that apartment LG? Everyone keeps mentioning them, but for the life of me I don't remember a mention of cats.

Not sure why they are saying cats. It was pets IIRC.

I'm unsure if it was pets or cats. That game effed with me. I'm afraid I was missing a whole rule or something

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 pm

How do you guys keep reading this thread? I felt alright after the test and called my friend and we shared the same feelings about the test.

Upon reading this thread, I'm like now second questioning myself. I felt okay about the games, but now you guys are talking about cats and I'm just like "Oh shit, I don't remember anything about cats."

Then while I thought some sections or questions were hard, others are like "DUDE IT WAS SO EASY."

Ahhh TLS. Can make anyone instantly depressed.

hotspur

Postby hotspur » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:05 pm

notaznguy wrote:How do you guys keep reading this thread? I felt alright after the test and called my friend and we shared the same feelings about the test.

Upon reading this thread, I'm like now second questioning myself. I felt okay about the games, but now you guys are talking about cats and I'm just like "Oh shit, I don't remember anything about cats."

Then while I thought some sections or questions were hard, others are like "DUDE IT WAS SO EASY."

Fortunately cats weren't mentioned anywhere on today's LG. Unfortunately today's cat game was harder than any game in the past year. Correct me if I'm wrong

beebela

Postby beebela » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Before reading these posts, I really didn't think the pets/cats apartment game was that bad but now I'm second guessing myself...

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:10 pm

hotspur wrote:
notaznguy wrote:How do you guys keep reading this thread? I felt alright after the test and called my friend and we shared the same feelings about the test.

Fortunately cats weren't mentioned anywhere on today's LG. Unfortunately today's cat game was harder than any game in the past year. Correct me if I'm wrong

Harder than December 2011. That section was a lob ball with a -14 overall curve and I struck out. :(

hotspur

Postby hotspur » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:15 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
hotspur wrote:

Harder than December 2011. That section was a lob ball with a -14 overall curve and I struck out. :(

Fuck it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp52oY25FW4

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:16 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
hotspur wrote:

I took the Dec 2011 lsat as my final practice exam, and got -2 on the games. I thought the games was very easy. This LSAT games was rather above average in difficulty, with the 1st and last games being very easy. The 3rd one was a tricky one for me, and the 2nd one wasn't exactly easy either.

At least one of the LR was easy and the RC wasn't overly dense.

941law

Postby 941law » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:18 pm

beebela wrote:Before reading these posts, I really didn't think the pets/cats apartment game was that bad but now I'm second guessing myself...

I messed up one rule for a second. 'Pet owners can't live with non-pet owners' made me think "oh ok, all 3 pet owners live in the same apartment then."

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”