February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

wakka!

Bronze

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!)

Post by wakka! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:24 pm

ampersand5 wrote: we are of different paradigms so there is no point discussing these issues because our comments will be incommensurable.

However, I do have some questions for you...
Do you think that the economy is real.. and if so, do you see it as a valuable tool?

I mean, there is definitely an exchange of goods and services. But Economics is pretty useless I think; it's such an inexact science. It always "assume all other things are equal", when a lot of times they are not. I mean simple economic principles have some value, like "supply and demand", but talking about the economy as a whole is just an abstraction and I feel like numbers can be twisted or even made up pretty much to suit whatever point of view the author or speaker is trying to purport.

I think economics and psychology are comparable in how inexact they both are, and in how they still sometimes can be useful.

Why do you ask?

Betharl

Bronze

Post by Betharl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Nice.
bernaldiaz wrote:
Betharl wrote:Hah, agreed. Did you ever watch that 13th episode of Mad Men?
bernaldiaz wrote:
Betharl wrote:When I open the PDF under "item response report" and look at document properties is says it is 362KB (not 140).
Shut up! No more optimism. We are getting our scores at the earliest on Monday, and you should be thankful for it.
Yeah it was awesome. And then I watched the first three episodes of season two. Especially with spring break coming up I'll be done with all four seasons by the 25th I think, pretty easily

Fyo'Couch

Bronze

Post by Fyo'Couch » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that this fuckin strumpet...

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:27 pm

I have no idea if the size info was there earlier.

What does it meannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Thu May 30, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Fyo'Couch

Bronze

Post by Fyo'Couch » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:28 pm

wakka! wrote:
ampersand5 wrote: we are of different paradigms so there is no point discussing these issues because our comments will be incommensurable.

Do you think that the economy is real.. and if so, do you see it as a valuable tool?

I mean, there is definitely an exchange of goods and services. But Economics is pretty useless I think; it's such an inexact science. It always "assume all other things are equal", when a lot of times they are not. I mean simple economic principles have some value, like "supply and demand", but talking about the economy as a whole is just an abstraction and I feel like numbers can be twisted or even made up pretty much to suit whatever point of view the author or speaker is trying to purport.

I think economics and psychology are comparable in how inexact they both are, and in how they still sometimes can be useful.

Why do you ask?
These men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.

mehereuthere101787

New

Post by mehereuthere101787 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:30 pm

i voted for 175-176 bc no one else did haha

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Thu May 30, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kit Cloudkicker

New

Post by Kit Cloudkicker » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Silentbutreading wrote:Whoever has taken the LSAT in December or October needs to check their status page and see the size of the documents available. If it is the same as the screenshot then most likely it is new. Otherwise, it is just a default amount.

--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wakka!

Bronze

Post by wakka! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
Silentbutreading wrote:Whoever has taken the LSAT in December or October needs to check their status page and see the size of the documents available. If it is the same as the screenshot then most likely it is new. Otherwise, it is just a default amount.

Did you guys forget the part where these don't matter because it's undisclosed so nothing is posted there anyway?

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Thu May 30, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fyo'Couch

Bronze

Post by Fyo'Couch » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:

Kit Cloudkicker my friend, you are entering a world of pain.

ampersand5

Bronze

Post by ampersand5 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:39 pm

wakka! wrote:

Why do you ask?
I'm not asking about the study of economics, but if you think an actual economy exists. By that, I just mean the involvement and interaction of constituents of a state who participate in the exchange of goods and services.
If you agree that an economy exist, do you think such a concept could be valuable to you?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kit Cloudkicker

New

Post by Kit Cloudkicker » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Fyo'Couch wrote: Kit Cloudkicker my friend, you are entering a world of pain.

huh?

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Just a cat jumping off a telephone pole.

RodionRaskolnikov

Bronze

Post by RodionRaskolnikov » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:44 pm

LOL at the debates going on.

The data size (i.e. 140 kb, etc) has always been there. This is my first time taking the exam and I looked at the page carefuly a couple of weeks ago and noticed them and thought how bad it would be if the sizes matched my lsat score, i.e. 140 =140. Then I saw the other sizes in the 300s and didn't think much of it. So the data was always there. We might get out scores on Monday, but Tuesday is most likely.

Second, atheist wins because, let's face it, if you're an adult who still believes in a magical creature in the sky who grants you wishes and an entrance to a really fun carnival depending on whether you've been naughty or nice during your life time, there is something wrong with you.

Third, saying you don't like gay marriage is like saying you don't like and don't want that someone else eats cake just because you're fat and on a diet. If someone's parts don't work with someone of an opposite sex, but only work with someone of the same sex, and they fall in love, which is possible, with someone of same sex, then there is just as much reason for them to get married if two people of different sexes were in love, had their parts work well, and were getting married. To deny that requires you to read a book.

Finally, abortion is not killing a baby just as using a condom, birth control, masturbating, etc is not killing a baby. Just because one cell (zygote) has a bigger potential to become a baby, as compared to a sperm or egg cell, does not mean it IS a baby.

lsacqueen

Bronze

Post by lsacqueen » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:45 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Image

Just a cat jumping off a telephone pole.
That can't be real.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Fyo'Couch

Bronze

Post by Fyo'Couch » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Kit Cloudkicker wrote:
Fyo'Couch wrote: Kit Cloudkicker my friend, you are entering a world of pain.

huh?
This is not Nam. This is TopLawSchools.com. There are rules.

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:48 pm

lnoy

New

Post by lnoy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Last edited by lnoy on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Fyo'Couch

Bronze

Post by Fyo'Couch » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:50 pm

lnoy wrote:
RodionRaskolnikov wrote:LOL at the debates going on.

The data size (i.e. 140 kb, etc) has always been there. This is my first time taking the exam and I looked at the page carefuly a couple of weeks ago and noticed them and thought how bad it would be if the sizes matched my lsat score, i.e. 140 =140. Then I saw the other sizes in the 300s and didn't think much of it. So the data was always there. We might get out scores on Monday, but Tuesday is most likely.

Second, atheist wins because, let's face it, if you're an adult who still believes in a magical creature in the sky who grants you wishes and an entrance to a really fun carnival depending on whether you've been naughty or nice during your life time, there is something wrong with you.

Third, saying you don't like gay marriage is like saying you don't like and don't want that someone else eats cake just because you're fat and on a diet. If someone's parts don't work with someone of an opposite sex, but only work with someone of the same sex, and they fall in love, which is possible, with someone of same sex, then there is just as much reason for them to get married if two people of different sexes were in love, had their parts work well, and were getting married. To deny that requires you to read a book.

Finally, abortion is not killing a baby just as using a condom, birth control, masturbating, etc is not killing a baby. Just because one cell (zygote) has a bigger potential to become a baby, as compared to a sperm or egg cell, does not mean it IS a baby.

I too am a first time test taker and I'm pretty sure the sizes have always been on page.
8 year olds, dude.

barrotmartin

Bronze

Post by barrotmartin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 pm

RodionRaskolnikov wrote:LOL at the debates going on.

winner

Kit Cloudkicker

New

Post by Kit Cloudkicker » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:01 pm

So.... here's a topic:

Who thinks the president had Andrew Breitbart whacked to keep him quiet? 8)

"Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C., last month, Breitbart claimed he had damning videos of Barack Obama, and planned to release them before the general election.

'[We] are going to vet [Obama] from his college days to show you why racial division and class warfare are central to what hope and change was sold in 2008,' Breitbart told the CPAC crowd."

wakka!

Bronze

Post by wakka! » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:05 pm

ampersand5 wrote:
wakka! wrote:

Why do you ask?
I'm not asking about the study of economics, but if you think an actual economy exists. By that, I just mean the involvement and interaction of constituents of a state who participate in the exchange of goods and services.
If you agree that an economy exist, do you think such a concept could be valuable to you?

Not really, it's just an abstraction. Society is also an abstraction.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”