February 2012 Waiting Thread (NEW POLL!!!1!) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How do you think you scored?

Below a 160
24%
161-162
6%
163-164
10%
165-166
9%
167-168
9%
169-170
6%
171-172
13%
173-174
8%
175-176
3%
177+
11%

Total votes: 173

hotspur

Bronze

Re: February 2012 Waiting Thread

Post by hotspur » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:35 pm

barrotmartin wrote:whoa. what do I do now that it's over?
Drink

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:35 pm

Hahah exactly I had that feeling like I do when i walk out of finals in the spring. Liberating, but confusing.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:36 pm

shempskidd wrote:
TIKITEMBO wrote:
You'll be alright.

Circling the same letter doesn't really maximize your chances though... Each game has a random 1/5 chance
I just mean it's better to guess all of the same answer as it's more likely than if you randomly guess A, B, C, D, E. Powerscore outlined the usefulness in this strategy better than I can :D
I think that is for questions you have absolutely no idea how to answer. As answer "D" has historically been more of a correct option than any of the other questions, for every question you have no clues, the advice is to choose D.
If your reasoning resembles the stimulus for a flawed logicical reasoning question, I can't see interpreting it as valid for use on the LSAT lol jk

hockeymonster

New

Post by hockeymonster » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:37 pm

hockeymonster wrote:Please tell me those who didn't have 3 LR's, is the "baby can only understand 2 words at a time" and "pesticide X" are in the experimental LR?

This was section 3 for me. It had 26 questions.

LR-LG-LR(26)-LR(27)-RC

Additional confirmation?

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Anyone overhear anything ridiculous said by the woefully uninformed?

My favorite was this thirty something who said, "I really have no interest in practice. I just want the degree"

Oh boy, he's going to have great job prospects.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FrozenCavemanLawyer

New

Post by FrozenCavemanLawyer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Does anyone remember some of the games from the experimental section? Isstill can't remember which one was which. I bombed one and did well on the other.

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:38 pm

I think that is for questions you have absolutely no idea how to answer. As answer "D" has historically been more of a correct option than any of the other questions, for every question you have no clues, the advice is to choose D.
Definitely. And that's what I followed. Also, if you have a few in a row that you don't have time to answer, it's better to guess all of the same letter than for example to guess A,B,C.

shempskidd

New

Post by shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:39 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
shempskidd wrote:
TIKITEMBO wrote:
You'll be alright.

Circling the same letter doesn't really maximize your chances though... Each game has a random 1/5 chance
I just mean it's better to guess all of the same answer as it's more likely than if you randomly guess A, B, C, D, E. Powerscore outlined the usefulness in this strategy better than I can :D
If your reasoning resembles the stimulus for a flawed logicical reasoning question, I can't see interpreting it as valid for use on the LSAT lol jk
Sadly, I feel that is true after writing this exam.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:39 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Anyone overhear anything ridiculous said by the woefully uninformed?

My favorite was this thirty something who said, "I really have no interest in practice. I just want the degree"

One chick showed up 20 min after check in, had to borrow a pencil, then fell asleep not 2 minutes after she put her pencil down from the writing sample, which by the way was like 8 minutes in

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hockeymonster

New

Post by hockeymonster » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:40 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:
Definitely. And that's what I followed. Also, if you have a few in a row that you don't have time to answer, it's better to guess all of the same letter than for example to guess A,B,C.
I've heard different opinions. I think D is the most common AC for harder questions and E is actually the most common throughout the history of the LSAT.

ICBW

shempskidd

New

Post by shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:40 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Anyone overhear anything ridiculous said by the woefully uninformed?

You'd think that would be a godsend in the over saturated US lawyer market.

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:44 pm

The woman running the exam mentioned that in October we she had seen over 500 test takers at this center where there were only 65 this time around.

Two guys near me immediately high-fived and one said, "Better curve!"

8)

barrotmartin

Bronze

Post by barrotmartin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:45 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
Hahah exactly I had that feeling like I do when i walk out of finals in the spring. Liberating, but confusing.
first world problems are killer 8) drink is right probably.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hockeymonster

New

Post by hockeymonster » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:46 pm

100 questions total, sorry for spamming posts.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Which of the following in an assumption required by the argument

(x)
(b)If one has no clue, he knows history
(c)Historical tendency is sufficient to predict future outcome
(x)
(e)D is chosen most often by those without clues

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:I think that is for questions you have absolutely no idea how to answer. As answer "D" has historically been more of a correct option than any of the other questions, for every question you have no clues, the advice is to choose D.

(x)
(x)
Kidding aside, if your totally lost and have to guess...take 2 seconds and cross off anything that says always, never, etc...then guess...it's worth the second it takes

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:50 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:

The woman running the exam mentioned that in October we she had seen over 500 test takers at this center where there were only 65 this time around.

8)
:lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:51 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:
TIKITEMBO wrote:

8)
Lmao

:lol:

abyrne527

New

Post by abyrne527 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:51 pm

This may sound like a strange question, but has anyone ever heard of LSAC repeating February exams. I took the test today in Egypt, and while reading your comments about the RC I realized I had none of your passages. I did a search for the passages I did have and the Feb. 2010 forum came up, and they had the same logic games and LR questions also. I don't know if this was a mistake or LSAC didn't feel like mailing fresh exams here. This is the weirdest thing ever!

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:53 pm

Someone in my test read the first 2 questions, said "I can't do this" and walked out.

hockeymonster

New

Post by hockeymonster » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:I think that is for questions you have absolutely no idea how to answer. As answer "D" has historically been more of a correct option than any of the other questions, for every question you have no clues, the advice is to choose D.

(x)
(x)
Kidding aside, if your totally lost and have to guess...take 2 seconds and cross off anything that says always, never, etc...then guess...it's worth the second it takes
Yeah that works for assumption based and inference questions... choose the weaker language. But what about games and RC? I guess you're SOL

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

shempskidd

New

Post by shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:56 pm

(x)
(x)
LOL, C.

hockeymonster

New

Post by hockeymonster » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:56 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Someone in my test read the first 2 questions, said "I can't do this" and walked out.

LOL

shempskidd

New

Post by shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:57 pm

:) To be fair, I think the rule about choosing "D" was also if you were running out of time.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Bronze

Post by BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey, sorry, I read through the first 3 pages of this thread, but I still am wondering....

I had the LR-LG-RC-LR-RC exam.

I am wondering which RC was the real one and which was the fake.

I had a worse time with the second RC. I am hoping that was the trial section because I had to guess on about the last 7, which amounts to a whole passage worth of questions.

Also, just to chime in on the testing conditions.... There were three people total and the two proctors spoke throughout the first 10 minutes of the first section in that "loud whisper" which actually makes it worse than just talking.... Pissed me off. In addition to that, on the second LR section they announced "you now have less than 5 minutes to complete the section." WTF!!! How much time is left!? Who knew? The test takers didn't...

Anyway, could someone chime in on which RC they think was the trial...? I can't remember which section had which passages...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”