February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

Kit Cloudkicker

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Kit Cloudkicker » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:49 am

gronk wrote:It also seemed highly unlikely they would allow them to a) retake the same test b) take the next test early or c) create a unique test for 50 people.

True.

bjokay

Postby bjokay » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:18 am

I don't think the idea of administering a test for 50 people would be a big deal for LSAC to administer. I personally took the test in Guam and my test was totally different from the one that you all took on the mainland. Oddly enough, after cancelling in October AND then underperforming in December I do feel like this one was by far the easiest of the 3. It's almost as if they made our test easier than the one you are all talking about, because I didn't have any of the same complaints. Kind of weird, and maybe that just something they do in February, since they never release the test. I just found it very strange. The only odd thing was that my experimental section (reading comp) was the same one that was identified on this forum, which is the section about Rawl's. My point is they definitely have extra tests on hand that they can administer. Just thought i would share, cuz i found it very odd. I do see why they gave me a different test though, because with the major time difference, this forum was already full of comments about the test for a few hours before I took it. That definitely would have given me an advantage, in terms of knowing the experimental section, and knowing which sections are difficult beforehand, etc. Anyway, i did find it strange that the only section that was the same as the ones you guys took in the mainland was that my RC experimental was the same.

unitball

Postby unitball » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:34 am

bjokay wrote:I don't think the idea of administering a test for 50 people would be a big deal for LSAC to administer. I personally took the test in Guam and my test was totally different from the one that you all took on the mainland. Oddly enough, after cancelling in October AND then underperforming in December I do feel like this one was by far the easiest of the 3. It's almost as if they made our test easier than the one you are all talking about, because I didn't have any of the same complaints. Kind of weird, and maybe that just something they do in February, since they never release the test. I just found it very strange. The only odd thing was that my experimental section (reading comp) was the same one that was identified on this forum, which is the section about Rawl's. My point is they definitely have extra tests on hand that they can administer. Just thought i would share, cuz i found it very odd. I do see why they gave me a different test though, because with the major time difference, this forum was already full of comments about the test for a few hours before I took it. That definitely would have given me an advantage, in terms of knowing the experimental section, and knowing which sections are difficult beforehand, etc. Anyway, i did find it strange that the only section that was the same as the ones you guys took in the mainland was that my RC experimental was the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30YW3wgRvyI

gronk

Postby gronk » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:22 am

Is the last season of the wire really as bad as I've heard? I had been holding off watching it.

ampersand5

Postby ampersand5 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:14 am

SoMad123 wrote:I'm not sure who said it earlier but it actually is true that they lost our scores for this test. Testmasters said that they have never heard of this happening before but apparently LSAC "lost" all 50 of our answer sheets from the test taken at the University of Tampa. It was on the local news this evening and we got an email today telling us that we have an option to "retake" it on Saturday the 10th. Who knows when the schools will get the scores/how this test will be standardized now/where the heck all of our personal information is currently in the universe but needless to say I wish I had already been through law school so I could sue the pants off the LSAC. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here, or would cramming for a week be appropriate considering we haven't looked at it for a month now...

not that I don't believe you, but I would like to see some proof.

SoMad123

Postby SoMad123 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:11 am

Ok investigatigators... Don't think I would take the time to forge this email if it wasn't true. I wish it was just a huge April fools joke but like I said before, it was on the news... And when we called LSAC, they knew exactly what we were referring to so here it is:

RE:  Law School Admission Test (LSAT)

Dear Test Taker:

I am writing regarding a situation relating to the February 11, 2012 Law School Admission Test administered at Test Center #5715, University of Tampa.

As of this date, the answer sheets and test-related documents from that test center have not arrived at the Law School Admission Council. At this point, we have declared the answer sheets to be lost. To protect the integrity of the scores, we will not score these answer sheets even if they are found.

You will be receiving a full refund of your February LSAT registration fee (this does not apply to fee waivers).  In addition, you have the option of taking a make-up test at no additional charge, to be administered on ­­­­­­­­­­­­March 10, 2012.  

If you choose not to take the make-up test, you may retake the LSAT at no additional charge at any of the scheduled administrations in the 2012-2013 testing year. Submit your request by completing the attached form, then sign it and fax it to 215.***.**** or scan and e-mail it to LSACinfo@LSAC.org for receipt at LSAC by March 14, 2012, 5:00 pm (ET).

If you wish to take the make-up test, report to the following address no later than 8:30 am on March 10, 2012:

*Address removed*

To be admitted to the make-up test, you will need to present this letter, proper identification (see LSAC.org), and the required passport-type photo. An admission ticket will be provided to you at the test center.

If you take the make-up test and then decide to cancel your score, your score-cancellation request must be received at LSAC no later than Sunday, March 11, 2012, 11:59 pm (ET).

If you take the make-up test, a letter will be included with all score reports sent to law schools to which you apply. The letter will explain that the score attributed to the February 2012 test administration was earned at a make-up test given on March 10, 2012. The letter will indicate that you were in no way responsible for the delay of your score report.

If you do not take the make-up test, your file will reflect an LSAC cancellation (+) symbol for the February 2012 LSAT. An LSAC cancellation indicates that you took the February 2012 test but LSAC could not report a valid score for that administration because the answer sheets from that test center were lost in transit. A letter will be included with all reports sent to law schools to which you apply. The letter will indicate that you were in no way responsible for the cancellation of your score due to the loss of the answer sheets.

Only one make-up test is being offered so that we can process the answer sheets and provide scores as quickly as possible. We will include a letter in your law school application file explaining why the score was delayed and making sure that the law schools know that it was through no fault of yours. We expect that the scores will be available less than a week after the published score-release date of March 7, 2012.

Loss of answer sheets in transit is an extremely rare occurrence. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes you.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bernstine
President, Law School Admission Council

PBateman1

Postby PBateman1 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:25 am

SoMad123 wrote:Ok investigatigators... Don't think I would take the time to forge this email if it wasn't true. I wish it was just a huge April fools joke but like I said before, it was on the news... And when we called LSAC, they knew exactly what we were referring to so here it is:

Dear Test Taker:

I am writing regarding a situation relating to the February 11, 2012 Law School Admission Test administered at Test Center #5715, University of Tampa.

As of this date, the answer sheets and test-related documents from that test center have not arrived at the Law School Admission Council. At this point, we have declared the answer sheets to be lost. To protect the integrity of the scores, we will not score these answer sheets even if they are found.

You will be receiving a full refund of your February LSAT registration fee (this does not apply to fee waivers).  In addition, you have the option of taking a make-up test at no additional charge, to be administered on ­­­­­­­­­­­­March 10, 2012.  

If you choose not to take the make-up test, you may retake the LSAT at no additional charge at any of the scheduled administrations in the 2012-2013 testing year. Submit your request by completing the attached form, then sign it and fax it to 215.***.**** or scan and e-mail it to LSACinfo@LSAC.org for receipt at LSAC by March 14, 2012, 5:00 pm (ET).

If you wish to take the make-up test, report to the following address no later than 8:30 am on March 10, 2012:

*Address removed*

To be admitted to the make-up test, you will need to present this letter, proper identification (see LSAC.org), and the required passport-type photo. An admission ticket will be provided to you at the test center.

If you take the make-up test and then decide to cancel your score, your score-cancellation request must be received at LSAC no later than Sunday, March 11, 2012, 11:59 pm (ET).

If you take the make-up test, a letter will be included with all score reports sent to law schools to which you apply. The letter will explain that the score attributed to the February 2012 test administration was earned at a make-up test given on March 10, 2012. The letter will indicate that you were in no way responsible for the delay of your score report.

If you do not take the make-up test, your file will reflect an LSAC cancellation (+) symbol for the February 2012 LSAT. An LSAC cancellation indicates that you took the February 2012 test but LSAC could not report a valid score for that administration because the answer sheets from that test center were lost in transit. A letter will be included with all reports sent to law schools to which you apply. The letter will indicate that you were in no way responsible for the cancellation of your score due to the loss of the answer sheets.

Only one make-up test is being offered so that we can process the answer sheets and provide scores as quickly as possible. We will include a letter in your law school application file explaining why the score was delayed and making sure that the law schools know that it was through no fault of yours. We expect that the scores will be available less than a week after the published score-release date of March 7, 2012.

Loss of answer sheets in transit is an extremely rare occurrence. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes you.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bernstine

Are just the retakers scores being delayed or will they hold all the scores until the retakes are done?

yellowbliss

Postby yellowbliss » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:10 pm

gronk wrote:Is the last season of the wire really as bad as I've heard? I had been holding off watching it.

it's no season 1 (my favorite) but it's well worth your time.

on another note, sucks about the Tampa scores if it's true. I don't really see why it would delay our scores but I do wonder how it impacts the curve/standardizing them.

hope you all enjoy your Saturday, a release today seems highly unlikely.

oh and if the Tampa thing is not true, what a bizarre thing to lie about and waste your time on...

zapcaz

Postby zapcaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:20 pm

yellowbliss wrote:
gronk wrote:Is the last season of the wire really as bad as I've heard? I had been holding off watching it.

hope you all enjoy your Saturday, a release today seems highly unlikely.

oh and if the Tampa thing is not true, what a bizarre thing to lie about and waste your time on...

+1

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:33 pm

come on guys, this is a flame.

LSATDecimator

Postby LSATDecimator » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:22 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
gronk wrote:You guys really aren't going to buy the whole "they lost exams in Florida" are you? :roll: Someone post a link, because nothing is popping up on The Google.

Yeah you're right not a peep on google news didn't happen

For something like this to occur it is necessary, although not sufficient, that it be posted on Google.

I say no way.

New Poster.

Flame...

ampersand5

Postby ampersand5 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:10 pm

in 2010, 1:07 is when the icons changed colour.

first score reported at 1:18

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:13 pm

ampersand5 wrote:in 2010, 1:07 is when the icons changed colour.

Yeah the email date on my LSAT status page didn't change yet, it still says 3/7. It's not happening today.

SoMad123

Postby SoMad123 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:21 pm

LSATDecimator wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
gronk wrote:You guys really aren't going to buy the whole "they lost exams in Florida" are you? :roll: Someone post a link, because nothing is popping up on The Google.

Yeah you're right not a peep on google news didn't happen

For something like this to occur it is necessary, although not sufficient, that it be posted on Google.

I say no way.

New Poster.

Flame...

Okay but I'll just think how I told you so when everyone sees it on the news. Silly me I came here to think that someone could give me advice. A lot of help you are.

rglifberg

Postby rglifberg » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:47 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:

Yeah the email date on my LSAT status page didn't change yet, it still says 3/7. It's not happening today.

Do they usually change that when it's coming out?

FinallyGoing

Postby FinallyGoing » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:52 pm

SoMad123 wrote: it was on the news...

Which station?
Last edited by FinallyGoing on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:53 pm

rglifberg wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:

Do they usually change that when it's coming out?

Yeah I think so. Someone who checked the threads from last year said that it did.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:54 pm

FinallyGoing wrote:
SoMad123 wrote: it was on the news...

What station?

You should forward that email to Above the Law, I think that would be something they would love writing about

ross1004

Postby ross1004 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:05 pm

New question. Will the predict the curve poll break 200 votes before we see our scores?

Edit: I say just as it gets replaced with a new poll.
Last edited by ross1004 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:05 pm

ross1004 wrote:New question. Will the predict the curve poll break 200 votes before we see our scores?

LOL haha I literally just changed the poll

ross1004

Postby ross1004 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:06 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
ross1004 wrote:New question. Will the predict the curve poll break 200 votes before we see our scores?

LOL haha I literally just changed the poll

Haha, remarkable timing.

maru

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Postby maru » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Saw the new poll and for a second thought that scores had started going out. :(

beebela

Postby beebela » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:11 pm

maru wrote:Saw the new poll and for a second thought that scores had started going out. :(

Haha same, I was so excited too! Boo.

barrotmartin

Postby barrotmartin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:12 pm

So email date does not change on the day scores are released.

See here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=147462&start=1050#p4118355

wakka!

Postby wakka! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:12 pm

SoMad123 wrote:Ok investigatigators... Don't think I would take the time to forge this email if it wasn't true. I wish it was just a huge April fools joke but like I said before, it was on the news... And when we called LSAC, they knew exactly what we were referring to so here it is:

Dear Test Taker:

*Address removed*

Sincerely,

Daniel Bernstine

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”