February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

jigglebottom

Bronze

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Post by jigglebottom » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:22 pm

who had experimental LR? If so.. could you pinpoint which one of the two it was?

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:24 pm

jigglebottom wrote:who had experimental LR? If so.. could you pinpoint which one of the two it was?
There would not be an experimental LR if you only had two sections.

jigglebottom

Bronze

Post by jigglebottom » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:34 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
jigglebottom wrote:who had experimental LR? If so.. could you pinpoint which one of the two it was?
I should have said, of the first two LR sections before the break. I guess that was a unique experience to me though right?

Ronburgandy2468

New

Post by Ronburgandy2468 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:43 pm

jigglebottom wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
I should have said, of the first two LR sections before the break. I guess that was a unique experience to me though right?
No, this was my only LSAT that I did not get stuck with 2 LRs in the first half.
But I must say though, getting an RC experimental felt so much better.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Again

List of real sections

Reading Comp
-------
Bankruptcy
Heirloom Agriculture
Art Subsidies
Sandstorm Fossils

Logic Games
-------
Sequencing H M J L K F

Apartments and Pets

Long commercial, Short commercial

Wed Morning, Friday Morning, Friday Afternoon

Some of the real Logical Reasoning questions
------

Liming a lake

Pesticide advertisement Weaken

There are more Short documentary then long scifi films.. Parallel with apartments and Victorians bathtubs

Bookstores hardcover best seller

Ants living in tree roots 

Martian space rock life in space

Trucks vs snow studs, destroying roads

The mayors business affairs critics weaken

Vitamin C acne

..l can keep going... I think I've shared enough that everyone should know what's real.

I hope I did as well answering them as I did remembering them!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ronburgandy2468

New

Post by Ronburgandy2468 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Again

List of real sections

Reading Comp
-------
Bankruptcy
Heirloom Agriculture
Art Subsidies
Sandstorm Fossils

Logic Games
-------
Sequencing H M J L K F

Apartments and Pets

------

Liming a lake

There are more Short documentary then long scifi films.. Parallel with apartments and Victorians bathtubs

Vitamin C acne

..l can keep going... I think I've shared enough that everyone should know what's real.

Very nice list :D

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:04 am

Ronburgandy2468 wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:Again

List of real sections

Reading Comp
-------
Bankruptcy
Heirloom Agriculture
Art Subsidies
Sandstorm Fossils

Logic Games
-------
Sequencing H M J L K F

Apartments and Pets

------

Liming a lake

Vitamin C acne

Very nice list :D
Thanks, I could likely rattle off 25 Lrs total if I had time to think about it... I apparently really process this shit lol

CA_Girl_333

New

Post by CA_Girl_333 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:41 am

Gah, I was feeling okay earlier today, but now I am a little upset. :( I had worked really, really hard at improving at LG, my weakest section, but it was so difficult for me today. I wasn't able to do 5-6 questions and just ended up guessing on them. The rest of the test went fine, but with so many people saying the curve won't be generous this time around, I am a little bummed.

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:53 am

CA_Girl_333 wrote:Gah, I was feeling okay earlier today, but now I am a little upset. :( I had worked really, really hard at improving at LG, my weakest section, but it was so difficult for me today. I wasn't able to do 5-6 questions and just ended up guessing on them. The rest of the test went fine, but with so many people saying the curve won't be generous this time around, I am a little bummed.
-11 or 12, which I think is the consensus for whatever that matters, is a decent curve.
Last edited by bernaldiaz on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:56 am

Wishing everyone luck! Hopefully you won't have to wait as long as the Decembers did :D

bmp

New

Post by bmp » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 am

I had LR-LG-RC-LR-RC
Sounds like my 2nd RC was the real one which I am happy about!

My issue wasn't that I felt it was difficult. I felt i was stumped for no apparent reason on the first question and it completely through me off. It was sequencing I usually kill those. Not sure why it stumped me. Weird.[/quote][quote="jjlee"]
I also feel this way! I was so slow on the games today at usually that is my best section :( I am hoping for the best.

Nothing too crazy at my testing center.. it snowed all night so I left extra early to make sure I was on time. Almost everyone had a hooded jacket which apparently is against the rules but it was also snowing so yea. 5 Hour energy people were giving out free samples which was cool. A few people had their cell phones and they did not get confiscated nor did the proctors notice. One girl was listening to her ipod before we checked in and they told her to go put in back in her car before she checked in she didn't and brought it in. Was freezing cold in the room. Some people farted! Gross! Tons of people were using the restroom in the middle of sections at the same time which was very distracting with doors slamming shut, etc.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 am

I'm with ya... I think well see a good curve honestly... This was no easy LSAT. Even LR was tricky a bit

I can already tell this thread will live 3 weeks... I just registered today and look at my post count lol

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:02 am

bmp wrote:I had LR-LG-RC-LR-RC
Sounds like my 2nd RC was the real one which I am happy about!

My issue wasn't that I felt it was difficult. I felt i was stumped for no apparent reason on the first question and it completely through me off. It was sequencing I usually kill those. Not sure why it stumped me. Weird.
jjlee wrote: I also feel this way! I was so slow on the games today at usually that is my best section :( I am hoping for the best.

Nothing too crazy at my testing center.. it snowed all night so I left extra early to make sure I was on time. Almost everyone had a hooded jacket which apparently is against the rules but it was also snowing so yea. 5 Hour energy people were giving out free samples which was cool. A few people had their cell phones and they did not get confiscated nor did the proctors notice. One girl was listening to her ipod before we checked in and they told her to go put in back in her car before she checked in she didn't and brought it in. Was freezing cold in the room. Some people farted! Gross! Tons of people were using the restroom in the middle of sections at the same time which was very distracting with doors slamming shut, etc.
That first seq was no joke man, usually there a breeze, especially early, but that was a tricky game, very open, and time consuming... I blew ten min on that game, and I love seq games

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:07 am

Just to keep this going and keep me from laying in bed pondering my score all night, let's share some info.

Where do you live?
Age/years out of undergrad
Schools applying to
Score predictions?

New York
Finishing last semester
Fordham this cycle, Berkeley, USC, NYU, Northwestern, Penn, Vandy, Georgetown, Cornell next cycle

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:10 am

Where do you live? Boston suburb, but at a top20 university right now
Age/years out of undergrad? Junior, applying next cycle
Schools applying to Depending on my score, I'll be blanketing the top 10, probably throw in an app to BC/BU in case I want to stay local
Score predictions? I don't think it was outside of my regular PT range. So I think anywhere from 170-179 is realistic.

therealharveyspector

New

Post by therealharveyspector » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:21 am

just to confirm the list of the logic games were:

1. loose sequencing game

2. pets - distribution??

3. commercials - matching

4. wed am, fri am/pm - distribution again??

wakka!

Bronze

Post by wakka! » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:43 am

I could see there being a -10 / -11 required to hit a 170 for this particular exam. Having a -12 would seem too good to be true, but I guess we'll only ever be able to speculate on what it actually comes out to be.
Last edited by wakka! on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PBateman1

Bronze

Post by PBateman1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:03 am

I found the logic games section to be a bit more difficult than average. I'm usually -0 to -2 in my practice tests and I wouldn't be surprised if I got a -3 to -5 on this one. It took me 12 minutes to do the first game (sequencing) which I found to be the most challenging of the four, which is weird b/c when I saw it was sequencing I expected to blow through it. I must of missed an inference as I couldn't wrap my head around the cannot be true regarding consecutive students. The rest weren't anything hard, but I misdiagrammed the commercial one, so I went back and had to redo it and only left myself like 4 minutes for the last game. So I think the pressure of the actual test affected me in a slightly negative way. The LR and RC sections seemed about average to me so I probably -1 to -3'd those sections. Overall I'd say I'm anywhere from -8 to -12, hopefully a generous curve will leave me above 170!

buck

New

Post by buck » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:57 am

What do you guys think about the LR sections? Seemed unusually easy but I always get into trouble when I feel that way. I can only think of 2 questions I was unsure of. I also noticed many people were done these sections with a few minutes to spare.

I thought LG was about average difficulty if you got through the first one pretty quick. I spent more than 15 minutes on the pet owner game. The last two were easy.

I thought the RC readings were clear but the questions demanded a very through understanding of the passages especially for the comparative. Still easier overall than last few tests. No passage as difficult to understand as the soil one or questions as difficult as Mexican proverb use.

Being 100 questions and feeling pretty easy got to think -10/-11 for a 170.

Do we get a raw score? Or just the scaled score?

anela00

Bronze

Post by anela00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:41 am

Did anybody get a LR question on Bobo the Clown? Earlier in the test the girl next to me started giggling...and then when I got that question in a later LR section for me, I thought, "Oh, this must have been what she thought was funny."

ampersand5

Bronze

Post by ampersand5 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:15 am

Some things to note:
the curve will most likely be -13 with a slightly lesser chance of being -12.
Why: TLS is extremely good at guessing one under the curve. As more people report in the poll, we will get a better idea; but this in the past has proven to be a good measure. Moreover, the biggest factor in determining the curve is games. This LG section had possibly the hardest first game ever (this has a huge impact on your average, unprepared test taker). Moreover, apparently lots of people had difficulties with the another game - thus lowering the curve.

In my personal opinion, I thought one of the argument section was one of the hardest I have ever faced (and done all pt's) but I am not sure if others on here necessarily agree with me.

For me:
First arguments - awesome. easy. enjoyable. finished with 10 minutes to spare

logic games - first sequencing game took me a ton of time and made me diagram on another page for more space (this has never happened to me before). The rest I found to be standard and relatively easy. I think the one that people had the issue with wasn't actually that difficult of a game; it just wasn't standard and if one didn't comprehend it properly, it would then become extremely difficult to figure out.

Second arguments: I normally finish arguments with lots of time to spare and 1-2 questions I circle as being questionable. Out of the ones I circle, they are almost exclusively found near the end of the section. For this, there were a few questions between 8-14 that I circled in addition to some later on. This was the first time for me that I didn't finish an argument section with time - well sort of. After I finished the section, I spent like 4 minutes on question 23 and had no idea what it could be and had to completely guess. Definitely one of the toughest argument questions I have ever faced.

Reading comprehension: standard. I thought one passage was actually pretty fun. I unfortunately did not get any sleep before the night of the test and as this was my last section, was dead tired. Although I am never sure of my RC score, it normally works out that I always get in the same range. Despite this pattern, I never have any idea how well I did on RC and in my head think its subject to huge variation. Hopefully my lack of sleep didn't screw me over in this area but I will never know.

Some things I picked up on: one different argument experimental. one different lg experimental. two different rc experimentals but both had similar type of themes.
I had great proctors. They let me switch desks to one that didn't shake. They took one minute off between each section. Gave us a 30 minute break.
The guy sitting beside me got a pat on the shoulder during the test and asked to leave; felt horrible.
I actually fell asleep during the writing sample - good way to pass the time.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PrincetonBound

New

Post by PrincetonBound » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:28 am

bernaldiaz wrote:Where do you live? Boston suburb, but at a top20 university right now
Age/years out of undergrad? Junior, applying next cycle
Schools applying to Depending on my score, I'll be blanketing the top 10, probably throw in an app to BC/BU in case I want to stay local
Score predictions? I don't think it was outside of my regular PT range. So I think anywhere from 170-179 is realistic.
Chicago
Graduated last year, spent some time teaching English in China
T14-- got a 167 in June, hoping for an increase on that
As in June I keep going back and forth on how I think I did, ranging anywhere between 166-174... by March 5th I'll probably have convinced myself I got either a 120 or a 180.

I'm a little worried that everyone thinks LG was so difficult. Hoping I didn't miss a rule! Thought one LR was harder than usual (per most people in this group) and one passage on RC was particularly rough. Mainly was disappointed the experimental RC wasn't the real one because I thought that one was super easy. That could be mostly because I got stuck with back-to-back RC's which was mentally draining.

beebela

New

Post by beebela » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:29 am

ampersand5 wrote:After I finished the section, I spent like 4 minutes on question 23 and had no idea what it could be and had to completely guess. Definitely one of the toughest argument questions I have ever faced.
Was that the mars/earth meteor question? If so, I finished the rest of the section with ~7 minutes left and then just read that one over and over again haha I'm glad it wasn't just me.

Impending1L

New

Post by Impending1L » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:32 am

Mainly was disappointed the experimental RC wasn't the real one because I thought that one was super easy. That could be mostly because I got stuck with back-to-back RC's which was mentally draining.[/quote]

True that, bro.

beebela

New

Post by beebela » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:33 am

Where do you live? Boston
Age/years out of undergrad Junior, applying for Fall 2013
Schools applying to Allll over the place, I got a 168 in October and really want to see 172+ on this one so I can secure some T14 and get $$ at lower schools
Score predictions? My PT range was 173-178 but that's what I had before October too...hoping this went better.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”