Games by Type Performance

collegebum1989

Games by Type Performance

Postby collegebum1989 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:46 am

Hi everyone,

Recently started drilling by type using Cambridge LSAT, and it's been pretty helpful so far with improving on each question type.

The only discouraging fact is that I will do amazing on the easier questions (difficulty 1,2) then totally get slaughtered on the harder questions (20/30ish).

Understanding that a 170 means more or less -10 on the entire test, how would it be the best to proceed with the difficult questions.

People say that drilling by type will lead you to see patterns, which I do see but majority of my problems usually come from either not understanding the context of stimulus or misreading things. Repeating questions, leads to repeating the same errors. For anyone who has experienced this before: any suggestions?

Thank you!

collegebum1989

Re: Games by Type Performance

Postby collegebum1989 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:49 am

Also, How does one overcome all of the hurdles of choosing an incorrect answer which are not related to approach (misreading, careless mistakes, misreading a word, etc). Seems pretty difficult to avoid even within a single section.

fosterp

Postby fosterp » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:13 pm

When your reviewing, try going over each missed question and identify a statement of why each answer is incorrect, why the right answer is right, and what logic lead you to choose an incorrect answer. Writing it out in word or in a notebook is also helpful to some people.

collegebum1989

Postby collegebum1989 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks for the help, I'm reviewing all my mistakes today, and starting to see that majority of my mistakes are on abstract questions (both RC and LR), and in these cases, I get the wrong answer because of my inability grasp a firm understanding of content, or intimidated by unfamiliar/wordy language.

I seem to understand the rationale and structure when i "know" the correct answer choices (using answer key) but have trouble choosing between 2 choices.

Any suggestions on how to leap over tough content and obscure language to understand structure?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”