February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

XxMVPxX

New

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Post by XxMVPxX » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:03 am

bernaldiaz wrote: I am a huge advocate of using Velocity. I'd do the velocity prep and then buy some stuff to drill from Cambridge LSAT. If you have 750 bucks (that'll cover both), I highly recommend that combo over any other method of prep.

Seriously though, Dave Hall should put me on commission.
Do you mean the practice tests?

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:05 am

XxMVPxX wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote: I am a huge advocate of using Velocity. I'd do the velocity prep and then buy some stuff to drill from Cambridge LSAT. If you have 750 bucks (that'll cover both), I highly recommend that combo over any other method of prep.

Seriously though, Dave Hall should put me on commission.
Do you mean the practice tests?
You could buy them there if you want to. But I also bought stuff sorted by question type for all three sections. It was very helpful to have all of that material to drill with.

XxMVPxX

New

Post by XxMVPxX » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:10 am

bernaldiaz wrote: You could buy them there if you want to. But I also bought stuff sorted by question type for all three sections. It was very helpful to have all of that material to drill with.
Oooo ok gotchya. For instance for logic games you would order certain types of logic games like this?

http://www.cambridgelsat.com/product/ls ... c_games/23

maru

New

Post by maru » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:16 am

:( I scored 5 points below my average...and all I can wonder is if it had anything to do with the 5-7 answers I misbubbled and then had to erase and rebubble. How accurate are these scantron readers? My eraser didn't do a very good job. Overall, really disappointed. :(

barrotmartin

Bronze

Post by barrotmartin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:55 am

maru wrote::( I scored 5 points below my average...and all I can wonder is if it had anything to do with the 5-7 answers I misbubbled and then had to erase and rebubble. How accurate are these scantron readers? My eraser didn't do a very good job. Overall, really disappointed. :(
if you have $42.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jigglebottom

Bronze

Post by jigglebottom » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:03 am

maru wrote::( I scored 5 points below my average...and all I can wonder is if it had anything to do with the 5-7 answers I misbubbled and then had to erase and rebubble. How accurate are these scantron readers? My eraser didn't do a very good job. Overall, really disappointed. :(
dude I hate using the copout but it's likely a misbubbling tragedy contributed to my poor score as well.. same exact thing happened to me and I scored about 5 points below my lowest PT (which was the same score as my diagnostic) it hurts to talk about :wink: but moving on...studying for June.. what else can I do?

sbaron

New

Post by sbaron » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:12 am

Does anyone know what happens if you ask to have yours handscored ? How much longer does it take to get your score to schools?

PLXTDNR

Bronze

Post by PLXTDNR » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:53 am

Ask for a hand score ... even if it turns out the same, you'll sleep better.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:35 am

Thanks to everyone for congratulating me! Congrats to everyone who got their scores back and good luck to those taking the June test.

My first PT was a 140, and my highest PT was a 161. I got a 162. I took two Kaplan classes, one for the December cycle and one for the February cycle. I'm thinking about taking it again for the June test, but I'm unsure which class to go to next, or if I should just study more on my own. Any suggestions from TLS?

(or directions to the proper forum thread, lol)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ahenson7

New

Post by ahenson7 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:56 am

Question.
Does anyone know how long it takes LSAC to report the new scores to schools?? My applications are "incomplete" until the new scores are reported.

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:00 am

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:Thanks to everyone for congratulating me! Congrats to everyone who got their scores back and good luck to those taking the June test.

My first PT was a 140, and my highest PT was a 161. I got a 162. I took two Kaplan classes, one for the December cycle and one for the February cycle. I'm thinking about taking it again for the June test, but I'm unsure which class to go to next, or if I should just study more on my own. Any suggestions from TLS?

Why don't you take Blueprint or Velocity rather than Kaplan again? Their online courses are great!

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:40 am

I scored a 172 (99th percentile) first try after a lot fo studying...retake?

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 am

lovejopd wrote:
batmanandbaybreezes wrote:Thanks to everyone for congratulating me! Congrats to everyone who got their scores back and good luck to those taking the June test.

Why don't you take Blueprint or Velocity rather than Kaplan again? Their online courses are great!
Isn't the Velocity ones 8 months long though?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:48 am

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
lovejopd wrote:

You have access to their site for 8 months after you sign up and pay. They give you a syllabus depending on how much time you have to study.

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:51 am

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
batmanandbaybreezes wrote:
lovejopd wrote:

You have access to their site for 8 months after you sign up and pay. They give you a syllabus depending on how much time you have to study.
So Velocity and Blueprint are the best classes? What about a Powerscore Bible or class?

rewlor

New

Post by rewlor » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Has anyone (else) just switched from refreshing LSAC to refreshing the status checker on their applications?

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Consensus here is that if you are studying by youself(self-study) with a book, choose Manhattan books over Powerscore Bible. If you think about self-study with any online course, Blueprint and Velocity are a good resources to rely on~Both are really good as a lot of people swear by them.
Check out both websites to see what best fits your study plan.

http://blueprintprep.com/
http://velocitylsat.com/

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks everyone. I definitely don't have the discipline to do it totally on my own, I'm gonna scrape together my resources and see if I can do the Velocity course for the June test. Here's to a 165+. And now into the June board, lol

bullybuck

New

Post by bullybuck » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:49 pm

--LinkRemoved--

Jesus Christ....it must be the solar flares

[img][/imghttp://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/KEtX.ttGo_.kvkwsbYyoGQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD02MzA7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/152/2012/03/07/mas ... 165930.jpg

maru

New

Post by maru » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:11 am

PLXTDNR wrote:
Am considering this, but I'm concerned it'll hold up my apps. I think I'll call LSAC and ask how long the process will take.

FinallyGoing

Bronze

Post by FinallyGoing » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:48 pm

maru wrote:
PLXTDNR wrote:
Am considering this, but I'm concerned it'll hold up my apps. I think I'll call LSAC and ask how long the process will take.
Please report back after you do!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”