February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

noleknight16

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:59 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:Hey, sorry, I read through the first 3 pages of this thread, but I still am wondering....

I had the LR-LG-RC-LR-RC exam.

I am wondering which RC was the real one and which was the fake.

I had a worse time with the second RC. I am hoping that was the trial section because I had to guess on about the last 7, which amounts to a whole passage worth of questions.

Also, just to chime in on the testing conditions.... There were three people total and the two proctors spoke throughout the first 10 minutes of the first section in that "loud whisper" which actually makes it worse than just talking.... Pissed me off. In addition to that, on the second LR section they announced "you now have less than 5 minutes to complete the section." WTF!!! How much time is left!? Who knew? The test takers didn't...

Anyway, could someone chime in on which RC they think was the trial...? I can't remember which section had which passages...

Bankruptcy and art subsidy one was the real RC.

maru

Postby maru » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Got really distracted by whispering proctors right in front of me during my LG section, misbubbled half of it, had to go back to fix it, both of which threw me off a bit... Am very worried :/ Was really hoping that the lectures/birds LG section was the real one. :(
Last edited by maru on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hockeymonster

Postby hockeymonster » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:00 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:Hey, sorry, I read through the first 3 pages of this thread, but I still am wondering....

I had a worse time with the second RC. I am hoping that was the trial section because I had to guess on about the last 7, which amounts to a whole passage worth of questions.

Also, just to chime in on the testing conditions.... There were three people total and the two proctors spoke throughout the first 10 minutes of the first section in that "loud whisper" which actually makes it worse than just talking.... Pissed me off. In addition to that, on the second LR section they announced "you now have less than 5 minutes to complete the section." WTF!!! How much time is left!? Who knew? The test takers didn't...

Anyway, could someone chime in on which RC they think was the trial...? I can't remember which section had which passages...

Jackson vs K in creditors/bankrupcy -- REAL

PS My proct did the 5 min warning for each section. I couldn't thank her enough...

pedestrian

Postby pedestrian » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Last edited by pedestrian on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hockeymonster

Postby hockeymonster » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Sandstone and Dinosaurs and Mud was real too

shempskidd

Postby shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:03 pm

pedestrian wrote:The kid in front of me tried to leave when they passed out the writing sample. When they said he had to wait until it was over, he muttered "They don't read it anyway" and put his head down.

Has a school ever been on record as reading someone's writing sample?

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:04 pm

shempskidd wrote:
pedestrian wrote:The kid in front of me tried to leave when they passed out the writing sample. When they said he had to wait until it was over, he muttered "They don't read it anyway" and put his head down.

Has a school ever been on record as reading someone's writing sample?

It's the 500th tiebreaker with identical candidates (yes I said 500th).

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:05 pm

noleknight16 wrote:

Bankruptcy and art subsidy one was the real RC.

Oh, I remember doing well on that one and the art one.... but which section? Damn! What else was in the bankruptcy and art subsidy section....?

Sorry, I know I'm being annoying and it really doesn't matter now...

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:06 pm

I had

LG-LR-RC-RC-LR

LG seemed easy, but the first game was somewhat tricky.

Experimental RC was easy as hell, but the real RC was pretty hard. The first LR was average, but I struggled on the last 3 questions. The 2nd LR I thought was very hard and struggled on the last 5.

TIKITEMBO

Postby TIKITEMBO » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:06 pm

shempskidd wrote::) To be fair, I think the rule about choosing "D" was also if you were running out of time.

That's pretty much the situation I ran into unfortunately (fortunately?) Meh. God a point or two more would just make me feel so much better about admissions. Blech.

Also,

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
fatpeopleavenger wrote:
TIKITEMBO wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Anyone overhear anything ridiculous said by the woefully uninformed?

My favorite was this thirty something who said, "I really have no interest in practice. I just want the degree"

Oh boy, he's going to have great job prospects.

The woman running the exam mentioned that in October we she had seen over 500 test takers at this center where there were only 65 this time around.

Two guys near me immediately high-fived and one said, "Better curve!"

8)
Lmao

:lol:

I really had to resist dashing their hopes 8)

CA_Girl_333

Postby CA_Girl_333 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Hey all! I agree that the games were really killer, it definitely hurt my confidence, especially since general consensus is that the curve won't be too generous. :(

Quick question: My friend said he accidentally marked an extra bubble (#26 when the section had only 25 questions) when he was correcting a recording mistake. Is that going to count against his score or will it not be counted?

shempskidd

Postby shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:08 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:
I really had to resist dashing their hopes 8)

Maybe they assumed all the smart people stayed home?
Last edited by shempskidd on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hockeymonster

Postby hockeymonster » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:08 pm

The Weaken EXCEPT in the LR with the isotopes proportional Earth/Martians. That was tricky. Anyone remember the correct answer?

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:08 pm

I had so much confidence from the experimental RC, but died on the actual RC. The fossils passage one really screwed me over.

afnaidel

Postby afnaidel » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:09 pm

I know some people have commented on this, but I want to confirm.

I had LR(25)-LG(23)-LR(26)-LR(25)-RC(27)

So is it correct that the third section, LR(26), is the experimental one?
If you only had two LR sections, how many questions did you have for each one?

I messed up pretty much the entire test, but I think I did the first LR much better than the second LR with 26 questions, so I would feel much better if I know for sure that the second one is experimental.

P.S.
Was scoring around 175-179 on PTs, and now I'm just hoping for 170... FML. I might try again this June.

hockeymonster

Postby hockeymonster » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:10 pm

afnaidel wrote:I know some people have commented on this, but I want to confirm.

I had LR(25)-LG(23)-LR(26)-LR(25)-RC(27)

So is it correct that the third section, LR(26), is the experimental one?
If you only had two LR sections, how many questions did you have for each one?

I messed up pretty much the entire test, but I think I did the first LR much better than the second LR with 26 questions, so I would feel much better if I know for sure that the second one is experimental.

P.S.
Was scoring around 175-179 on PTs, and now I'm just hoping for 170... FML. I might try again this June.

I think the consensus is your 3rd section or the LR w/26 is experimental

Todd Hanson

Postby Todd Hanson » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:10 pm

I'm so glad to hear that a lot of you thought LG were tough. It had two advanced linear games, right? The odds of that happening are pretty low. But yeah, it was my section 2 and made it difficult for me to shake off the nerves that come with a hard section. I hadn't had a LG section that tough since my first diagnostic.

Btw, I despise the people who make up the LSAT. They are evil, evil people.

shempskidd

Postby shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:10 pm

hockeymonster wrote:The Weaken EXCEPT in the LR with the isotopes proportional Earth/Martians. That was tricky. Anyone remember the correct answer?

That one was very tricky. It was in the last section for me, IIRC. At that point, my brain was too tired to focus on the intricacies of the deceptive language used. I know what answer I circled, but don't remember what it says.

Todd Hanson

Postby Todd Hanson » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Last edited by Todd Hanson on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cynthia rose

Postby cynthia rose » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:13 pm

I don't know why but I was all out of fucks to give on this entire test. Even on the way to the test center, I was just too...something...to care. Not sure what that was about, but the lackadaisical attitude really slowed me down on games, which is typically my safety. At least I finished the real LG though. But I realized in the last minute that I kept forgetting to factor in one of the hypos in the pet owners game, so I may have messed up some answers b/c of that. I'm thinking I went -3 at worst, but that is 3 questions that frankly I should not have had to even worry about. Even now though, I simply don't care. I guess I'm just tired.

And I swear LSAC thinks me and LG are OTP or something because I always get an LG experimental. And did the exact same thing on it that I did on the real one - got hung up on the second game, had to save it for the end, and still struggled to finish it all.

RC seemed remarkably easy. I went -7 on RC in October so I'm hoping that I made amends this time. First LR also seemed really easy; second one seemed really hard, but I was able to finish and review the ones I was uncertain about, change two of them, and felt very confident about all my answers (well, except for that Martian isotopes one; I didn't even really try to make sense out of that one). I really hope I improved but I left feeling like I did the exact same.

I didn't think it would bother me before but it's killing me now that it will be undisclosed, so I'll never really know what I missed.

shempskidd

Postby shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:13 pm

One more question, is each section curved, or is the whole test curved? As in, no matter how many questions, are they each each valued the same for the curve or it is done by amount of overall questions right out of the 100 questions?

over9000

Postby over9000 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:13 pm

I thought LG was easy and the RC with dinosaur fossils in mongolia was real and average difficulty.

One LR was average and the one with the weakenX question with martians was harder.
Last edited by over9000 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hockeymonster

Postby hockeymonster » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Todd Hanson wrote:
hockeymonster wrote:The Weaken EXCEPT in the LR with the isotopes proportional Earth/Martians. That was tricky. Anyone remember the correct answer?

Wasn't it something like they had the same isotopes as when it left Mars?

That was a TERRIBLE question since the right answer didn't actually strengthen it, as I recall. It just didn't weaken it necessarily. It did nothing for the argument. Anyway, I hope somebody else got the same answer I did!

Last edited by hockeymonster on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

shempskidd

Postby shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:15 pm

hockeymonster wrote:
Todd Hanson wrote:

Wasn't it something like they had the same isotopes as when it left Mars?

That was a TERRIBLE question since the right answer didn't actually strengthen it, as I recall. It just didn't weaken it necessarily. It did nothing for the argument. Anyway, I hope somebody else got the same answer I did!

That sparks my memory, (A) weakened for sure, I think (C) said there were more/fewer # of rocks somewhere, I picked that one

We are not allowed to post answers to these tests or we will get banned. For example, if I were to comment and say I got the same answer, that would be a total no-no.

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Just to share my experience.

It was raining when I got to my center, so that wasn't the best way to start out since it was gloomy as hell. There was also a lot of older people. Like, the majority of people were in their late 20s or early 30s. Hardly any current undergrads or 1-2 years out of college kids. There was a few people in their 40s or 50s.

Some conversations interesting to say the least. One guy was wearing his fraternity jacket and some dude in his late 20s walks by and asks him what chapter he was in. The frat guy took like 10 seconds to think about this and realized they were both in the same fraternity. They then proceed to awkwardly shake each other's hands.

Another girl was bragging out loud how she was taking the LSAT for the 3rd time and how she didn't have to pay for them since she got a fee waiver. The guy she was talking to was like, "Well I had to pay for all of mine....and my applications..." and the girl was like "Wow that sucks. I don't know I'd do if I had to do that." What a bitch.

Another guy was talking about how hard he studied before this. He took a 1 month prep course with Kaplan and scored as high as a 145 on his practice tests. He was like, "Yeah, I just really want to go to Cal Western and ___________ (some names I never heard of)."

Overall my proctors and test environment were good. Couldn't have been better. It wasn't noisy, distracting, and the proctors timed it right.
Last edited by notaznguy on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”