February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

bernaldiaz

Gold

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Post by bernaldiaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:48 pm

I ain't changing the poll

and who said 177+? Show yourself!

wakka!

Bronze

Post by wakka! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:50 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:I ain't changing the poll
But this poll is kind of useless; it's an individual thing what you score. If we all try to predict the curve of the score or the release date of the score, that's true for everyone. So it's more useful for everyone as a whole. Or at least everyone following this thread.
Besides I'm sure everyone is going to post their actual scores once they are released anyway.
Last edited by wakka! on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MConchis

New

Post by MConchis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:54 pm

wakka! wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Yeah I think the twats are false alarms. Surely SOMEONE from TLS will hear in the first wave. The odds that a wave of emails going out without one of us having actual proof is slim to none.

The real poll should be "When will we get our scores back?
-Saturday
-Sunday-
-Monday
-Tuesday
-Wednesday
-Later than Wednesday due to Tampa Incident???"
This doesn't really give us any information, though. It's just random guessing because no one has any information. A poll on the curve or expected scores is useful because it gives us some collective insight about the test.

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:56 pm

wakka! wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:I ain't changing the poll
But this pole is kind of useless; it's an individual thing what you score. If we all try to predict the curve of the score or the release date of the score, that's a universal truth. So it's more useful for everyone as a whole. Or at least everyone following this thread.
Besides I'm sure everyone is going to post their actual scores once they are released anyway.
But unlike predicting the curve or how you did, guessing the release date is totally a blind guess and really meaningless? Do you really care if people think its coming out Sunday? Their guess is no better than yours. I'm more interested in seeing how people think they did

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Bronze

Post by BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:57 pm

So Monday is D-Day? Great. I'm equally anxious and terrified.

This is the point I wish I wasn't an Atheist; I could pray to baby Jesus for a high score. He gives out prizes, right? .....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wakka!

Bronze

Post by wakka! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:57 pm

MConchis wrote:
wakka! wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Yeah I think the twats are false alarms. Surely SOMEONE from TLS will hear in the first wave. The odds that a wave of emails going out without one of us having actual proof is slim to none.

The real poll should be "When will we get our scores back?
-Saturday
-Sunday-
-Monday
-Tuesday
-Wednesday
-Later than Wednesday due to Tampa Incident???"
This doesn't really give us any information, though. It's just random guessing because no one has any information. A poll on the curve or expected scores is useful because it gives us some collective insight about the test.

It gives us information on the collective opinion; but also it's the one thing that is verifiable. We won't ever actually find out what the \ curve was, and peoples expectations are about their individual scores, so how does that help any one particular person?

agcl0913

New

Post by agcl0913 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:58 pm

I made myself close my computer for an hour in the hope that it would appease the LSAT gods and something would happen. So much for that. Better than hitting F5 for an hour though.

wakka!

Bronze

Post by wakka! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:59 pm

bernaldiaz wrote: But unlike predicting the curve or how you did, guessing the release date is totally a blind guess and really meaningless? Do you really care if people think its coming out Sunday? Their guess is no better than yours. I'm more interested in seeing how people think they did

I think that's only useful if you have how people think they did vs how they actually did. If there is a trend in that (e.g. people did better than they thought), then the test was probably easier than people thought. But you'd need to know both for each individual; how would a large poll with only half of that info help?

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:01 pm

wakka! wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote: But unlike predicting the curve or how you did, guessing the release date is totally a blind guess and really meaningless? Do you really care if people think its coming out Sunday? Their guess is no better than yours. I'm more interested in seeing how people think they did

I think that's only useful if you have how people think they did vs how they actually did. If there is a trend in that (e.g. people did better than they thought), then the test was probably easier than people thought. But you'd need to know both for each individual; how would a large poll with only half of that info help?
No poll going to "help" I just think that this poll is much more interesting than the release date

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wakka!

Bronze

Post by wakka! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:02 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
wakka! wrote:

No poll going to "help" I just think that this poll is much more interesting than the release date
Well that's just, like, your opinion man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:03 pm

I love that movie.

They're nihilists they believe in nothing

wakka!

Bronze

Post by wakka! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:06 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:I love that movie.

They're nihilists they believe in nothing
haha

Don't worry, they're nihilists. They're completely harmless.

ampersand5

Bronze

Post by ampersand5 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:07 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:So Monday is D-Day? Great. I'm equally anxious and terrified.

This is the point I wish I wasn't an Atheist; I could pray to baby Jesus for a high score. He gives out prizes, right? .....
do you believe in ethics? do you believe in beauty? do you believe that you actually wrote the lsat? do you believe in logic? do you believe in science?

All those things cannot be proven scientifically yet it is perfectly rational for you to believe in all of them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

barrotmartin

Bronze

Post by barrotmartin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:11 pm

ampersand5 wrote:
BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:So Monday is D-Day? Great. I'm equally anxious and terrified.

do you believe in ethics? do you believe in beauty? do you believe that you actually wrote the lsat? do you believe in logic? do you believe in science?

All those things cannot be proven scientifically yet it is perfectly rational for you to believe in all of them.
You can believe that these abstractions are functional symbols human beings use in order to create relationships with themselves, one another and the world. Doesn't mean they're 'real' in the sense that other human beings are real. Doesn't mean that I can't choose one abstraction (ethics) as more meaningful and functional than another (god).

wakka!

Bronze

Post by wakka! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:11 pm

ampersand5 wrote:

I think most people that are "atheists" just hate organized religion and are actual more "agnostic"; they don't necessarily believe there is absolutely no god or deity of any kind. Rather, nothing they have experienced or conceived has given them any reason to believe that there is. I can't prove that there isn't a god any more than you can prove that there is one.

Personally I'm a Taoist; but I'm just saying. That seems to be the case more often than not in my experience.

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:12 pm

ampersand5 wrote:

Here we go... A good atheism debate should net a few interesting pages

barrotmartin

Bronze

Post by barrotmartin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:13 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
ampersand5 wrote:

More exciting to me than the poll debate.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

barrotmartin

Bronze

Post by barrotmartin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:14 pm

barrotmartin wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
ampersand5 wrote:

More exciting to me than the poll debate.
But goddamn would I prefer my score over any of it.

hotspur

Bronze

Post by hotspur » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:16 pm

I don't think an atheism debate is possible on this thread.

Nonetheless, it seems ridiculous to deny the existence of a supreme being when that supreme being has proven value throughout the course of human history.

FinallyGoing

Bronze

Post by FinallyGoing » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:16 pm

What if G-d was a member of Mensa?

wakka!

Bronze

Post by wakka! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:17 pm

hotspur wrote:I don't think an atheism debate is possible on this thread.

Nonetheless, it seems ridiculous to deny the existence of a supreme being when that supreme being has proven value throughout the course of human history.

What do you mean "proven value" ?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kit Cloudkicker

New

Post by Kit Cloudkicker » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:17 pm

wakka! wrote:
ampersand5 wrote:

I think most people that are "atheists" just hate organized religion and are actual more "agnostic"; they don't necessarily believe there is absolutely no god or deity of any kind. Rather, nothing they have experienced or conceived has given them any reason to believe that there is. I can't prove that there isn't a god any more than you can prove that there is one.
This. I'm agnostic. I'm like, "mehhhh. Maybe there is a god. Maybe there isn't. I'll find out when I die." The only thing I know is that I'm not wasting my Sundays (or any other day) in a church, mosque, or synagogue worshipping something I can't prove exists. There's too much to worry about in this life (world peace, world hunger, etc.) to spend my time worried about the next life.

hotspur

Bronze

Post by hotspur » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:18 pm

wakka! wrote:
hotspur wrote:I don't think an atheism debate is possible on this thread.

What do you mean "proven value" ?
Historical and social impact I guess.

ampersand5

Bronze

Post by ampersand5 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:19 pm

im not advocating atheism or theism to anyone. I am suggesting that one can have spiritual thoughts about things that are meaningful to them.

The universe and our world in my opinion is a beautiful, benevolent and complex thing. Humans do not comprehend or have scientific backing for the majority of things that are questioned. Considering we collectively believe in many things without any scientific basis, this does not have to be an absurd thought to someone.

barrotmartin

Bronze

Post by barrotmartin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Damn. I agree with you.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”