February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
42
24%
161-162
11
6%
163-164
18
10%
165-166
15
9%
167-168
16
9%
169-170
10
6%
171-172
22
13%
173-174
14
8%
175-176
6
3%
177+
19
11%
 
Total votes: 173

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:28 am

Jsa725 wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:It's my best asset... That and calculating pot odds when I am deciding to call a 50%pot re raise on the turn when I am already pot committed...


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

polarize your 3bet range!

ive won some monster hands w/ 10-5 o.s! The " modified doyal Brunson" lol :D


Image

What you got? I was playin 8/16 omaha in Indian casinos when I was 16 :p

User avatar
RodionRaskolnikov
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:29 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
If we cross paths at any ASW's maybe we can find a game.


Count me in :D


Can I join?


Yes. Given you've upped your trolling the last couple pages. I'm now convinced that you are intentionally being witty and sardonic, and are not autistic.


me plya whit yuo! oh boy!

User avatar
lsacqueen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby lsacqueen » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:29 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
If we cross paths at any ASW's maybe we can find a game.


Count me in :D


Can I join?


Yes. Given you've upped your trolling the last couple pages. I'm now convinced that you are intentionally being witty and sardonic, and are not autistic.


some of us are not convinced.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby bernaldiaz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:30 am

RodionRaskolnikov wrote:
me plya whit yuo! oh boy!


Haha what's your story RR? You intrigue me. In UG? Where are you applying?

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby anteater1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:31 am

FinallyGoing wrote:
What you got? I was playin 8/16 omaha in Indian casinos when I was 16 :p


That must've been a joke or you have some seriously high class indian casinos where you live. It's easier to believe you played poker at 16 in a casino than it is for me to believe an indian casino has an active 8/16 PLO game :lol:

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:33 am

anteater1 wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:
What you got? I was playin 8/16 omaha in Indian casinos when I was 16 :p


That must've been a joke or you have some seriously high class indian casinos where you live. It's easier to believe you played poker at 16 in a casino than it is for me to believe an indian casino has an active 8/16 PLO game.


Morongo brah October-March...the snowbirds roll in from Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Old schoolers...retied guys in their late 60's-80's.

Ever play @ Agua or Spotlight?

EDIT: The occasional older Asian male from Pasadena as well...but it was rare...

User avatar
RodionRaskolnikov
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:35 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:
me plya whit yuo! oh boy!


Haha what's your story RR? You intrigue me. In UG? Where are you applying?


Oh! Is this your ploy to win my trust and use it to rail me again?

Yup, in UG planning to apply T14 with ~3.94+ and, I hope, 170+ (though I think it'll probably be 168ish but plan to retake).

I have a dry, sarcastic humor and I'm very logical so most of the time, the stuff I say flies over people's heads and they think I'm either serious or stupid.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Jsa725 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:35 am

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Thu May 30, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
anteater1
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby anteater1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:38 am

FinallyGoing wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:
What you got? I was playin 8/16 omaha in Indian casinos when I was 16 :p


That must've been a joke or you have some seriously high class indian casinos where you live. It's easier to believe you played poker at 16 in a casino than it is for me to believe an indian casino has an active 8/16 PLO game.


Morongo brah October-March...the snowbirds roll in from Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Old schoolers...retied guys in their late 60's-80's.

Ever play @ Agua or Spotlight?

EDIT: The occasional older Asian male from Pasadena as well...but it was rare...


You must mean Fixed-limit Omaha then or Hi/Lo? I frequented Morongo before I turned 21 and have made a couple visits to Caliente and have never seen stakes remotely close to those.

On a side note, I'll be in Palm Springs this weekend and I may make a trip to Agua Caliente just for the steakhouse.

User avatar
wakka!
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby wakka! » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:40 am

RodionRaskolnikov wrote:
Hmm... that's odd. You put a gif of a white man dancing poorly. Some may think you're implying a correlation between whites and poor dancing.





Image

Circle Guy
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Circle Guy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:40 am

Jsa725 wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:It's my best asset... That and calculating pot odds when I am deciding to call a 50%pot re raise on the turn when I am already pot committed...


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

polarize your 3bet range!

ive won some monster hands w/ 10-5 o.s! The " modified doyal Brunson" lol :D


best hand to hit a straight with :P

Circle Guy
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Circle Guy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:42 am

so just how many poker degenerates are in this thread?

User avatar
RodionRaskolnikov
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:43 am

I just checked my LSAC account.

What does it mean when those green symbols turn grey?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby bernaldiaz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:43 am

RodionRaskolnikov wrote:I just checked my LSAC account.

What does it mean when those green symbols turn grey?


Fuck you I was waiting for the first person to pull this shit.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Jsa725 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:45 am

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Thu May 30, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Circle Guy
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Circle Guy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:46 am

RodionRaskolnikov wrote:I just checked my LSAC account.

What does it mean when those green symbols turn grey?


"Does not play well with others."

User avatar
RodionRaskolnikov
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:47 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:I just checked my LSAC account.

What does it mean when those green symbols turn grey?


Fuck you I was waiting for the first person to pull this shit.


Pull what? Ohhh!! You assumed the two sentences I wrote, without any connection between them, were related to one another? No, no. I just checked my LSAC account. I also wanted know what the turn from green to grey means?

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:48 am

anteater1 wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:
anteater1 wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:
What you got? I was playin 8/16 omaha in Indian casinos when I was 16 :p


That must've been a joke or you have some seriously high class indian casinos where you live. It's easier to believe you played poker at 16 in a casino than it is for me to believe an indian casino has an active 8/16 PLO game.


Morongo brah October-March...the snowbirds roll in from Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Old schoolers...retied guys in their late 60's-80's.

Ever play @ Agua or Spotlight?

EDIT: The occasional older Asian male from Pasadena as well...but it was rare...


You must mean Fixed-limit Omaha then or Hi/Lo? I frequented Morongo before I turned 21 and have made a couple visits to Caliente and have never seen stakes remotely close to those.

On a side note, I'll be in Palm Springs this weekend and I may make a trip to Agua Caliente just for the steakhouse.


It's not an either/or question bro...8/16 omaha is understood to be referring to fixed limit (obviously) hi lo.

You probably didn't see them because you probably aren't there between 8:00am and 1:00pm T-Thu...when those games usually run, in that season. And if by chance you are...then I guess you are too engulfed in your 1/3 NL Hold em game or 2/4 game.

I've played tourneys at Commerce..but never a cash game...I played tons of 12-20 hour sessions at HG. Also had two regular nights when I lived out there...one in Coto and the other in Shady Canyon (mostly sub prime 30k millionaires)...there are a ton of home games and home circuits in OC...thats where its at.

That is interesting...I was always a big fan of The Chop House and LG's...I heard LG's has gone to shit since Leon passed...I don't do Morton's or RC's in the dez because I mean hey, you can do that anytime. If you've never been to La Valerice I suggest you go...same with Jillian's on El Paseo.
Last edited by FinallyGoing on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 am

RodionRaskolnikov wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:I just checked my LSAC account.

What does it mean when those green symbols turn grey?


Fuck you I was waiting for the first person to pull this shit.


Pull what? Ohhh!! You assumed the two sentences I wrote, without any connection between them, were related to one another? No, no. I just checked my LSAC account. I also wanted know what the turn from green to grey means?


They mean -2 points for the bad LSAT karma you just created for yourself.

User avatar
wakka!
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby wakka! » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:51 am

why exactly would they go gray in February? It's not like they're going to post a scanned copy of our test materials since the test is undisclosed. Wouldn't they just vanish all together instead..???
I am being serious. I mean it's not like the red pdf links are going to replace them...

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:52 am

wakka! wrote:why exactly would they go gray in February? It's not like they're going to post a scanned copy of our test materials since the test is undisclosed. Wouldn't they just vanish all together instead..???
I am being serious. I mean it's not like the red pdf links are going to replace them...



You do have a point...

User avatar
RodionRaskolnikov
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby RodionRaskolnikov » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:53 am

FinallyGoing wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:I just checked my LSAC account.

What does it mean when those green symbols turn grey?


Fuck you I was waiting for the first person to pull this shit.


Pull what? Ohhh!! You assumed the two sentences I wrote, without any connection between them, were related to one another? No, no. I just checked my LSAC account. I also wanted know what the turn from green to grey means?


They mean -2 points for the bad LSAT karma you just created for yourself.


The conversion table and the answers I bubbled, at this time, are predetermined. My score is (probably should say was) inevitable. The only way karma can play a role is to cheat, either by changing the conversion chart or the answers I bubbled. Karma doesn't cheat.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby noleknight16 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:55 am

RodionRaskolnikov wrote:I just checked my LSAC account.

What does it mean when those green symbols turn grey?


Image

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:56 am

RodionRaskolnikov wrote:
The conversion table and the answers I bubbled, at this time, are predetermined. My score is (probably should say was) inevitable. The only way karma can play a role is to cheat, either by changing the conversion chart or the answers I bubbled. Karma doesn't cheat.


Karma doesn't need to cheat to make the adcomms at all your prospective schools misread your 167 for a 165.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Postby Jsa725 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:57 am

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Thu May 30, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 8 guests